Home

SP Easy/Medium vs. Hard

chrishaolin

I have been without an internet connection for about a week now, so I've been playing SP only... Iwas playing Easy/Medium which is fun for a bit but becomes boring.

so is it me, or is HARD really annoying because not only are the AI bots on your side extremely useless, but the opp enemy bots are all extremely accurate and rush CPs with huge numbers.... ?

I had to switch to hard because on anything less my team can win no matter how badly I play. It doesn't matter how, but as long as the game has one mode that is always a challenge then it is much more enjoyable IMO.

Becasue of the bots great aim it makes you really have to play smart. You need to stay near cover and you can't let yourself get outnumbered. It can be frustrating, but it's the only way to play. It will make you way better as well.

Personally I think the AI is really good. We tend to only see their flaws, not the things they do well.

I have been playing on Medium. The challenge isn't the enemy, it's the fact that your team is made up of idiots, and victory is only via superior numbers.

So wait, you're telling me they make your team stupider on Hard?

The AI difficulty should apply to both teams. Smart teammates and smart enemies. That's how other FPS games do it...

There's a big gap between medium and hard? I started playing on Medium and I was doing really well, so I made it hard, and I've barely noticed a difference. The other team does well more often, but nothing else seems to be different.

The only time I'd ever describe the AI as "accurate" is when they're using the pistol. Seriously, they aren't a threat when they use any other gun. But when I see a rebel pilot put away his blast cannon and take out a pistol, I run for my friggin life. They simply DO NOT MISS. But I remember it being the same on medium.

Combat in SWBF is not hard for me.

Rather the difficulty comes in because of two things:

1) Unfamiliarity with how to win the map in question.

Once you know the proper "path" and where the vehicles spawn at, you can win.

2) The fact that your teammates suck.

Often they won't follow orders (or only obey after you bang the keys until your fingers are bloody nubs) or will just stand around firing at walls (literally). This means situations where you could lead a successful strike force now entail you going it alone, meaning you have to face multiple opponents, which is no problem if you're in a vehicle, but certain maps are really lacking in vehicles (other than the "traveling" type vehicles and so you're SOL). Even if a teammate follows you, you can't order them to "get down" or something, so they will simply draw the enemy to your position and get killed, forcing you to go it alone.

Since so many servers remove bots completely, online this isn't so bad. But it does defeat the entire purpose of having AI in the first place.

If the AI is so bad that people refuse to use it, that tells you something. Hopefully that will be patched. I like good AI!

Originally posted by JawaJoey

There's a big gap between medium and hard? I started playing on Medium and I was doing really well, so I made it hard, and I've barely noticed a difference. The other team does well more often, but nothing else seems to be different.

The only time I'd ever describe the AI as "accurate" is when they're using the pistol. Seriously, they aren't a threat when they use any other gun. But when I see a rebel pilot put away his blast cannon and take out a pistol, I run for my friggin life. They simply DO NOT MISS. But I remember it being the same on medium.

I know when their pistol is out it's like they become super terminator on you,I hate that.

• 4 weeks later...

there IS a great gap between easy and hard. I started playing on easy, but it was so easy that I started playing on medium. that worked well. I tried hard for about 4 days, and noticed that on easy; your teammates is better then your enemies, on medium; noone is better then the other one(except off me who played better then everyone), on HARD; my enemies are lots better then my teammates. I switched back to medium.

ps: internett on the computer swbf is installed on doesent work, so I have played singleplayer fo a while.

I play on Medium.

Why?

Because on Hard, you have to be the hero for your team and do three times the work than you should have to. It's not that I can't win on Hard, it's just that it's annoying that I have to be a hero when I'm just another soldier. It's not fun being on a team of incompetent morons for bots.

Originally posted by zudatron

Personally I think the AI is really good. We tend to only see their flaws, not the things they do well.

That's because the only thing they do well is kill you.:D

But hard is easy, a few minustes ago I won endor on hard 113-0 :D

The bots usually have a set course, like on Kasshyk Docks the at-sts usually go one up the middle, one up the right side, and teh other one up the left side. Bots don't see you unless you're infront of them or you shoot at them, which makes it reallistic because you can sneak past them, on BFV the second you came near a south vietnamese soldier he blew you away, so you usually cant get up close like on battlefront.

As long as you are consistently engaged in the battle you will win.:D

Note that improving their accuracy doesnt make them a better AI. It should be easy for them to make them hit you 100% when you show an inch of your playermodel.

True A.Intelligence comes from running around and "knowing" what to do in situations. it seems to me the bots are just a bit more accurate and thats why theyre deadly when you're up close to a few, but that doesnt make it a good AI.

I've only noticed a few differences

Eh? Im playing on hard and my team doesnt seem any dumber than the other, and Im using the latest patch.

The only real difference between normal and hard is that the bots are more accurate and dodge grenades better and sometimes seem to dodge your crosshair. And the heroes actually seem to be able to kill things on hard too.

Archived