Home

Strategy: Defend Your AT-ATs

Vader523

Heres an idea me and my friend thought about and tried. Works great. Just move next to the other one and speeders cant tie you up. Works very well, just move next to each other toward the sheild generator and you're practically unstoppable. You may get lots of team kills though because people respawn right in between both walkers and under your feet. Basically, theres too much distance to wrap the cable around both, so it will disconnect, therefore making it impossible to successfully toe cable the AT-ATs.

Originally posted by Marduke|Myth

Sweet idea Vader. Put this theory to test with clanmates and it worked. We even were told we were cheating. heehee!

It's not cheating if you are working within the parameters of the game. ;)

Originally posted by LoQ

It's not cheating if you are working within the parameters of the game. ;)

No, but it is exploiting. :)

Remember, it's just a game, and the point of the game is to have fun, for both sides. ;)

AT-AT's are powerfull enough as it is, especially on Hoth, no need to make it even harder than it already is.

Getting under an AT-AT never worked for me. However if i walk behind an AT-ST; staying away from the legs, i'll die as if it squashed me :\ Bad clipping...

Nice tactic. And hard to fix it for LEC as well, though i can see leagues like TWL will list this as 'exploits' if it gets used

Another AT-AT trick is to take the AT-AT over to the left, and go up the hill to the left of the lefthand control point. You should come over the hill right above the shield gen, and while you're getting there the hill rising up on one side of the AT-AT will make it very hard for the rebels to rope you. Try it out and you'll see what I mean. ;)

I'm going to give this a shot myself! Thank goodness you came up with this idea. Every time I play and a Hoth map comes up everybody picks the rebs. Well, this should make for a big surprise. BTW I don't think that it creates an unfair advantage. They can still shoot you down just takes a while. Just means that the rebs will have to work with out that spawn point.

:band:

it is possible to wrap an AT AT even when they are that close to each otherit happened once to me on SP it was a fluke that the ai did it but i was able to wrap one then the other you just gotta be extremly tight when circling the 2nd one now since it was SP there was no real effort to bring me down but the 2nd AtAt was on part of the hill so that made it even worse but it is possible now on MP could be a different story.

You know, there is a button on your keyboard you should use more often. Punctuation is usually useful if you want people to read and understand your posts.

it is possible to wrap an AT AT even when they are that close to each other. It happened once to me on SP, it was a fluke that the AI did it, but i was able to wrap one then the other. You just gotta be extremly tight when circling the 2nd one. Now since it was SP, there was no real effort to bring me down but the 2nd AtAt was on part of the hill so that made it even worse, but it is possible. Now on MP could be a different story.

Now I think that that is a bit easier to read.

• 3 weeks later...

Moving your AT-AT's in a tight formation does help considerably... as does using near-by hills and rocket-troops.

However, I have been able to bring down every AT-AT I have come up against... in every formation and defense pattern imaginable. I love flying between the legs of the AT-AT, also the tow cable is usually long enough to fly around two AT-AT's... however you only bring down the AT-AT that the tow cable attaches to originally.

A good strategy, along with the AT-AT formation/defense, is to take over Echo Base ASAP!!! It is rare to bring down a good pilot, but it does happen, and if you can keep him from grabbing another T-47 after it respawns, you have put the rebels in a very tough place to come back from.

Also... blow up all the vehicle repair droids. I noticed most people who fly are not pilots, and they have to land near a droid to get repairs.

A better defense forces me to become a better pilot... and that makes for a better game.

Originally posted by jaemz

however you only bring down the AT-AT that the tow cable attaches to originally.

Yes. I don't see how the other guys here towed 2 AT-ATs at once while the tow cable goes trough the legs of the other AT-AT.

You just need a couple of shocktroopers who are willing to stick to the mobile spawnpoints. It's more fun for them if you place them on top of the AT-AT (you'll need a speeder for that)

• 4 weeks later...

I found an intresting way of protecting your AT-AT. Incase one was destroyed before you could get the two together and there are no shock troopers around this is what you do. Take an AT-ST and drive it into the snow speeder while it is wraping up the AT-AT

when it hits you, you will hardly have a scratch on you but the snow speeder will blow up.

• 9 months later...

Some funny and wierd stuff ive seen

2 speeders colliding

a speeder bouncing off my AT-ST and onto the AT-AT and blew up

speeders flying through the legs of an at at

a tauntun and snowspeeder colliding

a tauntun on a hill (blasted it once i saw it)

A guy landing on speeder and flying off and dying

Most of this was seen on multiplayer

Archived