Home

Balance issue or not?

Romanov77

Im currently playing Galactic Conquest at Hard difficulty, and I noticed this wierd fact:

When I choose the Empire and attack Tatooine, I canm get the victory quite easily.

Instead, if I choose Rebels and play THE SAME mission, there's no way I cam win, my troops seems to die like flies, despite the fact that I control more spawning points than the enemy...

Any idea??

It could mean the Imperial AI is stronger than the rebel AI which means that the AI configured to use the imperial weapons and/or vehicles is set better than the one for rebels.

So or they just suck with rebel weapons, or with the combot landspeeder.

This is odd, considering how the combat speeder and X-Wing is so much greater than the AT-ST and Tie Fighter. Unless your refering to Mos Eisley, which the Dark Trooper gives a distinct advantage over a wookiee. Also the Imp Pilots are alot better than the Reb's Pilots for this map IMO. Which tilts this battle towards the Empire. The Rebs just need coordination and teamwork to beat a powerful foe.

don't forget the rebels also have to contest constantly with the tusken raiders. which hinders your reenforcements and i'm sure the stupid AI for both sides gets caught by the sarlaac alot. all the imperials have to do for that map is take the spawn point to the upper right of the map and its an easy victory.:atat:

• 2 weeks later...

As far as multi-player goes, there are some serious balancing issues!

My clan has had scrimages against a few clans already. So far whoever is the clone side wins every time. Also the imps win most of the time as well.

The jetpack trooper of the clones just makes the clones too powerful. There is no real counter. His pack recharges way to quickly, he can fly smoothly, you can jump from spawn point to spawn power in seconds, and his rockets can pretty much one hit kill all droids, even an unshielded drodeka. He is way to powerful.

Right now clones vs droids is completely unbalanced, and you have to really suck to loose using them.

The imps jump trooper also gives them a bit of a balance advantage over the rebels, but no where as close as the close's jet pack trooper!

If you make the jet pack troopers charge time extremely slow, and tone down his rocket, it would really start to balance things out.

At this time, going into clan match play, if you are clones you are gonna win, and it's gonna kill any chances of a competative match when it's clones vs droids!

Originally posted by Romanov77

IMO its official.

Rebel cant deal with Imperial on Tatooine because of the Tusken.

Its ridicolously unbalanced.

IMO it seems well balanced. I have been with droids and beaten the clone troopers many times. It may not be easy but it is possible. IMO learning the value of each troop for any side is key because they don't all function well with the same tactics.

if i was in charge of a fixmod i'd make the following changes

-Increase assault class blaster damage

-lower vehicle HP

-lower jetpack recharge time of jet, -perhaps the same as dark trooper

-decrease splash damage of jet troopers weapon (emp launcher) and vehicle blasts (for example AAT) vs infantry

-increase blaster speed of turrets (and other weapons perhaps, but turrets are way too slow)

That would make vehicles a bit weaker in the fight vs infantry, and promote assault class for killing (instead of vanguards). Promoting infantry

Originally posted by dvader0571

IMO it seems well balanced. I have been with droids and beaten the clone troopers many times. It may not be easy but it is possible. IMO learning the value of each troop for any side is key because they don't all function well with the same tactics.

If you have two human controled teams with pretty much equal talent, clones will win everytime. Test it out for yourself. Just a public game is not a good test. You have no idea who you are playing, and if they actually are playing. If you have two organized teams on either side, and you are actually trying to win, clones win ever time, period.

Hmm you might be right. However, I guess my point was not stated clearly. I think (even with even teams) that understanding how each troop performs individually is key to success. In other words it is clear you are all excellent players with clone troopers but have trouble understanding the advantages offered by the droids. I too notice issues with some droids, like for instance the droideka is potent but so dam slow I get more frustrated with it. Easier to be a jet packed clone trooper and blast it once with the emp gun.

however, that doesn't mean someone who masters the tactics of the droideka couldn't blow the clone trooper out of the sky, it has been done.

And I also agree that the vehicle hp was pretty much a surprise to me, all though it is more realistic. However, I was use to games like UT2004 where vehicles can be blown up with 1 or 2 rockets. This game it takes more of an effort. a team effort to take a vehicle down. I've been mauled by some person in a rebel landspeeder flying around shooting everyone. It gets annoying.

hmm, for a clan battle, wouldn't it be nice if they had an option to be the same faction on both sides of the battle? that would be really really balanced lol. Sure it wouldn't be good for the real game, but for online clan matches that'd be interesting!

Archived