Home

George Wired Bush

coupes.

I don't see why he should have to be less deragatory when refering to the president. I have very clear reasons to feel animosity towards the president. During his four years tuition costs of college have risen an average of 35% for colleges across America. What has the president done to stop this? Nothing. Gas costs have steadily risen over his 4 year stint when he himself said when he was elected that he'd use his connections with the saudi royal family to keep gas prices down. George Bush has done nothing for our country, and John Kerry is the only man who can stop him from doing more damage.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ET Warrior

I don't see why he should have to be less deragatory when refering to the president. I have very clear reasons to feel animosity towards the president. During his four years tuition costs of college have risen an average of 35% for colleges across America. What has the president done to stop this? Nothing. Gas costs have steadily risen over his 4 year stint when he himself said when he was elected that he'd use his connections with the saudi royal family to keep gas prices down. George Bush has done nothing for our country, and John Kerry is the only man who can stop him from doing more damage.

I didn't say he had to be less derogatory; simply that he said that he hates people going back and forth with politics and then he posts something that seems clearly meant to make someone respond. It's quite strange.

And here another 'Kerry isn't Bush' supporter. What has Kerry done to make you so fanatical about him? It's interesting how I've seen that many of the people that support Kerry do so only because he isn't Bush, while the people that support Bush do so because of his policies.

Did I ONCE bring John Kerry into this? You sure did. No, I don't get into squabling over the nitty gritty details of what who did, or who didn't do what. I walk outside, I take a look around, and see a president that is not exactly helping anything or anyone. Selfish, sure, but i'm not about to go on living the way I am believing that GW is going to magically fix everything in another four years.

So make this thread what you want, far as I am concerned:

7931.gif

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Did I ONCE bring John Kerry into this? You sure did. No, I don't get into squabling over the nitty gritty details of what who did, or who didn't do what. I walk outside, I take a look around, and see a president that is not exactly helping anything or anyone. Selfish, sure, but i'm not about to go on living the way I am believing that GW is going to magically fix everything in another four years.

So make this thread what you want, far as I am concerned:

7931.gif

OK, just as long as you don't pretend (even to yourself) that anyone can 'magically' fix everything in four years.

Two things:

1) I just want to point out that I even scooped the BBC on this story! If you look at post #1656341, dated 10-09-2004 11:16 AM, in the "OMG Bush got Owned" thread, you'll see it! :cool: So you guys are late!! :D

2) One click on the MP3 in my sig should be enough to convince anybody that we need not be fooled again!

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Two things:

1) I just want to point out that I even scooped the BBC on this story! If you look at post #1656341, dated 10-09-2004 11:16 AM, in the "OMG Bush got Owned" thread, you'll see it! :cool: So you guys are late!! :D!

:D ! I know...this thing is two yrs old: I pick it up in a science review 2 yrs ago but I wasn't a LucasForums member at that time...I thought some people, including Geore Bush ;) forgot about it since then...

I really hope George Bush is not reelected: I believe he is the biggest threat to world safety right now. He doesn't seem to understand much of world politics and he gives the impression that he never opened a history book :dozey: ...The Good against Evil argument that Bush used many times in the recent past is as old as humanity. Everyone is someone elses' evil...this is the very same argument that is being used by his "ennemy".

You know, defenders of Bush sort of remind me of that story "The Emporer's New Clothes", where even though he is parading around naked, everyone just goes along with it?!

Everytime Bush gets caught with his pants down, the spin doctors are way ahead of him, "oh it's not his fault", "oh it's ok, if he didn't do that".

Sad, yet ironic. And yet the media can find nothing wrong with him.....hmmmmmmm.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I got a much higher SAT score than him, while high AND drunk. 1350.

Uh huh. You haven't given me anything but your word.

You know, defenders of Bush sort of remind me of that story "The Emporer's New Clothes", where even though he is parading around naked, everyone just goes along with it?!

Everytime Bush gets caught with his pants down, the spin doctors are way ahead of him, "oh it's not his fault", "oh it's ok, if he didn't do that".

Sad, yet ironic. And yet the media can find nothing wrong with him.....hmmmmmmm.

Now, now, groovy. You're doing it again. ;)

The media has no problems finding issues with anyone. :p Just because someone's opinion on something is different from yours doesn't mean you get to flame them. ;)

As long as we have presidents, we'll have people like that. And it's not just for presidents....

What's wrong with an anyone but Bush mentality?

Things are so bad, I don't think they could get any worse. Do we want 4 more years of the same? No thanks.

What has Bush actually done to make you vote for him?

He appears like a dumbass, spewing out malapropisms and idiotic remarks.

He's turned a $5.3 trillion saving into a deficit.

He's given us tax cuts... providing your rich.

He's used fear and deception to wrongfully take us into war, changing the reasons 3-4 times along the way.

Do I want 4 more years of this? For me this is a non-thinking issue.

*sigh* Only in the US...

Tell me, why should wired/not wired, SAT scores, military records, religious beliefs, ex-women, IQ, the way they speak or whatever have anything to do with how they are as politicians and presidents?

Sheesh. If you don't like Bush, attack his politics. There's plenty to choose from.

Originally posted by Breton

*sigh* Only in the US...

Tell me, why should wired/not wired, SAT scores, military records, religious beliefs, ex-women, IQ, the way they speak or whatever have anything to do with how they are as politicians and presidents?

Sheesh. If you don't like Bush, attack his politics. There's plenty to choose from.

That's kind of what I was trying to tell them... :)

its apparently a well known factor in among those that study international politics that most countries like to vote for people who seem more intelligent than them, but the US like to vote for people that seem less inteligent. No one is quite sure why.

But anyway, by definition, if you are the US president you are almost automatically less intelligent than the average american... unless of course you are so intelligent that you managed to convince the american public that you are dumb... :D

Clinton seems to have been the only recent exception to this, and then they spent the next four years concentrating on his sex life... which i guess brought him down to the required level. :D

PS/ There is a cool looking series starting on BBC2 on wednesday called The Power of Nightmares - about the culture of fear in today's politics... "In the past our politicians offered us dreams of a better world. Now they promise to protect us from nightmares. The most frightening of these is the threat of an international terror network. But just as the dreams weren't true, neither are these nightmares." Definately looks worth watching. Probably be streamable off the BBC web site, as most of their stuff is.

Yes... it's time again for another one of Coupes' poor analogies

The way I see it, is that being wired is the same thing as lying to the nation, especially in an election campaing context. It's basically like promising the nation you're gonna lower the taxes, when you clearly have no intention of doing so. By being wired and saying someone else's words you're basically lying about how qualified you really are, and to me, it's a very important issue.

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

Yes... it's time again for another one of Coupes' poor analogies

The way I see it, is that being wired is the same thing as lying to the nation, especially in an election campaing context. It's basically like promising the nation you're gonna lower the taxes, when you clearly have no intention of doing so. By being wired and saying someone else's words you're basically lying about how qualified you really are, and to me, it's a very important issue.

To me, it's kinda like this:

If you knew a kid in elementary school who was known to beat little kids up, would you trust him with your lunch money? Sure, the two are not neccessarily related, but you still won't trust him.

Then with Bush, if he lied on National Television with the debate, how do we know he didn't lie to us during his Presidentcy?

What's hillarious about this is everyones expectations of Bush being honest. His job title alone is reason enough to convince me that he, and everyone who has or ever will have said job title, is a blazing liar. I'm not suprised, or disapointed that he supposedly wore a wire. He's in it to win it. What's all the fuss about? If a politicians mouth is moving, he's telling a lie. This is not shocking news, people.

I support neither Bush nor Kerry. But I kinda hope Kerry wins, just so I can come here and to work, and everywhere else I frequant that has tons of "anti-Bush" people, and hear people whine about how much of a ****ty job he's doing, and how big a liar he is. I can barely contain the glee. Really.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

I support neither Bush nor Kerry. But I kinda hope Kerry wins, just so I can come here and to work, and everywhere else I frequant that has tons of "anti-Bush" people, and hear people whine about how much of a ****ty job he's doing, and how big a liar he is. I can barely contain the glee. Really.

Yeh, I can't wait to all these people who "strongly support" Kerry will hate him the same way they do Bush if he becomes president.

Archived