Home

Auto assign team gripe

vwjoker

One gripe I have about the server, that I would like changed would be a more randomised auto assign, rather than the 1st come, 1st served basis.

As I am hosting my own dedicated server I have the best ping rate, and find I am always playing on the same side for each map. I am loathed to turn on "Player select" as you see a fair bit of "side jumping" to be on the winning side.

So I feel it would be nice for a Random auto assign option. Hey too many options cant be bad.

Just my 2 cents on that, feel free to discuss etc :)

Apologies if I am repeating other peoples suggestions, been stuck in hosptial for a day or so and not had a chance to refresh myself on whats been said.

The way for Pandemic to fix this (allow player select without allowing people to side jump to the winners) would be to have an option for "auto team force balancing..."

Like a script that scans the sides every 30 seconds for imbalances and then forces the player with the lowest time/score to the team that's missing the person (if balancing is possible with the current number of players).

This is something that OJP does in Jedi Academy and that's only a user made mod, so surely professional programmers can do this for a commercial game they created.

vwjoker.. one thing you might want to try is wait a few seconds (count to 20) and then hit done to start to load into the next level.

i know its not a solution but at least you do have control as to what time you do enter the server for the next round..

thanks avonnied, I've started doing that when others are on the server.

One thing, I think would be nice in regard to this... and thats be able to pick which side initially, and then you are stuck respawning for that side for the rest of that level.

Archived