Home

Concerts

CapNColostomy

Just wondering what shows you guys have been to, want to see, plan to see, etc...I've been to alot of them myself. This month I'm going to Goatwhore on the 9th, and American Head Charge on the 22nd. I might go see Ministry on the 3rd of next month, but I don't have the day off, so I may not. So anyone else go to shows?

i saw Ben Harper live. simply amazing.

saw BigWig (with Captain Everything, and a few other punk bands i can't remember the names)

i often go see my friend who plays in a band. i also got an other group of friends starting up their own band.

saw ModestMouse live. they were great.

i am gonna go see Muse soon.

Frustrated that I never saw BrokenSocialScene live. I keep missing them.

I saw Alexisonfire and BillyTalent. they played at a local university.

I've been to a few concerts already. I've gone to see Evergreen Terrace, Calico System, Glasseater, Hawthorne Height's a few time's already up north in Corona.

I went to the Linkin Park Meteora World Wide tour which featured Story of The Year, Hoobastank, P.O.D., and of course LP down in San Diego earlier this year.

I went to this year's Warped Tour in Fullerton and saw quite a few bands there.

I have a Unearth Concert coming up on the 14th in Pomona and then the next day I have Evergreen Terrace in Corona. I was going to plan on going to a Atreyu concert with the Used in San Diego that Sunday too but with work on those two first concert days and work the next day after the Atreyu concert I won't make it so I won't go to that Atreyu Concert. I work at 5AM in the morning and the concert starts at 7:30PM in San Diego which is 2 hours away from my house so do the math.

I might go see a Yellowcard Concert in November with my g/f so that's pretty much all my concerts.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Just wondering what shows you guys have been to, want to see, plan to see, etc...I've been to alot of them myself. This month I'm going to Goatwhore on the 9th, and American Head Charge on the 22nd. I might go see Ministry on the 3rd of next month, but I don't have the day off, so I may not. So anyone else go to shows?

I was gonna see Ministry here on the 12th of this month, but the damn tickets sold out. Not the first time this has happend to me.

I hear rumors that Ministry will tour with Skinny Puppy. Let us HOPE those rumours are in fact true!

Originally posted by GothiX

I've seen Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Sirenia, Within Temptation, Epica and some others.

Going to see Nightwish and After Forever february 11th.

:crybaby:

I'll maybe go see a local black metal act some day this month...

I hate this place :(

Originally posted by TheJackal

i saw Ben Harper live. simply amazing.

F**k yeah! I saw Ben Harper live about 2 or 3 months ago, where he played for nearly 3 hours uninterrupted. It was the greatest musical experience of my life, words simply cannot describe it. We were front row, and Juan (the bassist) came right up to solo by us. We were so close it was breathtaking. At the end Ben reached out to the crowd, and having the longest arms of any person near, I was able to reach him and he smacked my hand! It sounds like nothing, but it was all part of the experience. Also, at that show they were playing new material from the album that's only just been released.

On a slightly different musical note, I will be seeing The Darkness live in Wembley in December :D

I see over 200 concerts a year...

But then again I'm a live sound and lighting guy, so that's understandable.

It's been about a decade since I was at a concert I wasn't getting paid to be at,.. and I can't remember the last show I actually paid money to see.

Originally posted by edlib

I see over 200 concerts a year...

But then again I'm a live sound and lighting guy, so that's understandable.

It's been about a decade since I was at a concert I wasn't getting paid to be at,.. and I can't remember the last show I actually paid money to see.

Depending on the acts and venues, I'd say that HAS to be a kickass job right there.

It does have it's moments,.. but like anything it starts to become "Just a job" after a while and you get jaded and start looking forward to days off.

You also have hear a lot of really crappy music and deal with a lot of pissant local acts with huge egos that pitch major diva attitude, and deal with clueless promoters and managers who want the near impossible immediately and on the cheap.

Still, I enjoy it and get along with the folks I work with, so I guess I have it better than most people I know who hate thier jobs and co-workers.

Archived