Home

Dodge & Roll Somersault ?

Dashwood

I see AI bots "roll" out of the way all the time, but I can't figure out how to do it myself on the PS2. I've read the manual twice and there is no mention of a "roll" button.

However, page 3 of the Prima Strategy guide says "Rolling is a critical maneuver, allowing you to somersault laterally." It then goes on to explain how to use the maneuver to evade turret blasts.

The sample chapter I downloaded of the guide doesn't mention specific buttons to hit to accomplish the maneuver.

Has anyone else figured this out?

T.

You roll by holding the left analog stick to the right or left, and pressing jump at the same time.

You can only roll from side-to-side, not forwards or backwards.

They put in the roll because most MP shooting games become a jumping fest. Jumping will get you killed in SWBF. Rolling is the best evasion tactic.

Rolling is much faster than running, so you can cross the battlefield quickly by repeatedly rolling. The only problem is that you will not be able to see in the direction you are going.

I've found that rolling helps a little bit, but when you're in close combat with a good shooter online, rolling around like an idiot is only gonna keep you alive for about five seconds more so the shooter can finally get you in his crosshairs. If you want to make someone angry, though, rolling around is a good way to do it. Sometimes the shooter will just get too frustrated to want to shoot at you anymore. It's pretty funny actually.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
well on pc all you have to do is press alt and that will happen, you dont have to press a bunch of buttons at once.

I never knew that after all this time. So you press ALT while doing the roll maneuver? ex.....A or D (for the strafe) + SPACE (for the jump) + ALT? Or is it an entirely different combination?

• 1 month later...
well on pc all you have to do is press alt and that will happen, you dont have to press a bunch of buttons at once.

That's odd because I tried just pressing alt and it didn't do anything. I even changed the controls to default and it still didn't work.

How do you roll forward on the PC version anyway?

Archived