Home

Anyone play as droids?

Mr Wolf

I have noticed that my clan members and the majority of players on our server never play as the Droids.

Personally I really dont like the soldier class of the droid army. I think it looks stupid. And that is the class I mostly play.

Though the Destroyer droids can be formidable if used well.

It could also be the fact that the Clone army are so damn cool.

Anyone else noticing this?

Yes. I notice that sometimes (not always like in bfv the m60...) 2/3 or higher will go clone. Droids got the droideka which isnt that powerful because of its weakness in moving, but the super battle droid is an ace class. Thats how an assault class should be, more HP, better firepower...

I think the droid class is more succesful, because

if you think "i want to just kill someone close combat/medium ranged" you go SBD

-while for other factions, most pick sniper/rockets/jet troopa

It's true the jet trooper is powerful, but his reloading times are slow. If you roll while he shoots, it affects you much less and you can shoot the slow-moing jet trooper (they move slowly in the air) easily with your blasters.

You just need to evade, and after that shoot.

But its great practice dealing with a majority. People shouldnt switch teams if they're on droid side, because thats ridiculous, just like the balancing system. (it shouldnt allow you to switch to other team if there are more/equal ppl there, thats a good system)

the point; CIS is a good faction, just needs practice. but it will be worth that in the end.

-you need practice evading/shooting with SBD

-you need practice with droideka, which is extremely weak if you don't really know what to do

If your clan only plays clones. What would happen then if once they HAVE to play droids?

I play as clones mostly but I do think the Droids have a lot of firepower to work with. Droidekas, for example, strike fear in me whenever I see one coming. If you can't kill that sucker before it pops the shield up, you might as well just stand still and let him gun you down quicker because you are gonna die one way or another. ;)

Yeah, I think we should practice with the droids more.

I am only now becoming aware of the Destroyer droids limitations.

They used to terrify me, but now I am becoming better at telling when they are recharging their guns, and know how to out maneuver them. With a squad they arent that difficult.

I must also admit that the SBD, dispite looking stupid imo, does seem to own me more often than I would like to admit, when being controlled by players.

I play the CIS everynow and then. But my favorite has to me the Empire. I don't think the rebels are very strong unless your the Regular Infantry. I like big armies...and the Clones and the Empire have the biggest. :p Well of course their the same. But anyway i play the Droids when i feel like losing or when I play a non-playerselect and i have to.

p.s. I think its just im not good with them...

Yeah, the droids can be fun to use, even if the Republic has cooler vehicles.

The Super Battle Droids are a nice trooper to use, to say nothing of the fun to be had with Destroyers. The other types feel just like the humans in the rest of the game just with a different model/sounds.

Strangely I always played as light side in Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy.

I couldn't bring myself to go to the Dark side.

But in battlefront I always play Empire when I have the choice.

I often find myself shouting "Die Rebel scum!"

Can be funny when you forget Teamspeak is on voice activated. ;)

I'd have no problem playing a droid or a rebel - whatever I am when I join the game, I stay.

No offense intended to anyone, but changing sides to be the side you enjoy MORE all the time is silly. Join the game and I'm guessing BF puts you on the team that needs more players - stay there. The team obviously needs you.

Originally posted by Jet Black

I'd have no problem playing a droid or a rebel - whatever I am when I join the game, I stay.

No offense intended to anyone, but changing sides to be the side you enjoy MORE all the time is silly. Join the game and I'm guessing BF puts you on the team that needs more players - stay there. The team obviously needs you.

Not to mention it will make yo a more rounded player as well!

I like playing as droids. I think the Super Battle Droid is one of the best units in the game. It's gun shoots super rapid, and grenade laucher is great for when you need a quick kill. It's main problem is that there isn't a back-up to the main gun or the grenade laucher.

The droids aren't nearly as agile or acurate as the Clones. But that's the way it should be. They are an army of Jango Fetts, y'know!

I never play as Droids, if I can help it. I like the Clones and Empire. Their units seem more accurate and prone to my guns-blazing strategy. I'm at a loss to find many differences between the two classes but that's prolly cause I haven't played Droids all that much yet.

The Tri shot, with it's multiple simulataneous shots, can sometimes be prefrable to the regular gun in some situations, unlike more of the normal pistols.

I love the CIS. Whenever I play Clone era, I'm droids more often than clones. And the SBD is one of my favorite units in the game. The rockets are useful too. They're somewhat helpful against vehicles, but they're really nice against turrets. But it really bothers me how the rocket has absolutely no splash damage.

A woman with no voice it seems.

No matter how good the SBD may be, I still think he looks like a dork.

Especially compared to the coolness of the clones.

My clan are at a stage where we need to train together, so we always pick the same side.

And that is nearly always clones, in the CW maps.

Although I realise we will have to train as other armies eventually. (unfortunately) :p

BTW (Damn you Alegis, now i cant get the "loves the chocolate" song out of my head!!!) Arghhh.

CIS 4-evah!

I never play anything else anymore.

I'm happy that 2/3 of the people become clones. I'm playing this game for the challenge of killing human players. If 2/3 of the people are happy fighting mostly AI, whatever...

I think the SBD is best troop class in the entire game. I only switch to the rocket droid when some clone decides to sit on a CP with a tank.

Archived