Home

2d or not 2d

jtsword

what would you like monkey island to be in?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. what would you like monkey island to be in?

• 2D
    • 3D

Originally posted by Fealiks

It does'nt necaceraly mean it's cos it's 3d, maybe it's just cos MI5 in particullar plays up. cold be numerous things :rolleyes:

Of course that's easily fixable by going about 20 years into the future when MI5 may actually exist. I'll lend you my Delorian.

And jtsword, both those games had voice acting in them.

• 1 month later...

i need some help, if any of you own a copy of day of the tenticle, can you help me?!

Every time i try and load it up it always says

'warning: EMS only detects 2 megabytes'

And then stops!

What do i have to do to get it to work?

They pulled off 3D really well, but in my opinion they are trying to make the game bitter and better and more hi-tech when the whole beauty of adventure games is their simplicity. And there's nothing like the feeling of moving the mouse a bit slower and discovering an icon ud missed!! Plus everything looks cuter in 2D. And in my opinion u waste too much time just making the character walk in 3D. Listen to the voice of the masses Lucas!!!!! PS I couldn't figure out how to add my vote to the poll-DOH! PPS WHEN is MI5 coming?? Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to disagree with nearly everyone and vote 3d. Here's my reasons:

-Less realistic, not that monkey island is supposed to be but I personally like a game when it feels like you are the character, and this is more achievable in 3d

-Broken Sword 3- I loved this game more than the previous 2 broken swords and it pulled off 3d perfectly

-Reviews of the game would be low as the graphics score would pull then down

-Many people would be put off buying the game if it was 2d, hence low sales

-I don't think the 3dness was what spoiled MI4 as much as people think, it was just the lack of decent puzzles & jokes and a dull plot imo

It depends how they handle the 2d. If the in game graphics were of the same quality as these...

m1.jpg

mi2.jpg

... then I think the game could create quite a stir. Just imagine playing that. It would be beautiful.

Then if we get Gilbert and co. back to work out some great gameplay, we'd have a winner!

Originally posted by Alien426

As long as the puzzles are OK and the engine doesn't get in their way, I'd love a Monkey Island game with graphics like Beyond Good & Evil.

By the way, if you haven't played BG&E yet you're seriously missing out.

Playing for the 4th time now, despite that fact that I've not once completed the damn thing (I get to the end fight, but i can never work out how to hit that eye when it starts hovering above you and I just end up being hit or clicking the dogde button hundreds of times.

But yeah, that would be good, the cutscenes were something special considering it used the same engine.

Archived