Home

List of non-fps capped servers

eeyore

Can we generate a list of servers that have the FPS cap set above 30? I can find them occassionally, but it would be nice if people could post the names of servers here so people could print a list, at least until the browser patch comes out. Thanks!!

Just from the server list in All Seeing Eye, I've found the following. Haven't checked any of them since I've been hacking my map files and can't be bothered changing them back to go online just now. :D

Skwid'sTacoHouse-FPSsetto60 - 65.206.92.120:3658

RNGD.net_NoBots_HiFPS_FFoff - 69.31.6.105:3658

HOTHFOREVER(tps40) - 62.99.139.182:3658

Sadly, FPS/TPS isn't reported as a server variable by the server, so I can't verify any of these, nor can I locate servers that may have increased the TPS but haven't specified it in the server name. Hopefully this will be of some help though. :)

I use fraps to see the fps, but I was kind of hoping that players and server admins would post known uncapped servers here. Oh, and thanks for the one above.

so far we have:

as people add to this, just copy and paste the list to your reply, adding the servers you find/host to it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Kurgan

How do you set the FPS above 30? And how do you view it ingame (besides with Fraps)?

As far as I know, there is no in-game option to view the FPS.

General explanation: The TPS is set by the server, by default it's 20, and can be set higher with a command line switch I think (Don't remember exactly which switch). Talking about TPS (ticks er second) here is referring to the number of updates sent out by the server per second. In Battlefront, this is tied to your FPS (frames per second) which is the number of frames your graphics card sends to the screen per second; there is no logical reason I can think of for these to be linked together, and they aren't in any other multiplayer game I've ever played. The main thing to note is that the TPS is set by the server, there is no way for the client to override it.

~\\~[40fps][sNU]~\\~ - 66.193.14.29

Setting up a dedicated server was an act of god. 20 TPS is absolutely horrid. 40tps was the best compromise, affording decently smooth graphics and still being able to enter a vehicle.

The CPU is a bit starved, but I'm running the process in real-time. Please let me know if you get any lagging.

Archived