Home

SP Easy/Medium vs. Hard

chrishaolin

Originally posted by EDJ

The AI on your team or stupid. But the other team are very skilled. But on easy your team is skilled and the other stupid.

That's why I like it on Medium; the skill is balanced evenly, which is how an ideal multiplayer game is.

i play on hard because i want to train to be the best i can, so that when I do get an MP team of morons who take time off to figure out that all of the jawas have fusioncutters, and that FF actually works, i *might* be able to pull off a victory. (and i have, before i started modding)

I play hard if I play offline. Fortunately there are always some clan members online to play with so I don't have to play against bots.

If the AI just knew how to defend a cp, then I could take over cps without walking up and down all the time to repair some damage my team couldn't prevent. The enemys might be very precise, but I don't actually have very much problems with (is it a console problem). This is because all the pilots, heavy weps, snipers and specials always take pistols when you get near, which are far less dangerous dan rockets, shotguns sniper rifles and grenade launchers.

As Alegis said, they can be very precise, but the aren't very smart. That's why i believe that playing against hard enemies is no training at all for multiplayer games (it wasn't in my case). They just stand on one place, which makes them easy targets.

Originally posted by TK-8252

But uh... what does FF mean? :xp:

It meens full force so everyone has force powers and can pull the others weapons away and be uber leet jedi skillz :p

I find the AI do know how to defend a CP though because when I try to take one everyone seems to spawn there :(

Originally posted by Syzerian

It meens full force so everyone has force powers and can pull the others weapons away and be uber leet jedi skillz :p

I find the AI do know how to defend a CP though because when I try to take one everyone seems to spawn there :(

Yeah I like playing FF go uber leet jediz!

Doesn't mean they can defend it, their spawning is just a coincidence. :p

FF is friendly fire...

I find the AI do know how to defend a CP though because when I try to take one everyone seems to spawn there

actually, the reason that they spawn there is one of the most interesting things about the AI in battlefront. AI have preset nodes that they travel to (like a track that they follow semi-intelligently) and the more team deaths that are occuring at one point brings up that points priority, and the AI will spawn closest and run there. So basically, the more of them you kill, the more of them will show up...useful in some cases, but incredibly stupid in others...

Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

actually, the reason that they spawn there is one of the most interesting things about the AI in battlefront. AI have preset nodes that they travel to (like a track that they follow semi-intelligently)

I would say semi-non-intelligent :D

Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

and the more team deaths that are occuring at one point brings up that points priority, and the AI will spawn closest and run there. So basically, the more of them you kill, the more of them will show up...useful in some cases, but incredibly stupid in others...

So if I want ai support, i just need to shoot some of my teammates? :D

Oddly, I find bots to be harder to take down then humans.

Perhaps it's just me, but after a while of playing online shooters, you can guess with pretty good precision how the average human player will react to different situations.

I can't do that with bots. They're emotionless. I can't scare them to death by rushing against them.

Back to SWBF AI. Hard is a pain, but it's fun. I have to kill so many enemies to compensate for my stupid bots. I made the test one day. I hid in a corner and left my bots to fight against the enemy. My team lost 10 guys before even a single one of them died. It was always 10-1.

I play on medium mostly and sometimes easy! I can't win on hard instant action with or without jedi heroes. I don't know if the computer sets the enemy ai to intelligent and ally ai to just plain stupid. I notice allies shooting walls, the ground, or driving their vehicle into a tree, wall, or rock while the enemy fires rockets or gun turrent fire at them. I win everytime in easy and medium. I also win if I set Jedi Hero to on in instant action in either case. Hard is too hard! I have to do everything in hard level! Pretty stupid ally players throwing thermal detonators at a gun standing next to me and I don't see it.

Eh? I have never had any of these occurances on hard but there was one time when an enemy demolitions guy shot straight down and blew himself up. Maybe its lagg that causes glitches in the bots.

The 2 teams actually have the same skill level it just depends on the map and random things like the majority class and such. Their equality is more noticable on Mos Eisley in the Galactic Civil War era.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Oddly, I find bots to be harder to take down then humans.

I had the opposite problem. I played a time versus bots first, and after that when I started online, It was as if I never played a computer game before.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Perhaps it's just me, but after a while of playing online shooters, you can guess with pretty good precision how the average human player will react to different situations.

I can't do that with bots.

[/b]

I know what you mean. If you're fighting a jetpack trooper, you 'know'' when he's going to shoot, so you make a roll. Bot jetpack troopers just grab their pistlol :D

Archived