Home

Now this is a robbery!

VampireNaomi

I usually buy my games at a huge Finnish store called Veljekset Keskinen. They have a nice collection and reasonable prices.

Okay, I went there today to buy Grim Fandango for Chistmas for my Brazilian friend because she can't find the game in her country.

For almost a year now GF has been on the "cheap games" shelf with the very low price of 14,95€.

But what did I see when I entered the store? Was GF still among the cheap games that everyone can afford?

No! It has been moved to the "succesful games" section right next to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City with a new higher price to meet the word "succesful"!

I still bought the game, but complained loudly about the price to my brother while we paid. :mad:

Just what was GF doing on that shelf anyway? :confused:

The new price was 21,90€ so I didn't lose much. Actually I didn't lose a thing since my parents took pity on me and paid the extra part. They always do that because they think they are paying more attention to my younger siblings. :D

I can't bring myself to hate the store (though I'd like to) since they had mysteriously got a new stock of Monkey Island games, and have more adventure games on the "succesful" shelf than any other store I've visited.

I didn't ask about the price because... I don't know. I am a very adjustable person and rarely take action. I just shrug and go on.

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

I didn't ask about the price because... I don't know. I am a very adjustable person and rarely take action. I just shrug and go on.

I never would do that. I would take action, go kinda crazy ^_^

Nah Iam a peacemaker ^^ So you re lucky now, good time are comin for you brazil friend ;)

I can't wait to hear her opinion about it. If she loves it (I think she will) she will join these forums (I'll make her if she doesn't do it on her own) and perhaps write fanfiction as well. That's how we got to know each other.

You would have taken action, eh? ;) I wish I was like that. I always lose because I just don't care enough to correct wrongs.

By the way, if you're still interested in seeing my scetch of living Olivia... *points at the link below*

Yay , I like the shapy style, it fits Olivia for sure! I dont know what you mean, it is realy nice.

Ichecked today and the last update was 9th october so I am kinda suprised ;)

hehe she looks nice ...but I couldt love such a bad woman ^_^

Good work Soldier ;)

Arthur

Wow, under GTA, that's nice:D .

Maybe it's just like what they say about paintors, once they die, their paintings are sold at higher prices, now that GF went out of business, people have heard stories about how good it was so...

At least they sell the game, I bought GF on 1999, because I had read an article which praised it, so I bought it, but I haven't seen it since the year 2001 on stores.:(

That store has lots of adventure games, but they are usually pretty expensive. Yesterday I spotted Grim Fandango, The Dig, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Black Mirror, Escape From Monkey Island, The Curse of Monkey Island, Beyond Good & Evil and I'm sure Broken Sword 3 was also lurking there somewhere.

Maybe more people will buy GF now. They originally come to get GTA, but when they glance left they see a strange, original looking game...

Wow, stores on my country only have the latest games, those games you mentioned wouldn't arrive here any more.

GTA is not that bad a game, it has a lot of mature content though, but I like to play it once in a while and take a ride through Miami, but of course GTA is nothing compared to GF, and it is not that original. I feel sorry for the people who either didn't like or haven't played GF, it is a perfect game, what's the big deal about its interface, I found no problem with it.;)

(I think GTA is too violent, I mean I like some violent games (GR & Mafia) but still they are not that violent.)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think GTA is used as stereotypical game, and if it is then it's because it started as a game with bad graphics and a simple story, and it developed into beign what it is today. But I think there are so many good games out there that GTA is not worth it...

Archived