Home

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Outcast

ramy

Does anyone know if someone has made a MOD to work for Jedi Outcast. I may be ignorant about this topic, but why is the Dark Forces MOD that is under the works being made for Jedi Academy and not Outcast?

Also what are your favorite MOD's for Jedi Outcast?

The Dark Forces TC mod started off as a mod for Jedi Outcast. That was back before people even knew that Raven was developing Jedi Academy. When news of the sequel emerged, the team decided to change plans and make the mod for JA instead of JO. The reason; JA's extra features (aka more weapons, textures, large creatures as enemies) makes it much easier to create that old school Dark Forces feel than JO allowed. However, they did create a one-level demo of the mod for JO before making the switch. That level can be found here.

The team is still hard at the mod, and is almost done with a three-level demo for JA.

As for some of my favorite mods, there's a ton of great ones out there. For SP levels and mods, the first Dark Forces demo and the Colosseum mod are two of the best. A few other great ones that come to mind are Dash Rendar: Resurgence, Ladders 1 and 2, Spice Mines of Kessel, Project Lighthouse, Kyle's Nightmare, Nar Shaada Once Again, Hoth: Imperial Base and Escape from Takron-Galtos (dang, I remembered more than I thought!). All of these can be found at www.map-review.com

I can't get any of the mods to work with JO. When I try to run SP mode, when I click on setup and MODS it doesn't show the folders for the mods even though they're in the GameData folder. However the mod folders did show up when I ran the MP.exe file. But that's kinda useless for SP mods. The only thing I think it could be is the "Patched to version 1.4" thing, which I don't really understand what that meant....any clues?

I'm curious about something.

Is it possible to use the Dark Forces mod Blaster Rifle and Bryar Pistol models in the JO/JA single player and MP? Or are the models already out, and I'm just not looking hard enough? I recently downloaded the demo and was amazed at the whole thing. And I really fell in love with the new player view weapon models, they were much better than their JO counterparts.

Originally posted by Sign of Haro

I'm curious about something.

Is it possible to use the Dark Forces mod Blaster Rifle and Bryar Pistol models in the JO/JA single player and MP? Or are the models already out, and I'm just not looking hard enough? I recently downloaded the demo and was amazed at the whole thing. And I really fell in love with the new player view weapon models, they were much better than their JO counterparts.

You can do so, you'd just have to extract the weapon models and skin files out of the DF mod demo's pk3.

Archived