What is your favorite Ugly  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Ugly

• tie fuselage+x-wing s-foils
    • tie fuselage+ywing engine nacelles
    • x-wing fuselage+tie solar panels
    • x-wing fuselage+three equally spaced solar panels around it
    • other

have seen many mentions of uglies around, and decided to see what people liked, or whatever people do with uglies(for those who don't know, an ugly is a ship derived from parts of other ships, usually by those who can't get ahold of whole, working ships)

i know i didn't list many choics, but listed ones i thought worthy(i guess) if you want to put you own, simply write that in your post(sorry, but i forgot an "other" option)

moderators: can you throw one in?

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

plus its good targeting practice!

if you can hit an unmanned escape pod, you can hit anything

its true, how do you think they got the original death star SL aligned correctly?

ooh, they should have duct taped interceptors all around the death star... have them all fire at once, this orb of laserfire

ok RC, we get it. you like Interceptors, let it go. They didn't have Interceptors at the time, btw.

Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

so it was that one commander who didn't order the gunner to blow the pod(why he didn't, i don't know) that was the end of the empire

its not that he didn't order the gunner to blow the pod, its that he ordered the gunner to NOT blow the pod!

ok RC, we get it. you like Interceptors, let it go. They didn't have Interceptors at the time, btw.

its not that he didn't order the gunner to blow the pod, its that he ordered the gunner to NOT blow the pod!

true, and there is a differende, if he hadn't ordered anything, it would be the gunners fault, etc. And the interceptor comment was for DS2, although, IMO, The TF could have been a lot better, for example, they could have strapped on Y-Wing engine nacelles...

Seriously though, i think the x-wing with solar arrays would be a good design, i mean, the solar arrays could power the lasers, which would give the x-wing more power to put into the engines... hmm, why didn't it work out that way?

maybe the fact that the fact that the guns are on a TIE-Fighter fuselage and on an X-Wing they are on the wings? I don't remember where they are on that though.

At what? The limited forward viewport? On a TIE fighter, the solar panels block left and right sides, only allowing forward view. In the TIE interceptor, the solar panels have the gap in the middle, but there is still only a forward viewport. I think all the TIEs only have a forward viewport. No side views. Maybe the Empire addressed the issue with the TIE Defender.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

this just shows the inconsistancies in the EU. :p

The authors should share works and ideas more often me thinks...

It is not the responsibility of the authors to check for continuity, LFL has its own people in charge of checking for these things. In the early days when they first decided that EU should be continuous, they had very primitave means of patrolling this. However, nowadays they have had time to work it out, and keep these things to a minimum. For more info, look at the interview at the end of The Unifying Force, it has all kinds of stuff about this.

Archived