Home

In The time of Kotor Bounty Hunters...

TheOutrider

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"huh what, hey thats cold" Trent yelled

Trent looked up at Ja'han who looked like he was going to kill Trent.

"Im sorry dude I didn't think it was you who shot the guy down, I thought it was somebody else I could collect a bounty on and were going to have to hack the bounty records to get you off"

Trent thought about hacking into Coruscants bounty records.

"Its a dangerous mission but if you help me you'll be off that in no time"

"Wheres that one guy T'uune at" said Trent

Trent picked up his lightsaber ready and willing.

"So are you coming or not friend"

Trent followed Ja'han to his ship. There were at least 20 bounty hunters.

"Hurry behind that wall" said Trent

"What was that" said a bounty hunter

"Go check over there" said another bounty hunter

One of the bounty hunters walked over to where they were at. He saw them.

"He..." the bounty hunter was cut off by a slow force choke by Trent.

"Hurry to the ship between you and me I think we could take them on"

(OOC - err...since when can YOU use the force?)

"Between you and me? Ha! These men are easy, wimp." With that delecate parting response, Ja'han set his blaster to rapid fire, and ran out from cover. He let loose, firing energy spray everywhere. About half of the bounty hunters were killed. The rest ran behind cover, but Ja'han simply pulled the thermal detonator off his belt and chucked it towards their cover. 3...2...1 BOOM. Bodies went flying everywhere. Some landed on the walkway and died almost instantly, but some were thrown off, plummeting to their deaths. He turned to Trent, and in a very casual way, said,

"So...what was that plan again?"

Trent lead Ja'han toward the building with the records.

"This is my first time with force persuade so it may not work as well" said Trent

"Do you have an appointment sir, wait thats the guy with the newest bounty" said the guard

"This is not the guy your looking for" said Trent using force persuade

"Okay go now" said the guard

Trent lead Ja'han to a big hall filled with guards guarding a big computer. Trent walked up to the leader.

"Hurry theres a big gang fight on the landing pad 6754-A.C. that you want to go to" said Trent

"Okay thanks for telling us" said the leader

"Come on men move out"

Trent approched the large computer when the guards left. He put in the override code.

"Good your off now we get out of here" said Trent

"Meet me at my ship tommorrow and lets maybe work toghether" said Trent

Trent left Ja'han and went to his ship to go to sleep...

Well, tht mission was accomplished. Now, it was time to meet Tu'une. He returned to his ship, and flew up to the Old Style Diner in Coruscant's upper city. It was a beautiful place, and he could see why it was wise bring the money like Tu'une had said. Now, all Ja'han had to do was wait...

T'uune walked off the trasport ship at the appropriate stop. He walked towards the Old Style Diner. He had sent La'ola to Sleyheron to turn in Gronde for the bounty. Up ahead, he noticed Ja'han near the enterance. Walking up the Ja'han, "Good morning. I see you have enough interest to show up. Lets head inside," T'uune said.

Ja'han walked in, and held the door open for Tu'une. Maybe it was something about the appearance of two bounty hunters, but everyone went silent, and was staring in awe at the two men. Ja'han walked calmly to the bartender, and ordered 2 coruscant ales. He then walked towards an empty table for two, set the drinks down, pulled out Tu'unes chair, and sat down himself.

"So...what do you know about my father?"

T'uune-"Oh, your father was most definately a businessman. *sigh*There is really no easy way to tell you this. Your father's business fronted as a supplier for Czerka Corportation. That part of the business did extremely well, and it was indeed legitimate. But this is where it gets quite ugly. (sips ale)Your father had extremely close ties with the Exchange.

For some peoplel, that could just simply mean that he was trying to get something to help run his business better. In actuality, he was a major supplier. He sold the stuff cheap in exchange for stims. And I'm not talking about the little ones you can go buy at the corner. I'm talking about the hard stuff. The stuff that most people can't take because it would kill them. (sips ale)The stuff he was on was the equivalent of about 25+ stims.

(sips ale)Now, he did have his reasons. Several years back, your father did some research on bio-robotics. Now, no one knows exactly what his team made, but it is known that he did human and humanoid testing. According to a source, he even tested the equipment on himself. It made him stronger and faster than any natural man, but it also caused him massive amounts of pain. He takes the stims to ease his pain. (sips ale)

The stims started off as a more effective means of controlling the pain, but it only made him dependant on it. The dosages he now takes now only barely numb the pain. He is a wreck, constantly writhing in either pain or withdraw, assuming he's still alive.

You've probably never heard this before, because your father has tried desperately to keep the truth from you. I felt you had to know, because the Exchange hasn't been recieving payments from your father's business recently. Thus, they have announced a bounty on your father's head for a sum of 150 thousand. They called it "just compensation". I call it trouble."

(sips ale)

Trent walked into the Old Style Diner. He walked over to T'uune and asked the bartender to order a couple of drinks for them all.

"So I heard the words father, Ja'han, and exchange in the same sentence, so if you don't mind let me in on the info I want to help, to repay you both" said Trent

Trent grabbed the glasses of wine and slid one over to T'uune and one over to Ja'han.

"So what do ya guys say"

"Thanks Trent, but for now I need to talk to Tu'une. I'll tell you soon, but not yet. In other words, we need some privacy. However, I think we're going to need your help, so don't feel left out." Ja'han watched Trent walk off. Turning to Tu'une he said,

"So that confirms it. I always knew my father was doing weird stuff like that, but it all makes sense. It's also how I must've gotten all these implants...these are his finished products!" Slowly, it dawned on Ja'han how complex it all was. He continued talking. "I've also had suspicious about him working with genetics. I know mine are modified, and I know exactly what he found. (sips ale) I did some research of my own using a hacked Republic General's security clearance, and I found a work that was never published in the most secure, remote place of the Galaxy. A man living there studied genetics, and found that you could add a key to the brain that turns off the growth stopclock. If used, it makes whoever is given it stronger, faster, and incredibly smarter than normal humans. However, with this in place, you never stop growing. One of the implants in me is a neurological controller, that reeimplements the stopclok, so I wont die from being a giant in a few years. This means that I will never grow larger than this size, in my brain too. However, the man that found this was cunning. (sips ale) He found another key that allows you to use more of your brain, almost half of it (ooc, humans use 10-11% of their brain). This means I am a genius, literally speaking. I can do anything. The only drawback to this is my strength is dumbed down, which dosent do much due to the amount of modified genetics with the first key, enhancing my strength. There are also more modified genetics I have, each one creating a drawback that is fixed by another until it comes full-circle. I have enough genetic alterations to be considered a new species. (Ja'han grins). Now, for the most important part. The man who researched genetics and modified my genes is still alive, but he lives far beyond Republic space. Even more important...my father is still alive. And I want to find him."

T'uune-"Well, a good place to start would be the source I used. His name is T'waenii. He's a rodian that works for a local Exchange boss. I usually use him to find out about some good bounties, so he gave me one in the form of your father. Its not his fault since I normally would have taken it, but when I ran across you in the lower area, I realized I couldn't take it. (sips ale)Thats why I went back to T'waenii for more information to know EXACTLY why your father had a bounty on his head. Unfortunately, the transmission was cut off during the recent Sith raid. If you want to contact him, use this information (hands over a datapad).

Now, don't think of actually trying to get to the boss to get your info. I know for a fact that he has tons of security personell as well as a literal army of combat droids. Definately not an easy task. (sips ale)Even for me, and I should know. He pissed me off one day...(pauses)well, thats another story entirely. (smiles)Which is also why I go through contacts, and not him. (sips ale)

(looks in Trent's direction)Okay, Trent, I think its safe to come over. Alright, lets get us some grub. I highly recommend the Rynosian Burgers. Best stuff on the menu..."

Trent slowly walked over to them.

"3 Rynosian Burgers please" said Trent as he tucked on a waitresses shirt

"Yes sir, would you like some drinks with at?" asked the waitress

"Yes 3 Rodision ales" said Trent as the Waitress walked off

Trent turned to T'uune then Ja'han. Trent looked out the window and saw a suspicious guy with a cloak on.

"Whos that guy looking at us through the window?" said Trent

Trent got his lightsaber ready just in case.

T'uune looked into a piece of chrome to see the reflection of the person. T'uune swore softly to himself. "Not now, please not now," T'uune whispered to himself. T'uune slowly pulled out one of his heavy blaster pistols. "I'll be right back. Just make sure my burger doesn't get cold for me," T'uune told Trent and Ja'han.

T'uune walked outside the diner and motioned for the man to come to the alleyway behind the diner. Once they were hidden from the general public, T'uune grabbed the man, shoved him against the diner wall, and pointed the blaster in his face. "WHAT THE :swear: ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?" T'uune yelled at the man. "I TOLD YOU I HAD THIS THING UNDER CONTROL!!!"

"Wo wo wo wo, slow down T'uune, the boss just wanted to see what you were up to," the man replied fearfully. "Really?!? Oh I'm sure of that," T'uune said spitefully. He pulled the man backwards and threw him towards the end of the platform. The man was now afraid for his life and began to back away from T'uune. "Take it easy T'uune, I'm just the messenger, well, so to speak," he said in terror. T'uune remained where he was standing. "Well, messenger boy, go tell your boss that I don't want people checking in on me to see how good of a job I'm doing. If he does it again, you can tell him the deal's off. Now get the :swear: out of my sight, and don't let me ever see your ugly face again," T'uune said spitefully. T'uune then turned around only to see several Exchange enforcers standing in his path. T'uune pulled out the other heavy blaster.

"We knew you'd give him trouble. Now, its our turn to give you some," the enforcer's leader said. "If you don't want us to leave you dead in the street, then I suggest you go ahead and hand over a couple thousand credits." T'uune sized them up. There was six total enforcers. Two were carrying repeating blasters, one a disruptor rifle, another a projectile rifle, and the rest duel blasters. Two of them looked like they wouldn't be able to do anything hand-to-hand. He focused on those.

T'uune ran forward and closed the gap before they could fire. He caught one enforcer with a round from his blaster. He then whipped one over the head and fired at another guy from point-blank. The others finally started to respond. The one with the disruptor fired first, hitting T'uune. The round threw him off balance, but it didn't penetrate his armor. T'uune pulled the repeater out of one of the enforcer's hands and butted it against the front of his leg. The guy with the disruptor prepared to fire again, but T'uune lashed out with the Force and knocked him down. The others pulled out shivs and prepared to attack T'uune. T'uune holstered the pistols, rolled to his right, pulled out his lightsaber, and twirled around to a standing position. The guys with the shivs swung at him, but T'uune quickly dodged them. He activated the lightsaber and cut through a shiv that was being swung at him. The guy with the disruptor got up, and looked at the fight taking place. He then carefully aimed his disruptor. He fired, hitting T'uune in the side of his head. The round was mostly absorbed by the helmet, but the rest penetrated and hit him in the head. T'uune fell down. One guy with a shiv decided to make sure T'uune was dead. He knelt down next to the body and pushed the knife between the armor plates. The men smiled at their accomplishment, then slowly walked away from the body.

Trent was looking at T'uunes burger. He was wondering where Tuu'ne was at. He saw T'uune walk outside now when was he coming back in.

"Be right back Ja'han I need to go find T'uune" said Trent

Trent walked outside the diner. He looked for T'uune and couldn't find him. He checked an alleyway and saw T'uune.

"T'uune are you alright!" yelled Trent

"NNNOOOOO"

"Speak to me!"

"Come on T'uune talk!"

Trent heard something behind him. He looked and saw some enforcers. He looked at them then knew what happened to T'uune.

"You'll pay for that" said Trent coldly

"You'll die just like your idiot friend!" said one of the enforcers

Trent threw his lightsaber at 1 and shot the others. One grabbed him from behind. Trent force choked him and force pushed him off the cliff. That was the last of them

"T'uune" said Trent sadly

He heard something from T'uunes body.

Pain. Indescribable pain. Interestingly enough, T'uune could feel the individual gouges in the shiv that had been left in his chest.

It was about 7cm long and had several serations along the blade. One 2 cm's up the blade, another at 4.5cm, and another at 6 cm. Oh, and there is another about 3 cm up on the backside.

He laughed to himself. All of this pain, all the injury, and all he could feel was the inconsistancies in a blade buried within his own body. He tried to focus on himself to find the injuries, but he found that he could only focus on the pain. He tried to use the Force to look past his pain. Instead, he found himself focusing on the pain again. It was quite frustrating.

So, he tried to distract his mind by focusing on something else. All he could see was visions of himself getting shot, and feeling pain. The pain intesified. He began to moan out loud. The pain continued to intensify. It became excruciating. It almost became a distraction for the one thing that was even more important than the pain. He could feel life itself draining from his body. T'uune was dying.

T'uune could hear something.

"T'uune are you alright!" yelled Trent

"NNNOOOOO"

"Speak to me!"

"Come on T'uune talk!"

"You'll pay for that" said Trent coldly

"You'll die just like your idiot friend!" said one of the enforcers

Trent threw his lightsaber at 1 and shot the others. One grabbed him from behind. Trent force choked him and force pushed him off the cliff.

"T'uune" said Trent sadly

The distraction he needed finally happened. T'uune could feel the burn marks in his head. Using the Force, T'uune concentrated on the area. It began to heal. The brain matter, the bone, the skin, it all began to heal. He felt life returning to his body.

Ja'han walked out of the diner.

"Well, my audio receptors picked up someone in trouble. They also pick up more idiots, 6 o' clock! Trent and I will cover for you Tu'une, try to get away!"

Ja'han wasn't lying. Seven more enforcers were headed this way, and they were full of armor and weapons. Each one had a finely crafted sword and repeater, and were equipped with Verpine energy sheilds. Crap. They wanted to finish Tu'une off.

"Trent, help me out over here!"

Ja'han set his gun to sniper mode. Each of the seven assassins activated their energy sheilds and their power armor. Ja'han fired, and his shot might have felt like a fly. Ja'han tried again, but this time with rapid fire. Once again, it did nothing. They were getting closer, and they opened fire. Ja'han dodged out of the way, but he heard someone groan from being hit behind him, and he thought it was Trent. Still Ja'han fired on. The enemy fire was increasing, and their shots were getting closer and closer to Tu'une. Ja'han didn't know how to kill them. All of his implants were activated, and he could barely dodge the shots with all of that speed. Then, he had an idea. Rolling out of the way, he picked up a disruptor rifle one of the other bounty hunters had dropped, and opened fire. It didn't do as much damage as he would've liked, but it slowly penetrated their sheilds and armor. At last one died...then two, and then a direct shot on on the blaster disabled it. However, their sheilds had worn off, and now Ja'hans pistol was enough to bring them down. Only three remained, and Ja'han pulled out the vibrosword given to him by Tyro, and he engaged in furious combat with the three men. They were all pathetic at short range combat and were defeated easily. One of the men left a datapad behind, and it informed him that there were 25,000 credit bounties for Tu'une and himself, and a slightly smaller bounty for Trent. He brought it over to both wounded men and showed it to them.

"We need to get off this planet, or we need to get our names off the bounty list...again. However, i want to look for my father, and i want both of you to come with me. So, we need to prioritize. Which first?"

T'uune got up after healing his head damage. His chest still had lots of pain, and he noticed the shiv was still in his chest. T'uune simply pulled it out and looked at it. He laughed whenever he noticed all of the grooves in the spots he had felt them. He was bleeding a little, but the natural Mandalorian healing ability quickly sealed the wound. T'uune pulled out his concussion rifle. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," T'uune said. "Thought the guy was down, I guess not."

"Come on, lets get to your father. This has a lot to do with him. Don't worry, I'll fill you in whenever I can."

Ja'han - Alright...sounds good. My ship's docked nearby; since La'ola is still cashing that bounty, you'd better come with me Tu'une. You can radio her from the Z-19. Trent, you take your own ship, but be careful. What do we search first, though? I say we search Correllia first; it would be the most logical place, due to the fact that my father has lived there 40 plus years.

Ja'han didn't hear any objections, so he decided it was good enough for everyone.

"Alright then...get to your ships and set your courses for Correllia. Tu'une, come with me."

Ja'han walked to where his ship was, and had Tu'une enter the installed co-pilot cockpit. Ja'han himself entered the pilot's cockpit, fired up the engines, and ran a system check.

"All systems nominal Tu'une, prepare for...what the...Tractor beams! They wont let us leave just yet!"

Two tractor beams were fired from small generators on the pad. Ja'han gave these instructions to Tu'une;

"Tu'une, there is a secondary laster under the belly. Press red, blue, red, green to deploy it, and red, yellow, yellow, red to activate it. Control it with your thruster. Use it to take out those gravity well projectors so I can leave!"

Archived