Home

I'm totally lost...

Mr. Fett

I want to know how to play with more than 7 lousy AI bots in a room I create myself. (I have the PS2 version of the game). I hear all this crap about PS2 dedicated servers and PC dedicated servers, but no one seems to speak dumbass for those of us who aren't exactly techno whizzes. I have no clue what anybody is talking about. I just wanna play my damn game. I'M CRYIN OUT FOR HELP HERE PEOPLE!!!

dont quote me on this but from what I have been reading,

For you to run a sizable game you would have to setup a PS2 dedicated Server.

What this means is you would have to download the software to your computer and install it. This would then allow you to host a game via your computer and connect to it via your PS2 and it should be listed so other PS2 players could connect to it.

If you are not running Cable or DSL I do not suggest setting up a server. The reason is that you are likly to see a lot of lag when you play the game.

Lag = Game Play Slow

I don't own a PS2 so I do not know if it has a built in server like the PC version kind of does. If it does and it is not just a LAN server then you should be good to go.

But if it is only a LAN server then for people to connect to it they would have to be on the same network as you. Meaning that they would have to be at your house.

I will see what else I can find and update this as soon as I see anything else.

Sorry I could not be more help

If you want here is the download for the PS2 Dedicated server

http://www.apocalypce.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

ok that clears that up. i already had downloaded the PS2 server code thingy but i didn't understand how to use it, mmm still don't. all that shows up in the folder i downloaded it to is the swbattlefrontps2server.exe file name wich only brings up the uninstall program. so im totally at a loss for that. now. i do not know if i have to hook my PS2 strait to my PC or what in order for that to work. if thats the case... well... im still screwed there too cause i wouldn't know how to do that either. you probably wouldn't know how to do that though since you don't have a PS2. maybe you could find somebody who could help. thanks for the info. it did clear some things up. hey ttyl man. thanks again.

Ok I just installed the PS2 dedicated server.

I will walk you through it

Download the PS2 Dedicated server.

Double click on swbattlefrontps2server.exe

This will start the install

Accept the terms and service

Click on complete install

This will then start coping files to your computer.

When it is complete click on the start button on your task bar.

Then click on programs --> Lucas Arts --> Star Wars Battlefront --> Star Wars Battlefront PS2 Server

This will bring up the server interface

Type in your session name ( example: -=SITHLORDS=- )

Type a password if you do not want others that you have not giving the password to to login to the server.

Slide the slider bar next to "Max Number Players:" to the left or right depeding on how many players you want to allow ( depending on or internet connection should determine the number of players you set.)

Slide the slider bar next to "AI Units Per Team:" to the left or the right depending on how many bots you want per team.

Slide the slider bar next to "Min Players to Start:" to the left or the right depending on how many players have to be on the server for the game to start a round.

Heros: On or Off --> This is set to on if you want Luke and Darth to play as Non playable characters.

( they just run around killing people and no one can play them besides the AI)

Set it ot Off if you do not want them to play

( this is set to OFF by default)

Aim Assist: On or Off --> Something like auto AIM for the players

Team Damage: On or Off --> On means you can kill your teammates. Off means you can't

Show Player Names: On or Off --> see other players names that are on the server.

AI Difficulty: Easy, Medium, Hard --> This is for the bots. How smart do you want them

Team Selection: Auto Assign or Player Select --> Do you want the players to select what teams they are on or have the server auto balance the teams based on how many players are on the server.

MAPS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Choices:

Game Types:

Galactic Civil Wars --> Episode 4 - 6

Clone Wars --> Episode 1 - 3

Select the the maps you want to play.. and click add or just select add all and you will be able to play all the maps for the specified game type.

you can then either play them in the order you selected the maps or set it to random order. If you want random order just check the check box next to " Random Order"

Network Options

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosting Bandwidth:

128k --> Sucky DSL

256k --> Still Sucky DSL

384k --> Getting better on the DSL

512k --> Still getting better on the DSL

1M+ --> Cable or better

Select the bandwidth for the internet connection that the server will be running on.

LAN Game --> This means that everyone will be playing at your house.

Region: North America or Europe -- Where do you live set it accordinly

Server Start

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Automatic Restart: Check this so if for some reason the server crashes it will " Automaticly Restart "

Once you have all that setup click on the start

A nice little window will pop up and give it about 30 seconds and you will be running your very own PS2 dedicated server.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MOST RECENT COPY OF DIRECT X INSTALLED

Have fun

Hmm... well it worked, but there are two problems. first: it stays on "auto assign" for teams mode. i cant get it to switch to "player select" even when i have it marked on the setup page. second: (this has got to be a provider problem) i have really bad ping. any advice?

On the ping issue I would say it is a ISP issue what are you running?

Cable?

DSL?

On the issue of auto assign I am not sure. I will test it a little bit tonight but it will probabaly be tomorrow before I can get you any info.

For the time being if the server runs good I would just keep it on auto assign but that is me. I currently run one PC dedicated server as auto assign and don't seem to get any compaints about it. Plus most of the other server I have played on are the same. But again that is the PC version.

actually do this when you send me an email or you can post it here. Give me the ipaddress of your server and I will setup one of my status scripts to check your server.

One this will do two things it will tell us if there is something in the way of your server and two allow me to test my status script on PS2 server which I have not done yet.

ok so apparently my email didn't go through for one reason or another. i typed your address just as you spelled it. hmm... go figure. says delivery failed. whatever. here is the message:

"i dont have a router or anything but i have come across this firewall issue before. it was with "Tom Clancey's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm". i had the same problem. i couldn't host a room. although it was under completely different circumstances, but it was still an issue with the firewall. i never did get it figured out now that i think of it. hmm... well you seem the all knowing Lord Natas. perhaps you could shed some light on the problem. i don't think i could figure out how to access my firewall... ahh, i cant remember, it was too long ago. something... ports... hmm... its blury at best. thats most likely the problem. tell me what you think. and see if you can't figure out which ports i will need to open too. thanks

Mr. Fett"

Are you running Winblows XP???

If so you might have the winblows firewall turned on and if so we can just open the ports on that. I think I have not worked with that POS that much but I can figure out something...

Just let me know what OS you are running and we will go from there.

ill have to get back to you later tonight. im not home right now so if you could just leave a message after the beep... no, just kidding. but i cant remember cause my home comp was a used one. thats why i don't know much about that comp. otherwise i might be able to be a little more helpful. but i think it was windows xp. uh, im not too terribly certain though. like i said i'll have to get back to you on that.

ok im home. i can't seem to find the ports for my firewall though. oh wait a min. hey actually do u have AIM by any chance? that might be quicker and easier. if not the i think i may have found where i input the port codes for new apps.

Archived