Home

covers.mixnmojo.com - open for business

SpiffyTheDog

way cool. Love the covers. They look really professional. Do you want scans of all LucasArts game box-covers? I would scan some of mine, but I'm currently in GA and not going back to Texas until the end of November. I can scan them when I get back home.

I'm at Uni at the mo and my laptop got stolen a few weeks ago, but when I get home (weekend probably) expect covers for such great games as full Throttle, The Dig, Sam n Max hit the Road and (possibly) DOTT.

Maybe some more whil I'm at it, but I'm only one guy.

Originally posted by ramy

way cool. Love the covers. They look really professional. Do you want scans of all LucasArts game box-covers? I would scan some of mine, but I'm currently in GA and not going back to Texas until the end of November. I can scan them when I get back home.

Thanks, but it's ok, I actually scanned all the covers a few months ago (front and back) for the site, we just never got round to uploading them all. I'm working on that section of the site at the moment, but until then get the covers on MojoArt cos JBRAA put up my scans when I was like, taking forever to do it. But they'll be up on LucasCovers soon ;)

Originally posted by Laserschwert

By the way Spiffy... I don't care if you host the covers yourself, or on "my" space... since "my" space is actually "The ScummBar's" space... but do what you want *g*

Looks like I have to continue working on the covers...

it seemed kind of rude.

anyway, you better continur work on the covers. I've got all the ones you made printed out and all shiny and in cases now, they're purty. I NEED MORE.

Originally posted by LucasTones

Thanks, but it's ok, I actually scanned all the covers a few months ago

I look forward to seeing the rest of the covers. I'm sure they'll look as good as the ones that are already up. I'll put them to good printing too!

Originally posted by SpiffyTheDog

it seemed kind of rude.

anyway, you better continue work on the covers. I've got all the ones you made printed out and all shiny and in cases now, they're purty. I NEED MORE.

No, it's cool. I guess we're all one big community here, so it doesn't really matter on which part of the Mix'n'Mojo servers it gets hosted.

Originally posted by Scummbuddy

thats so weird Joshi, cause i just 'happened' upon a laptop full of lucasarts dvd covers.

that sucks what happened to you. hope you can someday find it or the jerks get what comes to them.

i love making dvd covers, so ill give this a whirl.

Okay, first of all The only scanned cover I had on that laptop was for MI2 and I didn't even scan that. Second of ll, I doubt thetownies who stole my laptop could have possibly got it to America, thirdly the entire thing was passworded as soon as it get's closed and fourthly... well, there is no fourthly.

Yeah, the chances of me getting the laptop back is slim and chances are it's damaged already anyway but it was insured so at least I can get a better one out of it. But most of the artwork i submitted to the scumm bar and worldofmi was on there (the original layered photoshop images) so that's annoying.

But whatever.

Originally posted by Joshi

But most of the artwork i submitted to the scumm bar and worldofmi was on there (the original layered photoshop images) so that's annoying.

That sucks. :(

You should have backed up your most important files though. lol, not many people backup, they cry for a week or two afterwards a data loss such from your example or drive failure. I lost 120GB of data some months ago. :( Nice that you get a new laptop from insurance.

Originally posted by Gabez

Ooh. That old Lucascovers design. Embarassing!

In retrospect it looks a little weird all to the side, so if you want to centre it then just edit style.css. I'll leave that up to you, though.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you. You should come on irc sometime, then we'll talk business.

Originally posted by JBRAA

That sucks. :(

You should have backed up your most important files though. lol, not many people backup, they cry for a week or two afterwards a data loss such from your example or drive failure. I lost 120GB of data some months ago. :( Nice that you get a new laptop from insurance.

That's the irony, I left my flat and went into the flat opposite mine because a friend of mine had, the night earlier, got his laptop and PS2 stolen and I was telling him that as soon as I get back to my room, I'm gonna back up all my important files. 15 minutes later, I go back to my room to find my laptop gone. I was a good 20 feet away at the time of the incident.

The bastards even broke my TV!

Very slick, I can't wait for more of them.

Just a request. Can we get a Monkey Island Madness edition of the MI DVD covers, because, I'm just guessing here, 50-75% of us have MI1/MI2 in that format.

This is a great fan service, one I attempted a long time ago and failed at. More More More, I must have all the Lucasarts Adventure's together on my DVD shelf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Spiffy :mad:

How many times have I told you not to steal things from other sites man? I remember when you were all "hey look I've made a search engine" and I thought we were gonna make a load of money, and then I got a letter from the Google Legal department, and you appropriately moved to live in America and get some hokey job in a cinema. It never ends.

This is your stage seven warning.

Originally posted by Laserschwert

Uhm... being part of the "CrazyCovers" community I was just wondering, Spiffy, did you check back with "FluidDruid23" at CrazyCovers.net, for using his templates?

Sorry, just trying to protect the community ;)

I didn't think i'd need to. They're hosted on my server and still contain credit to the CrazyCovers site ON the actual covers. I'll slap additional credit on the page, i guess (believe me - this is nothing i was attempting to steal credit for or anything.)

i'm emailing them now. I just actually read to the bottom on the site, I don't speak whatever language that's in (not going to be insulting by guessing and having it be the wrong language) so I just gave up each time, pretty much.

edit- wait, it turns out i already did give them credit on the download page. My memory fooled me into believing i only left the credit on the actual templates. Jeez, you made me feel worse than I should have, way to go. Gosh. Still waiting on that email reply.

Originally posted by LucasTones

Spiffy :mad:

How many times have I told you not to steal things from other sites man? I remember when you were all "hey look I've made a search engine" and I thought we were gonna make a load of money, and then I got a letter from the Google Legal department, and you appropriately moved to live in America and get some hokey job in a cinema. It never ends.

This is your stage seven warning.

you can prove nothing.

also where is our forum you lazy clod.

Archived