Home

Jedi Killing

Kurgan

Somebody's going to hate me for this I just know it... but dang those Jedi are a tease! So much potential, but they just run around like dorks half the time or just stand around looking moody and blocking stuff.

Oh well. I had a bit of fun messing around trying to get them to do stuff.

It seems that Jedi ignore you when you're in a vehicle for some reason, even if you're attacking them.

Now we all know that Luke and Vader will block blaster bolts (even from vehicles) behind their backs and never take damage. Mace Windu bounces shots off his bald head (even without the saber). He'll also push back rockets. So I tried getting into a Walker and firing at the ground near them. They'd flip around and I'd see a blue "flash" (Force heal?) but they never took damage there either even though they fell flat on their backs from the splash damage of the explosions.

Finally, it hit me. Remember that scene where Luke chops the Speeder in half in ROTJ? Well what if he hadn't been paying attention?

surprise.jpg

Sure enough, it works! A couple of light bumps will do the job or pickup some speed and WHOOMP (too bad it doesn't have quite the effect it does say in Jedi Academy, but oh well).

Here I ran over Lord Vader (that's for choking my buddies!): roadkilljedi2.jpg

I went to Geonosis and tried to get Dooku and Mace together to see if I could get them to fight. Mace would follow me (mad that I kept shooting at him with my blaster even if it didn't hurt him), but Dooku would just run away! What a pansy...

scareddooku.jpg

So he gets away (just like in the movie). In quite good shape for an old guy too! Always jogging. Anyway, I had to get rid of the Sam Jackson's avatar, so I get into my Wheel Droid:

roadkilljedi1.jpg

Smoosh!

It seems the Wheel Droids, Speeders and bikes can run over the Jedi and kill them easily. But sadly you can't stomp on them with Walkers. : (

Anyway, I really think they need to fix the Jedi, along with the rest of the AI in the next patch. Hey, if they think the AI is too good, make it a new difficulty level, like "Extra Hard" or something.

Hehe, so with a speeder bike you just have to ride over them? :eek:

thanks, I oculd only kill luke on theed with the 2 teams working together throwing bombs to him.

When they die, they drop their saber, while it's still on.

When a jedi is behind you run to sarlacc and push him in with the speeder :p or let him drop from the kamino bridges (just with a nade, they'll fly high in sky and land in sea)

Basicly its best to let nades bounce from the wall under them (they only get nades that are directly to them) or just near them

However, i hardly played with jedi (maybe once) in MP and i'm grateful for that

Originally posted by Alegis

When a jedi is behind you run to sarlacc and push him in with the speeder :p or let him drop from the kamino bridges (just with a nade, they'll fly high in sky and land in sea)

Basicly its best to let nades bounce from the wall under them (they only get nades that are directly to them) or just near them

However, i hardly played with jedi (maybe once) in MP and i'm grateful for that

Most servers have Jedi disabled, probably with the mistaken impression that Jedi are "too powerful" and "would unbalance the game" (when they are really just laughable novelties) or it's just the default setting and few people change the default settings.

Interestingly, in an Instant Action game I was playing (Theed, with Clone Wars factions), my team set up a huge offensive against Count Dooku. He stood there like a dork while multiple vehicles pounded him with weapons. Meanwhile a few guys wandered through the crowd firing rockets at him, and were run over or blown up by the various machines. So as far as the AI are concerned, they TRY to kill the Jedi (even though they are unable to).

So as a distraction, Jedi do serve a purpose, even in their buggy, goofy state.

Now that someone has confirmed my suspicion that Jedi automatically "die" when your reinforcement count drops to 20 or so, I am suspicious about some of the alleged Jedi kills.

Next time you see a Jedi dying keep an eye on your reinforcement count. If it's really low and just dropped to 20 or below, that may be the cause of the death rather than whatever means you used to kill 'em.

It's undisputed that kill-pits (sarlacc, bottomless pits, cliffs, etc) and running them over with speeders/wheel droids works, but other ways, well, pay attention. There may be other ways, but don't let this fool you...

After messing around with some of the mods out there I see that in fact you CAN be stepped on by Walkers and this DOES in fact kill Jedi as well (my bad for doubting!).

In the mods where you can play as Jedi you die once the tickets drop to 15 or below (at least on Hoth) and you will die repeatedly if you try to pick a Jedi. Also Jedi die if the vehicle they are in is destroyed (except perhaps like a taun taun or something).

• 2 weeks later...

something else fun you can do with a jedi hero is to take a TX-130S figter tank (you know those with a turret that shoots a blue "superlaser") and trap them near a wall (run into them so they get between the things that points out on the front and they cant get out (fun:D )

• 5 months later...

My favorite way to kill jedi is to blast them into the sea at naboo theed cos you can do that cos whenyou go in the water you die so i tried it with jedi and it worked

once i had about 3 at sts firing on Luke in the dune sea map and when it got to 20 points luke just died

u know what's an easy way to kill a jedi? mines... drop a mine, then get them to run over it... instant kill... just ur guy's will probably die too, if they are near... i once killed 6 of my guys trying to kill a jedi w/ this... we were on the bespin platform, and the jedi was hanging out in the hallway, so i dropped a mine, my guys were clumped, and he ran onto it... :( kinda wasn't worth it... :D

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Aha hahaha! Those screenshots are hilarious. But I don't see why everyone is so surprised at someone killing a Jedi by conventional methods. I can kill Mace easily as a SBD just by using the rocket to blast him into the air, and then the tri-shot to kill him as he falls.

Funny as it is to whatch it's not near as funny as what my friend did on Geonosis(this honestly beats even Kurgan's stuff). He was on Geonosis and was losing so he decided to just kill Count Dooku for fun. So he got in a Geonosian fighter(the ships with the two huge spikes on them) and rammed into Dooku. He killed Dooku 33 times this way. One time he slowly flew up to Dooku, and gently nudged him fowards towards Windu to get them to fight. Since dooku was being pushed by a Geonosian fighter he couldn't fight, and Windu actualy chopped him half and killed him! Another time in the same round he tried gently nudging Dooku again, but this time into a cliff. Pinned there Dooku died once again. Another time in the same round, same ship he got some distance from Dooku, and sped towards him at the highest possible for a Geonosian fighter. WHAM! Direct hit! Dooku went flying and actualy flew across the feild.

Pure hilarium. I wished we had taken screenchots, but it was PS2.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's just that in SWBF1, without using mods, killing Jedi via convention means is impossible. They only die one of four ways:

1) Crush them with a vehicle (speeders, wheel droids, etc, even walkers can stomp on them but it's very hard to do since walkers are so slow compared to Jedi)

2) Blown off a platform into a pit.

3) Land on them with a ship.

4) Reinforcements fall below a certain level (any active Jedi on their side automatically die and never come back).

I don't know about the console versions. Perhaps you can kill them other ways in the console, but on the PC, that's that. Now in SWBF2, they run out with time and you can kill them with anything you want virtually, since they take damage like a normal unit (it reduces their "time bar").

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i was playing bespin platforms once and took the ARC. i just fired a rocket at a droideka and finished reloading it. when i turned, i noticed both Windu and Dooku standing next to the healing droid like idiots, they were ignoring everything and staring into the sky. i got pissed off and shot a rocket at the health droid. it blew up and both of them took a back-flip and flew off. the funny thing was, they both were swinging their sabers in the air at each other. suckas.

• 1 month later...
Well it's just that in SWBF1, without using mods, killing Jedi via convention means is impossible. They only die one of four ways:

1) Crush them with a vehicle (speeders, wheel droids, etc, even walkers can stomp on them but it's very hard to do since walkers are so slow compared to Jedi)

2) Blown off a platform into a pit.

3) Land on them with a ship.

4) Reinforcements fall below a certain level (any active Jedi on their side automatically die and never come back).

I don't know about the console versions. Perhaps you can kill them other ways in the console, but on the PC, that's that. Now in SWBF2, they run out with time and you can kill them with anything you want virtually, since they take damage like a normal unit (it reduces their "time bar").

5) killed by another Jedi.

If you get the two computer jedis to fight each other one of them will be killed eventually. Distract one of them to get him killed.

5) killed by another Jedi.

I've never seen that. Though I did kill Luke on Tatooine be making him follow me out of the border of the map. Eventually, he died from being off of the battlefield too long. Unfortunatly, I soon followed. I was in too deep. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived