Home

What Do You Think Of Battlefront?

kookaburra

Hi there,

I got battlefront a few days ago and i think its a cool game. its just great how you can get into theses cool ships and take a AT AT down and fly a x-wing....i played the game all night when i first got it and i am still playing it....what do you think of battlefront?

SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!!

oh yer and SWEET!!!

i luv it to death! champion! i dont know what those guys were smoking when they said that crap bout it being full of glitches and bugs!

PS. SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!! SWEET!!!

Keep in mind I am speaking of the PC version only:

It's a good game. It has its flaws, but over all I am glad I bought it. Like most games it seems these days, SW:BF was probably pushed onto the shelves too early. Probably to go along with the DVD Trilogy release. I heard the same thing happened to BF:1942 when it first came out, bug after bug. I don't know how it works for the consoles, but imagine trying to make a game compatible with every type of PC configuration out there.

Some notable things:

- The server select screen is borderline useless, filters would help a great deal here. And actual ping numbers.

- Like someone posted earlier, the game is one big frag fest. Not that that is a bad thing, it just gets old quick.

- The single player cut scenes were a huge disappointment. I can remember playing games like Diablo and Starcraft just to see the cut scenes as the story progressed. With all the artistic talent I know is there, to see DVD scenes pasted in was a let down.

Hopefully the changes they spoke of in the last patch message will fix a lot of the bugs as well as make the game more enjoyable.

I agree for a big part with TK209, accept for this one:

Originally posted by TK209

- Like someone posted earlier, the game is one big frag fest. Not that that is a bad thing, it just gets old quick.

Personally, I like this faster paced action. Just a preference, nothing much to explain there. But also, I don't think this is going to change. I feel this is the game as it was meant.

all in all a bit vague post. An opinion but no arguments, I know. Can't seem to think clear ATM :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LoQ

PC version needs patching badly. But once all of the problems are taken care of, it has the potential of being one a the great SW games.

YES!!!!! Poential is the main thing!

It is awsum also becos of the intense fire fights! when the screen shakes as rockets whizz overhead and laser blasts explode right in front of u!!! i found myself yelling Holy Truck!!! about 50 times when that happened!!!!!!!!!

..... slightly dissapointed

don't get me wrong, I like fast paced action, but when it always becomes the same "snap button down and then run left, right, left, right untill either you or the opponent is dead" then it starts to become a bit old. This game is really missing the depth. Ok so you play the game for few weeks and then you are already a master in it, then what? It seems that the lack of mastering new things is what brings this game down. It's good that everything is simple at start, but there should be some things only the veterans can handle, and for now there is none

SWBF is a game with great potential. Remove the fps cap and make tickets and bots configurable and this game will really shine against the old Battlefield games.

With the fps cap in place and the ticket and bots not configurable like it is now, the game is boring to me.

So it's waiting for the patch for me...

I was severely underwhelmed by Battlefront. It's just not that enjoyable for me. The gameplay is very simple and repetetive, vehicles are pretty cool, but driving them I typically don't really feel like I'm completely immersed in the universe.

I think some of this is because I'm on the Xbox and there's no way to quick swap from 3rd person to 1st person. I think driving vehicles would have more scope in 1st person, you'd get a better sense of SIZE.

Overall, I was vastly disappointed, and gave away my copy.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I was severely underwhelmed by Battlefront. It's just not that enjoyable for me. The gameplay is very simple and repetetive, vehicles are pretty cool, but driving them I typically don't really feel like I'm completely immersed in the universe.

I think some of this is because I'm on the Xbox and there's no way to quick swap from 3rd person to 1st person. I think driving vehicles would have more scope in 1st person, you'd get a better sense of SIZE.

Overall, I was vastly disappointed, and gave away my copy.

That just slaughtered the topic :rolleyes:

I've only played it once and I love it. It was for X-Box and I'm gonna get mine for PC soon

I can only speak of the PC version, but, basically I think it's an okay game (unique for the Star Wars genre at least), which needs a lot more patching before I could call it great.

I think the game suffered from being rushed to coincide with the Star Wars DVD boxset, it has too much of a "console friendly" (pc version dumbed down, a direct console port) feel to it, and lacks many of the features that PC FPS players are accustomed to.

With some patches and possibly a commercial expansion with improvements, it could really be a great game.

For now it's fun, albeit frustrating at times.

Specifically my complaints are the poor AI, the lack of rcon support (basic admining functions like in most online pc games), buggy online play, the "FPS cap" (choppier gameplay than we're used to, even on good computers), and some camera issues (the vehicles are somewhat quirky to get used to, say compared to even the basic vehicle support in Jedi Academy).

The game has a lot of atmosphere. I breezed through the SP campaign (except for one or two missions which were difficult because of the crappy AI) and messed around a bit with the MP, but I'm waiting on the next patch.

Battlefront isn't a bad game, but being a frequent PC FPS player, I just expected more out of this game. It lacks a lot of the basic features games like Jedi Academy have (and I don't mean playable Jedi, I mean stuff like spectating, Rcon, more customizable server options, a console, etc).

And yes, this question has been asked many times before, and this is a basic summary of all my rantings and ravings in other threads. ; )

What can i say that has not already been said. This game is the shizznite!! im an admin in a general gaming clan that plays 5 different games one of the battlefront. I used to only play americas army, but that game is crap compaired to battlefront. (PC only) their are 16 members in my clan and if i had the money i'd buy them all copys and mail them out so they can all experence the countless hours of joy my inner star wars nerd has felt.:D

I'm slightly disappointed by the game. There is absolutely no depth in the single player which is what i really like in a game and the game play i dont think is very good, and the mp so far sucks. If there isn't a patch out by november 9th that makes me enjoy it, the game will be sitting in its case rotting while i play some halo 2 (obviously i have xbox version).

My biggest peeve from this game is the small maps. They do well to concentrate the battles into an small area, but it doesn't leave you with much flexability to run those special strategic missions like in Battlefield 1942 or Desert Combat.

For certain maps, they are fine as they are, but other maps need to be larger. Otherwise, the gunships can't really be used to its full potential. Not to mention, the gunships themselves have only 1 slot to carry troops, the rest are gunnery slots. Works the same, but the gunship leaves without being able to defend itself effectively.

So for me, bigger maps. Increase travel time on certain maps. Give the pilots more purpose.

Lots of opinions on the game on this thread...Everyone seems to enjoy it and with almost every game there are bugs and things that people want to see added. As for me I want to see more missions added to the HC and more maps for GC. I'm sure an expansion pack will come out sometime...

Originally posted by vcdstroyr

Lots of opinions on the game on this thread...Everyone seems to enjoy it and with almost every game there are bugs and things that people want to see added. As for me I want to see more missions added to the HC and more maps for GC. I'm sure an expansion pack will come out sometime...

For Battlefield and UT2004, the Devs are releasing maps and vehicles for free.

Archived