Home

Using .ogg with MI2

ramy

Does anyone know how to get MI2 to run with remixed music in scummVM?

I'm trying to get the ogg files from soundfont to work with MI2 in scummVM .7, but it just keeps running the default sound. Any clues? Maybe I'm using the wrong audio files.

I got MI1 to work with the .ogg's ripped from the original CD. But that's why it works.

Well, you see, MI2 has a MIDI sound interface, the only way you can rip to .ogg or .mp3, is because either the original files are monster.sou, or they are.CDA, with MI2, the files are burried in the game files, like CMI, only CMI files are digital, MI2 is MIDI. So if you really want to alter the sound files, you are going to have to do some serious hacking. Also, you will have to split the tracks up, into little tiny bits and pieces, to match the various cues. I think that CMI used cues also, but in the hot sand sequence, it doesn't work very well.

Yeah, it'll take more time than I thought. I'll have to locate each of the midis, and take the remixed ogg/mp3's and convert them back to the same format/length/and location as the original MI2 midi files. The iMUSE system in MI2 is alot more complex than MI1. I don't think MI1 even uses iMUSE for the CD version....we'll see.

• 9 years later...

Hey Guys! Why don't you check and try out the Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Edition 1 & 2, you only need the Monkey Island Special Editions to build it, it also works with Steam. For the MI 1 SE i'll recommend you the Hair Patch by Ailbrush and the No-Cd Patch (to play the DVD Bundle without a Disc all the time) . If you need some help, or got some questions, just ask me for it and by the way i forgot to inform...For better Sound in ScummVM Games, activate Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth [Windows MIDI] , or get the Roland MT-32 ROMS for it and otherwise you could easy use SoundFonts within like Shan's Soundfont SGM-V2.01 (don't forget to configure all Audio Options correctly) . Have Fun!

Archived