Home

RARE: Loom CD

masterdebator

No, I am looking around the net for Loom, yeah I know legal mumbo jumbo, but I wanted the CD version, not the floppy, when I found this at anEbay auction. Now for those of you who don't want to cluck the link, it is a very very very rare Turbo Duo edition of the classic PC game, which means that it is supposedly the best version ever made. And it is in very good working condition[according to the seller]. And it is an ever so ridiculous starting bid of $3.50 US. And the shipping is only an additional 3 bucks, so I'd say, hurry on this one. Oh, wait, why am I telling you, I want it. At least I think I do. Could someone tell me if this is something that I would want.

Originally posted by masterdebator

No, I am looking around the net for Loom, yeah I know legal mumbo jumbo, but I wanted the CD version, not the floppy, when I found this at anEbay auction. Now for those of you who don't want to cluck the link, it is a very very very rare Turbo Duo edition of the classic PC game, which means that it is supposedly the best version ever made. And it is in very good working condition[according to the seller]. And it is an ever so ridiculous starting bid of $3.50 US. And the shipping is only an additional 3 bucks, so I'd say, hurry on this one. Oh, wait, why am I telling you, I want it. At least I think I do. Could someone tell me if this is something that I would want.

It is not the best and it is far from rare. Perhaps your getting it confused with the Fm Towns version.

The storytelling on the cd version of loom stinks!!! However, the graphics are cool, and the voice and music are cool too. I decided to compare the two versions of loom one day and found out that the floppy version of loom includes more of the storyline and cutscenes. Unfortunately, the CD version of loom lacks in the story and animated cutscenes, but has better graphics and sound. It would be cool if both versions were somehow combined to provide all the positives in both versions. Also, you are lucky if you have the floppy version of loom, cause "home of the underdogs" has a patch system to turn the floppy version into the cd version, its kind of a pain in the butt, but I bet looking for a copy of this game is too. Go to this link and follow the pain in th butt directions the underdogs have to offer. Last, I'll let you know that this version stinks! http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=655

Correct me if I'm wrong but... doesn't the FM Towns version have ALL the cut-scenes and extra dialogue in funky groovy 256 colour graphics, but with no digitized speech? I can live without the speech myself, especially since, if memory serves, the FM Towns version has superior music to all other versions.

Is that about right?

(Where's ATM when you need him?)

If so, I'd love to get my hands on the FM Towns version!

• 1 year later...

Archived