Home

Anyone else losing patience?

Iceman_IX

Curious if anyone has the same disposition as me... it's tough to find a server. Tough to stay on a server. Gameplay is fun but has its frustrating moments (aimed right at a newb standing still with my Vangaurd launcher, shoot, two rockets go around him!). Singleplayer isn't challenging and not near as fun as multiplayer.

Servers aren't staying up because admins can't kick/moderate/join their own servers. ASE and XFire make it easier to find a server but there are so few servers to choose from because they nerfed the server browser. Framerate cap, other inconveniences just detract from the whole experience. I understand the requirement for a long wait for a major patch, but I'm having trouble playing this game in the interim. I spend as much time looking for a server as I do playing in a round.

I dont have much problems with it. A friend of my has a server which has ace ping and servers fill up very quickly in swbf. I'll convince him to increase cap to 40 as well.

Yeah best thing is to have a few favs or sort em by ping in ASE and join the one with most players then from the top. I always stay in the game and mostly dont have much problems with noobs. I only faced one TKer so far

What i hate most is to have noobs on my team, I can't stand that. When they shoot other mates, or take a tie and crash a sec later etc. Granted, one may need experience before you play; but one has SP. You never go in an AT-AT in MP if you dont know what to do with it! For me, thats as bad as TKing. (once some guy was "walking back" with the at at so he thought he could shoot a speeder easily. Sometimes i see AT-ATs all turned around etc, or just towed at the start of the game)

I want a good voting system.

I'm doing rather okey considering the waiting for anotehr patch. After already have released 2 (minor) patches LA has earned my trust that they are busy with other patches. If we want a big patch fixing a lot of things, granted it'll take longer than the other 2 patches. If they must take longer for a better patch, so be it. As long as they make the waiting worth while.

It does bother me when it takes 10 minutes to find a good server. Then join game with the losing side having like 20 points left. Then game ends, screen freezes on most servers and I have to restart a search for a new server.

BUT..when I do get ingame I forget about the server search and have unbelievable fun killing.

On note about the noobs and their kills:

Initially games were ending soo fast it was unreal. Now with players having a few weeks experience. Getting to know the levels and what each troop can do. I can now say games do last longer and are more challenging. The TK Noobs have to elarn somehow. But to the ones that just have fun killing their own team mates...GROW UP!

I thought that I would be playing this game and never looking back but now I am looking around. I play mainly for MP experience. I cant get a very good MP experiece. The communication is not there, they need to take out radar, its worthless. I am back to BF42, BFV mainly. I am sure a patch will come out soon to make this game an ultimate online experience, hopefully before HL2 comes out.

No dissappointment here... I'm enjoying every minute in this game. I moved the "ticks" up to 30 and really don't notice any real lag while online - seems smooth enough.

I've been using ASE to find servers, and while I agree that there aren't as many as I'd like to see, I've never had trouble getting onto one. Lots are full, but ASE lets me join when a spot opens.

I'd like to see some nVidia servers up there. I mean, their logo is right in the startup, you'd think they'd put up four or five high-end dedicated servers 24/7 like they did for Battlefield. I also don't think I've seen any "Lucasarts" servers, though that might just be because I sort my servers by number of players in ASE and they may be empty :(

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

Curious if anyone has the same disposition as me... it's tough to find a server. Tough to stay on a server. Gameplay is fun but has its frustrating moments (aimed right at a newb standing still with my Vangaurd launcher, shoot, two rockets go around him!). Singleplayer isn't challenging and not near as fun as multiplayer.

Servers aren't staying up because admins can't kick/moderate/join their own servers. ASE and XFire make it easier to find a server but there are so few servers to choose from because they nerfed the server browser. Framerate cap, other inconveniences just detract from the whole experience. I understand the requirement for a long wait for a major patch, but I'm having trouble playing this game in the interim. I spend as much time looking for a server as I do playing in a round.

Of course we are, but hey, I'm from the Jedi Academy community. We had to wait a month to get a working in-game browser and some fixes for exploits. And before that in Jedi Outcast we had to wait 3 months for a patch, then everyone complained because it changed gameplay, so we had to wait another month before that was "fixed."

So yeah many of us are impatient, but we've had worse....

As to the servers thing, well it's a double-edged sword.

On the one hand most people can't afford good servers, so they need to use commecially hosted servers (through companies that do that for cash), but a game doesn't attract good hosting companies to offer it if its buggy and unpopular online. So until the game is stable enough for people to consider investing in it, there won't be many good places to host it, and therefore there won't be many good servers.

So patches need to come... give it a month, if they're smart they'll fix those issues as soon as possible and the rest will follow.

[Edit: Dang typo's!]

I've just stopped trying to play MP since last Saturday. The current patches are inadequate. I am just going to wait for the big patch before I try again. I am betting Tomorrow Friday Oct 15 they will provide either an anouncement and/or another patch. Hopefully a significant patch this time around.

In the meantime I have other game titles keeping me busy until then.

richcz3

Originally posted by Kurgan

Of course we are, but hey, I'm from the Jedi Academy community. We had to wait a month to get a working in-game browser and some fixes for exploits. And before that in Jedi Outcast we had to wait 3 months for a patch, then everyone complained because it changed gameplay, so we had to wait another month before that was "fixed."

So yeah many of us are impatient, but we've had worse....

You can say that again... I won't go into details, but I'd say this launch is about average for multiplayer FPS games. Not the best, but definitely not the worst.

I play very little now. I'm just waiting patiently for the patch. In the mean time I don't dare uninstall the game. It took me three tries to get the game to install to begin with (a not so uncommon problem from what I have read here on the forums)! I'm afriad if I uninstall the game in order to free up some space, I might never be able to get the damn thing installed again!

The only issue experienced on my server by players is that its hard to get into the vehicles and bots flashin in and out. tps is set to 30.

After the patch things improved for me on the client side. And my server has been continuously up since the patch with out any crashes.

Also i able to get connected through all third party browsers ( Not ASE dont have it) and i dont loose connection any more and neither have any of my ususally players.

Please feel free to try it out, and let me know if you have any problems.

Originally posted by [iLB]Pebbles

The only issue experienced on my server by players is that its hard to get into the vehicles and bots flashin in and out. tps is set to 30.

After the patch things improved for me on the client side. And my server has been continuously up since the patch with out any crashes.

Also i able to get connected through all third party browsers ( Not ASE dont have it) and i dont loose connection any more and neither have any of my ususally players.

Please feel free to try it out, and let me know if you have any problems.

I finally had a chance to play for a long period of time last night, and didn't lose connection at all over a 1 hour plus period.

Really the only network concern I have is the laggy turrets... It's really tough to aim while turreting in a moving vehicle. Otherwise everything is very smooth for me.

Originally posted by LoQ

I play very little now. I'm just waiting patiently for the patch. In the mean time I don't dare uninstall the game. It took me three tries to get the game to install to begin with (a not so uncommon problem from what I have read here on the forums)! I'm afriad if I uninstall the game in order to free up some space, I might never be able to get the damn thing installed again!

lol. i hear you on the uninstall thing.. it will never be uninstalled on my machine either

Originally posted by Whoopknacker

The communication is not there, they need to take out radar, its worthless.

I agree completely about the communication but i dont have a problem with the radar at all... if i see a teammate is engaging an enemy, i love to come around to flank...

What i lose patience with:

1. Since the patch i still have problems with servers im on crashing. I played for an hour last night and had a server fall out 3 times. I remember one was 'strikeservers.com', i think the other was a 'GZA' clan and maybe 'superhero'.

2. There is no way to humbly say this, but its the truth... the caliber of players. Its not fun to win all the time.

I thought about this, and i think MAYBE the deal is somewhat with the 3 system game. My suspicion is that PC people have much greater control & accuracy than someone using a console gamecontroller does. It just seems like there is a big gap, like 80% of the people always seem to score really low but all about equally low, and the other 20% will score high but all in the same ballpark.

Archived