Home

Map Review Contest 1 : FFA WIP

Eldritch

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry that this thread has been so quiet lately, but all my energy had been focused on other things so mapping was a little neglected.

But with that taken care of, things are back in full swing and I just wanted to show off a new building that will be featured in the map. It hasn't been incorporated into the whole map yet (which there will be no shots of - I want everyone to be surprised when they see it on submission day), but I guess I just wanted to show that I'm still working on this map!

Enjoy!

Hey Eldritch, any chance you could loan me your buildings when you finish your map? I've been working on a MB2_Theed map but my building skills are still very noobish.

http://moviebattles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1339

As you can see in the pics down the way, my map looks a little boxy, also the people on the forums are looking forward to the map pretty badly as you can see in the latest posts.

I'm thinking of dropping the contest, this Theed map im working is taking all my attention, and I dont really feel like mapping my tropical map at the moment.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by lassev

Right now Eldritch is cooperating in a small SP project with me. He is handling all the mapping, architectural design and texturing for the project.

Just to let you know, in case he doesn't personally happen to pop in to post any details here...

I guess that means he did quit the Naboo map then? Bummer, aside a new Coruscant map a large detailed map of Naboo was what I was most looking forward to.

Thanks for the info Lassev.

:rolleyes:

youknow' there is something besides the term "death". No one would propably ever drop such a big project.

It can just occur that you temprorary set your focus upon other stuff, maybe even other projects until you have the ambition and new spirit to finish up the "old" stuff.

However, I just tend to not come to hasty conclusions.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Mongo05

Has eldritch ever finished anything?

I've finished quite a few things, actually. :rolleyes:

My guess is that he wil probably be abandoning your project or starting something else.

Wrong again. My part in the project with lassev has been completed, with the exception of a final compile (we're waiting on a few sounds files as well). I'm not sure where all your hostility towards me is coming from Mongo, but it's misplaced.

Originally posted by Archonon

I guess that means he did quit the Naboo map then? Bummer, aside a new Coruscant map a large detailed map of Naboo was what I was most looking forward to.

Nope. Look below. ;)

Pahricida's statement is actually pretty close to the truth -- it was a combination of having to go to work for long hours each day (killing the drive for any additional work when I got home), and just having other things that took priority.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Here's your reward - to be released soon, after I fix a few things and run a final compile (which will up the level of lighting, amongst other things):

Clickie.

Archived