Home

A message from LucasArts

[RNGD]Tyrant

The following message was posted today on the Lucas Boards

We would like to thank everyone for the various discussions that have been occurring on these boards. The team has spent a great deal of time reading and noting the various improvements and changes people have requested.

We are very committed to the on-going enhancements to Star Wars Battlefront on all three platforms. Over the past two weeks we've given each platform some quick improvements to deal with immediate needs. The team has also been working on many new enhancements and additions to the various platforms. Some of the things we are working on are: adding features to the in-game server browser, additional options for Hosts, a Linux version of the dedicated server software, resolving inconsistent results on the Leaderboards and many other improvements.

We also have some bigger things planned for the game that we hope to be able to speak about soon.

Thanks again for all the constructive feedback, please keep it coming.

The Star Wars Battlefront Team

I have been one of the chief critics of this game. You can see erupting on this board two fights the 'pc vs console' fight and the 'loveit v dissapointed' fight, but I would like to call a truce. Lets see what they come up with.

My main questions for LEC are:

RE: 'additional options for Hosts...Linux version of the dedicated server'

are these new tools tied to the update of the client game?

RE: new enhancements and additions to the various platforms

are changes going to be made 'cross platform' or can the PC version diverge from the console version?

...and of course: How long to wait?

Awesome news. Maybe once I'm playing CS:S, DoD:S, and Rome: Total War this game will finally evolve and give me something to enjoy in the downtime.

The wait? It'll be a while for anything significant, I think. This game probably won't be "finished" till Thanksgiving.

Eventhough I have been doing a lot of venting on here, I have also been very optimistic regarding a patch, etc. So this is good news.

I am appreciative to the fact that Lucas/pandemic are continuing to support this game and make attempts to fix the problems. This still doesn't excuse releasing a game as buggy as this one was before it was ready, but in the end as long as we get a working game, the game we were promised, I will be a happy camper.

My main gripe with the game is that you cannot set the number of tickets for a game. So when i play on a 50 man server the matches end almost as soon as they begin. So if i was one of the devs, i would make ticket options a must have for a big patch. I would want to be able to take the ticket count to at least 1000 Max so there wouldn't be any complaints and let's face it there were more than 200 troops at geonosis.

Secondary gripe is the map sizes in some levels in which you fly vehicles (i.e. Tatooine), just a bit more airspace and the level would be perfect, as well as on Kashyyk.

All in all this is a great game and i'm glad Luca$art$ has gotten around to giving us an update on what they're working on. It lets you know that they are committed to the game.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

All in all this is a great game and i'm glad Luca$art$ has gotten around to giving us an update on what they're working on.

Nice touch with the "$". Very clever! LOL!!!!!!:D

Some speculative analysis:

Some of the things we are working on are: adding features to the in-game server browser

Translation: functional numerical (hopefully) ping in the server browser.

additional options for Hosts

Translation : a kick command

We also have some bigger things planned for the game that we hope to be able to speak about soon.

Translation : purchaseable expansion pack.

Thoughts?

hopefully one of those new features they are talking about is A SPECTATOR MODE

6 months this Attack of the Noob project has been going on, I'm hopeful that they add this like BF:V just had added. Im also hoping that before they even consider making an expansion pack (if they are) that they work long and hard making the current game as stable as possible, since they are no longer under the DVD time limit.

Good to see you too Kurg. If you have xfire , look me up under 'Wilhuff.' Apparently 'Wilhuf' (with one f) is already taken :quesbrn:

We need to play some Battlefront!

In the meantime, my feeling is Battlefront is one of the best Star Wars games ever released. Pandemic did an excellent job, despite minor flaws that can be remedied.

I have to tell you it was pretty thrilling to storm the streets of Mos Eisley as part of the Imperial Detachment... pity those Jawas who get in the way.

To add to the rumor mill, someone on Gamespy Arcade told me that the next patch would be 'huge.' He alleges his source of information was a LucasArts employee. :jab1 In other words, his information is unvetted and speculative.

Just like old times!!

My main hope is that Pandemic can overcome the framerate in multi cap.

The "big thing" they can't talk about yet could be an expansion pack as someone suggested and I would probably buy one, but I'm hoping they're referring to modding tools. They'll extend the lifespan of the game much longer than an expansion will.

I don't think they're talking about exp packs just yet. I expect them to release a patch or 2 with new features first etc before they go so far. Expansion packs dont work grreat for games that are considered "incomplete".

*whip* faster Pandemic! Faster!

This is a good game, and I have fun playing it. My complaints are mostly niggling ones: the in-game browser, some balance issues.

Some other things are going to require some bigger fixes. Some maps just don't work with their current designs. That is going to take some major rethinking, but it is definitely salvagable.

Overall I am optimistic about the game. Something needs to be done at a good pace, however, while there are still people playing...I see a lot of empty servers out there.

[RNGD]Tyrant, can I ask you a question?

What in God's name made you so demented as to choose that butt ugly, disgusting, sickening Yoda thing as an avatar? I pose this question to all who have it and to those who drew it, and to those who looked at it, and did NOT immediately have the impulse gouge their eyes out with a red hot fork covered in boiling acid.

Honestly.

I can't even comprehend the notion of anyone not despising that picture with all their being.

Archived