Home

FindRefs Utility (Latest version: v4.4)

tk102

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure whether this is a problem, or a function you havent added yet, but..

I notice that the program searches Lightmaps.BIF but doesn't actually show the lightmaps for extraction. Is this 'supposed' to happen?

Also, a suggestion... Seen as KotOR Tool doesn't include multiple extraction, could to possibly include a function to extract TPC files as TGA, like KotOR Tool only with lots of files rather than 1 at a time through the image viewer?

Thanks ;) ~GM

Im not sure whether this is a problem, or a function you havent added yet, but..

I notice that the program searches Lightmaps.BIF but doesn't actually show the lightmaps for extraction. Is this 'supposed' to happen?

If by 'is this supposed to' you mean 'is this expected (by me)', then the answer is yes. :p Lightmaps.bif are not currently supported by FindRefs.

Also, a suggestion... Seen as KotOR Tool doesn't include multiple extraction, could to possibly include a function to extract TPC files as TGA, like KotOR Tool only with lots of files rather than 1 at a time through the image viewer?

Thanks ;) ~GM

I knew this was coming. :p I'll put it on the list.

@jcoolZombie: The installer attempts to detect the version of findrefs.dll that you currently have and if it is later or the same as the one in the installer, it will skip it. Try deleting your existing version of findrefs.dll (in your C:\Windows or C:\WINNT folder) and try the installation over again.

Might also require running as administrator under Vista since it registers a new DLL.

• 6 years later...

Sorry to bump this thread up from half a decade ago, but I can't seem to get findrefs to work with KOTOR 2 for me: it keeps telling me "could not locate installation directory"- which I could easily fix but I can't seem to figure out HOW to specify the directory in this program. It works fine with KOTOR 1, though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I downloaded them via steam?

Archived