Home

recon droid use

{xg}darthVADER

Hit "G", which is your alternate secondary weapon (normally a grenade). Toss it, and you now have control over it. You can fly arround and shoot stuff. I have not called in an air strike, so I can't tell you how to do that. Good luck.

TK209

You change 2ndary weapon using G and then press the right mouse button. When controlling the Recon Droid use WASD to move and the mouse to rotate. Press E to go back to player (pressing E again will put you back in the Recon Droid). Pressing MB1 fires a lazer and MB 2 starts a countdown for an air strike.

Originally posted by jedijohn

does the droid call in the obital strike to where it is or where the crosshair points

The droid itself holds the homing beacon. Release the droid in front of your sniper. Then call for orbital strike (far enough so your sniper does not get killed) and you can see what happens. Your droid is destroyed in the process.

Actually..... I think that's the most fun in Battlefront, to call down orbital strikes, and I have basically just camped and send our droids. Then just activate and bam. I usually get top score with that one and yeah the orbital strikes are powerful, but fortunatly not that powerful since they don't seem to do that much damage to vehicles...... Well I killed one vehicle with it it was damaged, but I never received my kill weird. I can see reasons why this feature could be called lame. Ohh well maybe its just that my enemies haven't figured out that they should shoot the recon droid down before the beeping ends ;)

Evil Dark Jedi is right. The orbital strike is very useful but not in an open enviornment. I use it often to call for fire to provide support before attempting to invade an enemy command post. It can clear out an area quick and helps alot especially if the command post has limited entrances that are easily defended. Keep in mind also, if you didn't know, that the orbital strike takes a few seconds to develop, but you can begin the timer while moving which is important. The enemy can and will shoot down your recon droid so try to time beginning your strike timer with getting to the spot where you want it to center around.

Change your secondary weapon from Thermal Detonator to the Recon Droid and hit secondary fire once. This will activate the droid and you will now control it instead of the sniper. Once you are the droid use your primary fire to fire lasers or the secondary fire again to begin the orbital strike timer.

Default button to switch from grenades to recon droid is G. Hit your Secondary Fire button to release the droid and guide it around. You only have a set time before it is destroyed, so move it to where you want the bombardment to strike. Once you've found a spot, hit Secondary Fire again (no need to hold it pressed :) ) and after the 4th beep the bombardment will commence at the area the droid was when the last beep sounded.

Tips: Call in the bombardment before you have positioned your droid if you are sure the area you want to bombard usually is filled with people. The bombardment will not commence until the third beep and will target the spot the droid was when the 4th beep sounded.

If you want to bombard the area where you pressed the Secondary Fire button, move around the area so it will be harder for the enemy to destroy the droid before it manages to call in the bombardment. If the enemy destroyes it before the 4th beep, the bombardment will not commence.

While you move the droid around you can shoot blaster shots by clicking the Primaery Fire button.

While you are operating the droid your toon is vulnerable to attack, so do not launch the droid while you are out in the open in plain view of the enemy. If you get killed, you will lose control of the droid, obviously. :D

Archived