Home

Kick Whoring?

00M-187

The kicks you can do with the Saberstaff and Melee (with g_debugmelee 1 cvar set) are just side kicks that can knock you back and sometimes down with 2 hp damage at most.

The old style JK2 flip kicks (which knocked you down and did 20 hp damage and required level 2 force jump to perform and saber selected) are not in JA.

Actually they are usable in JA SP if you use the g_debugmelee 1 cvar, but otherwise nope, you'll have to play JK2 or use one of the many mods that add them to the game (to varying degrees, some use the old doubletap jump method at close range even).

If you see flip kicks being used in JA MP, you're using a mod.

Originally posted by Nokill

JP_allowkick or something and then set it to 1

its auto off :D

and its in most mods

only i like the jk2 kick more then the jka

So which is it g_debugmelee 1 cvar set or JP_allowkick

Does anyone have the exact syntax needed to enable this?

Xmod didn't bring flip kick to JA because flip kik are already in the code of JA

technically i didn't copy it ...

technically hex copied me because his version of flip kik was altering wall run at the first version...and after he improved his version to be like mine

mine were not alteraing wall run at the first version

Actually, both xmod2 and JA+ flipkicks altered wall-climbing. Hex responded to complaints from the CTF community and fixed it in xmod2. It had nothing to do with Hex "copying" you.

But when it comes to copying ideas from other mods, I guess you know more about that than anyone else :rolleyes:

The CTF community hates wallclimbing under JA+ Mod

http://www.firetrill.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1899

When it was brought to your attention,

http://www.firetrill.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1909

you shrugged your shoulders, said there was no problem, and did nothing.

What's the point in wallclimbing with JA+ anyway, since everyone on JA+ servers is flying around with jetpacks and using grappling hooks :rolleyes:

Let's not start a flaming match here (everybody relax in advance, thanks!), all I said was that Flip Kicks are not available in JA MP, except through the use of mods.

There is nothing untrue in that statement.

If you want to argue that flip kicks are in the code and can be "turned back on" with code mods, fine,but that's different than saying it's still in the game. It's not as simple as enabling a cvar. Just wanted to clear that up if my statements were ambigous...

Xmod has the flipkick and wall climbing. Both work perfectly. Xmod was MADE for the competitive community, not casual players. Most casual players hate flip kicks and anything else that adds any complexity to the game.

JA+ simply nubbed up the casual JA playing community one server at a time with its grappling hook, jetpack and default 0 force regen rate.

Not intended as a flame, just telling the truth.

Originally posted by griff38

I put my JA up on Ebay after I realized kicks had been nerfed.

I still go back and play JKO just so I can be a kik whore.

actually iam a kik pimp.

JKO Kick movie

Nerfed? You mean "not in the game"? ; )

Wondered what happened to ya... heh

Well not to worry, people still play JK2, so there's still a world for you to play in!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kurgan

Nerfed? You mean "not in the game"? ; )

Wondered what happened to ya... heh

Well not to worry, people still play JK2, so there's still a world for you to play in!

Who plays JK2? I can't find a server anywhere.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

ust checked: right now, a Monday afternoon, hardly peak hours, 367 servers, 782 players (humans and bots).

How would you compare the honour players/fragging players ratio for the two games? I've been thinking of installing JO again (to go through SP again at least), and I've been wondering if JO has less of the honour stuff these days...

Slider, you ruined the game with your newb mod and newb settings. All of the oldschool elites hate you and make fun of you. Have fun as the king of the newbies. I don't care about the "Don't turn this into a flame" comments. Slider basically ruined this game for tons of players, including me...(I can't even find an FFA server without his newb mod and tons of clueless newbies using grapple hooks and jetpacks and 0 force regen).

If you want flip kicking and JK2 style full force dueling there is only one real option. X-Mod.

Originally posted by Slider744

Xmod didn't bring flip kick to JA because flip kik are already in the code of JA

technically i didn't copy it ...

technically hex copied me because his version of flip kik was altering wall run at the first version...and after he improved his version to be like mine

mine were not alteraing wall run at the first version

/me is listening to Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River

please_complain_here.jpg

Archived