Home

So why no Xbox and PC coms?

DMArnt

If I read this correctly, the PS2, Xbox and PC ver of SWBF are the same. If this is the case and since all 3 are now Net poss, why can't you be on a PC and play with someone using an Xbox or PS2? There are PC and Mac ver of the same game eg Starcraft, Warcraft etc, that you can network, and as I understand it, the Xbox is virtually a PC so .. I ask again in the same thread ..

Why??

It's not that simple. Also, people on PC play differently with their mouse and easy set of buttons than the PS2. PS2 cant chat for example, the differences etc are too big. Besides i'm not sure if this is even possible.

As for Mac and PC, thats something totally different than console and PC

It's simply a missed opportunity for them.

Microsoft owns windows anyway, so either way they've got you covered.

In the past the Quake3 Arena was made so that Dreamcast users on Sega.Net and PC players could play together.

And while everyone proclaimed that DC owners would have no chance because they had to play with gamepads, Sega released keyboards and mice for that console and so it helped many FPS ports on the system. Third party developers also released inexpensive adapters for use of pc keyboards and mice on the dreamcast. So it was all good.

Since then no multi-platform releases have really picked this up.

Then again, we've had Linux, Mac and PC players playing together for years. It's just something they don't seem to care about supporting, even though it's possible.

PS: While the dreamcast keyboard allowed you to chat as well as play in games, consoles nowadays are doing voice communication as a substitute. Then again, the PC has had voice communication for years, so again, a missed opportunity.

Hmm .. I'm yet to see a game port for mac which is only multiplayer mac to mac. Windows hand shaking to OSX is easier now that OSX has a UNIX back bone. Aspyr ported battlefield etc so who know's, maybe in 6 months to a year we might see a mac port of SWBF. Just in time for the sequal of the PC ver of SWBF to come out and everyones buzzing about it. Nice one game developers, burn the hardened mac users :mad:

Yeah, the mac version of KOTOR is just now on it's way while the sequel is pretty close to getting here for the consoles and pc.

Like I said, I KNOW Galactic Battlegrounds and Everquest are Mac vs. Mac only. But I'm not sure about some of the even newer ones like Battlefield, Halo and such. I can't afford to upgrade my mac anymore so I got an Xbox.

But hopefully SWBF will come to the Mac eventually!

Archived