Home

Anyone else losing patience?

Iceman_IX

I like the radar, it's great for seeing someone in brush or seeing where all the conflict is.

What's your server's name, Pebbles? I'm always looking for good servers with people on them. Superhero, strikeservers and DMB tend to be my favorite, though they rarely have people on them.

I totally agree with beard's comment about the caliber of players. People on this game aren't really good but that adds to the fun of it all. It's gameplay for everybody. Unlike other FPS, the more bodies the better. Even newbs contribute to the cause, as long as they keep moving and stay out of my crosshairs (hard on Bespin :D )

If they can fix the server browser and server connectivity in the next patch, this game will be improved 100%

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

...I totally agree with beard's comment about the caliber of players. People on this game aren't really good but that adds to the fun of it all. It's gameplay for everybody. Unlike other FPS, the more bodies the better. Even newbs contribute to the cause, as long as they keep moving and stay out of my crosshairs (hard on Bespin :D )

I'm definitely not the best at this game, but even when I'm doing horribly the one thing that I like about SW:BF is when I die, I know why I died... Sometimes in 1942 and especially in BF:Vietnam, you'd die and really have no idea wtf happened - that can be extremely frustrating.

In SW:BF, I've enjoyed every minute, even games where I end up being cannon fodder, because I know who shot me, how, and can say "Wow, nice shooting" and not "WTF was that?"

Originally posted by Drazek

one thing I want... a filter ! especially to leave out empty or full games on the list then maybe search a particular map or OT/NT selection.

You can do that now with All Seeing Eye. Although I'm not sure if it can detect bots or not yet, it can definitly filter out Empty and Full servers.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Waiting after DICE to release decent patches has really made me patient. Seriously.

That's about the way I am looking at it. I don't have BF:Vietnam but I know they've been taking quite some time between patches. BF:1942 was the same way or worse.

I played SP for the first time since last week. I still hold to the fact that this is a very impressive title that I consider a work in progress. That's why I keep it on my hard drive. They have already announced they are working hard on a patch and tools release.

I am going to remain patient and look forward to the tools.

richcz3

My sugestion to make it bearable untill they release that patch which is freaking NEEDED! Is get some friends and/or join a clan.

Why? Because then you can meet up in a chat server and join an empty and trusted server and it will fill up. Find some favorite servers that ping well for you and are reliable and then jot down there names on a piece of paper or something. Then evenn if they are empty have your clanmates join them and other people will to. They just didn't want to play alone....

Back

Originally posted by knunchucksammy

Find some favorite servers that ping well for you and are reliable and then jot down there names on a piece of paper or something. Then evenn if they are empty have your clanmates join them and other people will to. They just didn't want to play alone....

Back

x-fire will add any servers that you join to your server list, which is a great feature so you dont have to write anything down..

Originally posted by Capt. Kain

It does bother me when it takes 10 minutes to find a good server. Then join game with the losing side having like 20 points left. Then game ends, screen freezes on most servers and I have to restart a search for a new server.

BUT..when I do get ingame I forget about the server search and have unbelievable fun killing.

This is my only issue with the game. Other than that I absolutely love this game. For me there is nothing so broken that I can not wait until a patch.

I just upgraded to a 5900 Ultra, and the graphics are smooth with 50 people on Naboo or Endor. Sure I could use more FPS, but as I said nothing is so far gone that I'm not slack jawed with enjoyment.

Archived