Home

Speculation on Telltale's 'secret' license

jp-30

i owe all of you who suspected it was a Bone game an apology. I thought it was dumb guess, figuring how there was no nose on that shadow, and how its not as 'loved' as they were putting on as to what their game is about.

but then in their links page, they have a link to boneville.com , the Bone webpage.

Again, I doubt that the shadow is Bone or one of the other two characters, its not out of the question that they arent making a Bone game.

I've said elsewhere on this forum that you might not have thought that Sam & Max or Indiana Jones would translate well to Adventure games. I think Bone would be good as an adventure game. And if Telltale does indeed decide to make one, I'd be excited. But I'll hold out hope that they make Sam & Max 2.

> But I'll hold out hope that they make Sam & Max 2.

Well, their first game definitely won't be Sam & Max 2, but they have said they will be pursuing that license from Steve Purcell once the lucasarts license period expires in May 2005.

I honestly DON'T think it's Bone. The reason being, Bone is a Creator Owned Epic by Jeff Smith. It's a complete series, with little room for additional tales in it's structure. Also, one would think that Jeff Smith wouldn't want a Bone product not writen by him.

BUT. You know, I could see a Bone prequel maybe, perhaps staring Fone Bone's Ansestor, Big Johnson Bone.

On another note, while Bone is on the mind. Bone is one of the GREATEST comic Fantasy epics ever to come out in Comic Book form. The entire series is collected in a 1300 page soft cover for 40 bucks. Jeff Smith's magnum opus is Genius and should be read by all. Perticulary if you're a fan of Adventure games on a whole.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by The Adventurer

I honestly DON'T think it's Bone. The reason being, Bone is a Creator Owned Epic by Jeff Smith. It's a complete series, with little room for additional tales in it's structure. Also, one would think that Jeff Smith wouldn't want a Bone product not writen by him.

BUT. You know, I could see a Bone prequel maybe, perhaps staring Fone Bone's Ansestor, Big Johnson Bone.

On another note, while Bone is on the mind. Bone is one of the GREATEST comic Fantasy epics ever to come out in Comic Book form. The entire series is collected in a 1300 page soft cover for 40 bucks. Jeff Smith's magnum opus is Genius and should be read by all. Perticulary if you're a fan of Adventure games on a whole.

Well, as it turned out it'll (most likely) be based directly on the comics.

I've read the first book in the series, and it's great - close to the quality of the old Carl Barks comics. The re-colored pages look great, but as I can't wait until the summer for the next book, I'll probably go with the collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived