Home

Star Wars

Wraith 8

Ok i think this is going to be a long story so bare with me.

The Star Wars feeling:

Today. 14-10-2004 got my birthday gift from my parents. because they will go on vacation to Eqypt they wont be on my Birthday itself on 18-10-2004.

My gift is the amazing box DVD set of the Star Wars trilogy.

i was amazingly glad i got it. cause i love star wars.

and the first thing i do is open the extra's. i see a couple of the old TV commercials about the first star wars film. wich make me laugh the way they brought it :)

I then turn to the largest documentarry i ever seen about how star wars was created. it took me laughing... a lump in my throat... and a goosebump feeling how everything turned out.

how such a low budget. no famous actors. no famous director. and a completely bogus storyline for that age.... turns into such an epic movie about good and evil.

after that i turn to Episode IV A new hope. seeing the spectacular suns rizing with jhon williams music .... seeing the desperation of luke. then you see this weird old dude.... and you emediatly think of the coolest, wisest, nicest teacher you ever had. (in my case a teacher who looked more like chewbacca because he had very hairy face :)) then the smuggler who in the documentarry they say.. a person we ALL like to be but just arent.

and a princes.... and here most guys skip to the cool parts again :p

seeing it.... hearing the comentarry.. i only have 1 wish... to live it.... be there.... look at the sky and hear the music from john williams.. walking around in the universe George Lucas created.

and i dont care about speederbike warping.... i dont care about how strong another profession is ..... i dont care about patch release dates... i dont care about countless jedi....

at such moments all i care about is BEING THERE!!! and i think star wars galaxies did that very good....... its the only game that makes me LIVE the saga.... NONE of the other games bring it to me like SWG.

thats the thing i wanted to share with you all :)

*raises his glass of jawa beer*

here is to Star Wars. here is to friends forever. here is to the Affiliates.

Your best friend

Corzip Dinn

I been thinking about all the recent feelings of not feeling starwars, but when i watched the films it bought it all back for me :)

I just had to visit Tatooine .. and yes I did feel like i was there, im glad this is still the case.. and ow space being on the way.. cant wait :)

Wow, that was really well said, much better than I could do, even with your choppy english (no offense).

There is a lot of stuff missing in the game to be really like star wars, but to do it without turning it into a single player game or making it nearly unfunctional and unfun would be near impossible.

Once again, very well said.

Archived