Home

Republic Vs. Empire? Droids Vs. Rebels?

Kurgan

I was wondering, with all this "mod hacking" going on... is it possible to switch factions that weren't possible before?

Ie: have the Empire vs. the Republic, or the CIS vs. the Rebels on any of the existing maps?

I realize it would be a little "funny" but possibly cool too.

Any info is appreciated....

Each map allows for 2 factions to be selected for each map, if you open hexeditor and open mission.lvl and search for the map you want to edit , for example , hoth since that is the map of editing choice due to its open areas, you would see a list of SIDE/all_ and imp listed, if you change these to rep_ or cis_ etc... you will get the exact faction hack you want. I should have some new maps variations in the next few days. Ive got hoth totally plotted so now its just moving things around, removing skybox and such until we have a totally new map. But as Ive said the map skybox, images and general shapes are hard coded into the 3d engine, whoever thought this was an EA/ BF1942 editable game is a silly rabbit!

They should work on more than droids. Try killing your teammates some time with 'em.. it works.

And IIRC the splash damage hurts you, so yes, it should.

Oh, and the Geonosians, they seem to be hurt by 'em.

The only thing is I don't know of those "sonic guns" (the Geonosian turrets) actually harm mechanicals...

I was able to spawn an atat in front of the generator and the rebels used it against the other atat on the imperial side.

The one things ive noticed that if a map doesnt include a _walk or _hover entity they cant spawn on that map (at least not the way were "byte editing" in hex). the hover items are speeder bikes from endor and those types. the walk_ are tauntaun , atat and atst types, so if a map calls those, we can add them if they are related to the factions being loaded on the map , as of yet no rep_ , cis_ or other vehicles will load on a map where imperial and rebel forces load. But this is something high on the mod list , rest assured.

• 11 years later...
Each map allows for 2 factions to be selected for each map, if you open hexeditor and open mission.lvl and search for the map you want to edit , for example , hoth since that is the map of editing choice due to its open areas, you would see a list of SIDE/all_ and imp listed, if you change these to rep_ or cis_ etc... you will get the exact faction hack you want. I should have some new maps variations in the next few days. Ive got hoth totally plotted so now its just moving things around, removing skybox and such until we have a totally new map. But as Ive said the map skybox, images and general shapes are hard coded into the 3d engine, whoever thought this was an EA/ BF1942 editable game is a silly rabbit!

Can I have a download link for Hexeditor?

Archived