Home

Do you prefer Galactic conquest (Battlefield 1942 mod) or Battlefront?

Zerosaber

Which would you rather play?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather play?

• Star wars battlefront
    • Star wars Galactic conquest

Point of clarification, I assume you're referring to "Galactic Conquest", as in the Battlfield 1942 "Star Wars" mod of the same name, rather than the SP game mode in Star Wars Battlefront of the same name.

You can download Galactic Conquest, the mod at LucasFiles.com.

seriously, who would pick GC over BF... BF has a larger team of fully trained professionals... BF is a retail game that has so many more options than GC.

I think i speak for everyone when i look at the polls and laugh at this thread.

• 1 month later...
seriously, who would pick GC over BF... BF has a larger team of fully trained professionals... BF is a retail game that has so many more options than GC.

You've got the order wrong.

1. Play game.

2. Comment on it:rolleyes: .

GC has tons of features not found in Battlefront, just like Battlefront has many features not in GC. And a lot of people prefer it over SWBF. Why? Different playing styles, I suppose. SWBF applies more to an arcade audience than GC does.

Yes, SWBF is a game by proffesionals, but then again, so were many horrible games, right:D (not to say SWBF sucks, though). I mean, I'd rather play Desert Combat than Conflict Zone, even though Conflict Zone is the proffesional game.

My point is that the resources and money put into a game says nothing about how good it is. It's like Blair Witch Project was low-budget while several cr[...]y movies were high-budget. Still, Blair Witch ruled. And Desert Combat, which was "just a mod", got Trauma Studios bought by DICE to help make a Battlefield 2 engine game. Why? Because the "little mod" was, in most peoples' eyes, even better than BF1942.

The poll was decided before you thought of the question.

No duh :p ?! I expected people to vote overwhelmingly for GC! What is this, an SWBF fan site or something?!;)

I think i speak for everyone when i look at the polls and laugh at this thread.

No, you arrogant whip, you don't speak for the 3 people who voted against SWBF:p (joking).

I admit I haven't played the latest edition of GC, but even with Dnamro's (the guy doing bot support) add-ons he could only do so much with BF1942's AI.

SWBF has excellent bot support, offers much better challenge and satisfication for players who can't go online. Better engine for Dynamic lighting effects, better physics for vehicles, and excellent detailed animations (players that swirl through the air from bombs, crawling and kneeling, etc).

From a single player standpoint SWBF offers so much more, and if you're looking at details and what not that the two engines have to offer.

Now for mp, GC has some pretty spiffy features not available to SWBF. Like Space battles and some of the variety is a bit better.

Give modders some time with SWBF, and maybe an expansion, and then give SWBF another comparison.

After all, this is only version 1.11, while GC is up to 4.2?

SWBF has excellent bot support, offers much better challenge and satisfication for players who can't go online. Better engine for Dynamic lighting effects (...) and excellent detailed animations (players that swirl through the air from bombs(...)

Very good points. No, GC doesn't have 'bot support, which of course is a let-down to people with 56k connections.

, better physics for vehicles,

Excuse me, but my impression with SWBF is that vehicle physics are VERY simplified. But then again, you could call that "better" if you want it that way, of course;).

crawling and kneeling, etc).

I don't know what you are getting at here. You certainly can kneel and crawl in GC... Am I right in assuming you mean that the animations are better?

Give modders some time with SWBF, and maybe an expansion, and then give SWBF another comparison.

After all, this is only version 1.11, while GC is up to 4.2?

Yup. And maybe we could post the poll on a different site than a fan site for GC or SWBF:D ?

You downloaded it and you don't know about the site?:eek:

http://www.galactic-conquest.net.

They're working on Release 5 right now, although we have no official release date. I'd guess january or february '05, though. It'll have a good deal of vehicles and maps and other features. And some fixes, I hope.

"Anyhows", sorry you didn't like it (you might consider giving it a second chance, though).

I really need to try Battle front somehow..:( Where is that goddamned demo?! Gee, I almost consider downloading a pirate copy just to get to know what it's like (which I of course won't, knowing what goes into making those games:p ). Sigh.

yep i downloaded it, and from that site matter of fact. but i asked for a GC fan site not the offical site sorry for the confusion

and lemme find my case with the cd key i might take your advise at a retry. its just that ever since i started with BF it was with a clan and we use team speak so that does give a advantage for me, i got spoiled on the voice in MP while playing Unreal2k4, and speaking of Unreal have you played their SW mod

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

Very good points. No, GC doesn't have 'bot support, which of course is a let-down to people with 56k connections.

and satellite internet users, which I am. Also Lan gamers and those who desire co-operative play.

Excuse me, but my impression with SWBF is that vehicle physics are VERY simplified. But then again, you could call that "better" if you want it that way, of course;).

The BF engines physics are much simpler. For example when ground vehicles explode thier remains bounce on the surface, and wiggle. SWBF doesn't do that, at least not to the BF engine's degree.

I don't know what you are getting at here. You certainly can kneel and crawl in GC... Am I right in assuming you mean that the animations are better?

Yup. I'm a bells and whistles kind of guy. I love FX and attention to detail. GC has alot of that, but unfortunately they are very limited by the BF42 engine. Do they have any plans to port to the BF2 engine when it comes out? I know LucasArts has their eyes on GC and its only by LA's grace that they still are even allowed to keep going. LA might not allow them to port to a better engine, much like they have prohibited them to have Light Sabres.

Yup. And maybe we could post the poll on a different site than a fan site for GC or SWBF:D ?

Ha! Yeah! GC has a legion of loyal fans, obviously I'm replying to one now. :) They have put alot of work into their mod of that there is no doubt, and they deserve some praise for that. But there are so many features in SWBF that I have to chose it instead. Not that people can't play both though. :) (unless you have 56K or Satellite internet)

As far as mods for SWBF. I'm hoping for ones that build on the Star Wars experience. I'm hoping for (balanced) light Sabres, Space battles, custom maps, and maybe some custom armies and vehicles (Kotor maybe). The skies the limit. :D All with bot support hopefully. :p

The BF engines physics are much simpler. For example when ground vehicles explode thier remains bounce on the surface, and wiggle. SWBF doesn't do that, at least not to the BF engine's degree.

Yeah, nothing beats blowing up an AT-ST and watching the head bunny-jump around.:D I hope they'll fix that for the next release.

Yup. I'm a bells and whistles kind of guy. I love FX and attention to detail. GC has alot of that, but unfortunately they are very limited by the BF42 engine. Do they have any plans to port to the BF2 engine when it comes out? I know LucasArts has their eyes on GC and its only by LA's grace that they still are even allowed to keep going. LA might not allow them to port to a better engine, much like they have prohibited them to have Light Sabres.

LA hasn't prohibited GC from having light sabres, Jedi, jet packs, etc. It's an internal decision which I support fully as GC is centered on the life of grunts and the average soldier in SW didn't have those things.

A port to BF2 would be interesting, but I'd prefer they didn't as they'd have to discontinue work on BF1942 then as otherwise they'd be way too busy.

GC has a legion of loyal fans, obviously I'm replying to one now.

Now, what could make you think that...:confused:

They have put alot of work into their mod of that there is no doubt, and they deserve some praise for that. But there are so many features in SWBF that I have to chose it instead. Not that people can't play both though. (unless you have 56K or Satellite internet)

Right. And as far as I know, they have two different playing styles anyways.

As far as mods for SWBF. I'm hoping for ones that build on the Star Wars experience. I'm hoping for (balanced) light Sabres, Space battles, custom maps, and maybe some custom armies and vehicles (Kotor maybe). The skies the limit. All with bot support hopefully. :p

Maybe there'll be a Star Wars mod'. Imagine: Battlefront with SW content:D (joking)!

yep i downloaded it, and from that site matter of fact. but i asked for a GC fan site not the offical site sorry for the confusion

Oh. No, don't know of any, sorry.

Archived