Home

Autoexec.nt

masterdebator

Now, I have been playing video games for a VERY long time, and one constantly reacuring problem that I have is a known WinXP/DirectX error. You go to install a game, or to play it, and a warning dialogue pops-up saying that the file Autoexec.nt is corrupt or cannot be found, it cannot support this game. Well, I say stuff you Microsoft, I have a way around it. Well, there are actually many ways around it.

The problem is that you have some sort of ADware, Spyware, Cookie Tracking System, FireWall, or virus protection software, that is corrupting it. You could spent waking hours trying to find the root of the problem, or you could hack the registry not to ask for it. Although I won't explain that one, because ot causes more problems than fixes.

The solution. Go into C:\windows\repair, and copy the file autoexec.nt [do NOT cut or drag the file, because you WILL need it in the future.] Now go to the System 32 foler, and paste it in there. You may notice that it didn't say anything about replacing the file. Oh well, at least it DOES work. This SHOULD be fixed by the time service pack 2 comes out. I thought it was supposed to be out a long time ago. Just like the 64bit processor support files. Well...

• 1 year later...

I have this problem, so I've tried using your advice, but when I come to the Repair file, there is no autoexec.nt file in there...

The files I do have in there are

config.nt

ntuser.dat

secsetup.inf

setup.log

system

sam

security

software

I don't know what to do :(

[edit] Actually, there's not even an autoexec.nt file in System32... or anywhere. Not that I can find through the search anyway.

Archived