Home

Who thinks the Historical Campaigns could have been better?

Flaming Dart

I think the HC's could have been better cause I finnished them in two days (this could be because I play to much though :D). If they had made them longer and less like instant action mode it would have been more interesting. Like stateing certain objectives, on HC's you can win on Endor as the Rebels and not destroy the SG, wasn't thet your objective. On Hoth's HC they could have said hold ther Imperials of for 25 minutes or somthing. On Kamino they could've done protect the cloning facility. On Mos Eisely tehy could've made the Imperials start outside the city and have to blow a wall up with a missle launcher to get in. I mean it's just not like the Rebels opened up the door and said ''Come on in, you get three Control points and we get three so it's fair:D. On Kasshyk Docks level they could have given the team that dosen't tart with the main island a few boats with mounted blasters to give cover fire for the troops, and made the beach longer and bigger. I would like to know if it's just me or if other people think the Historical Campaign could have been better.

PS: Could modders find a way to do some of this stuff?

Historical is "ok" now, but can be better. It's at least a lot better than just instant (the gungan shield etc)

I think galactic conquest wasn't worth it. If you just played HC you ain't gonna play instant action + a bonus afterwards for a long while...Turning galactic cxonquest in a sort of co-op mode would have been a lot better (and save games)

Yup, I've been saying it all along. The games' mechanics are good, the balance is good, the content left a huge amount to be desired. Each campaign just covers the same maps, but with slightly different teams?! You have to be kidding me. The campaigns were short, and held no variety whatsoever in objectives or game types. Content content content...THAT'S where the game needs improvement.

The campaigns should of had it so that you could go in with an elite team on Endor and take out the shield genorator and when you killed a Imperial he would stay dead, he wouldn't respwan. The gungan shield was kinda cool, but it didn't make a huge difference in gameplay, fighting the wookies was just like IA, they were nothing special. Campaigns are a series of missions that have spesific objectives, not blow everybody away. The only differences between IA and the HCs were the HCs had the Gungan Shield, Battle droid, no dark troopers on Hoth or Endor, and Jedi here and there. It would be cool if they made an expansion pack that allowed you to pick out your team of ten or so, like I want 2 snipers, 4 assault troopers, 3 heavy weapons experts, a pilot, and a unique trooper (Jet Pack trooper, Dark trooper,Droideka, and Wookie smuggler). Or tell your commanders where to attack and where to spop with the mini map, then tak your team in and do your best to make your invasion a succes. If your a sniper you'll pick off maybe 20 guys in a match if your real good but they come back so it dosen't matter, while the assault troopers kill around 50 in a good match.

An idea might be to say each side has X number of points to spend on character classes before the start of each game, where a pilot costs Y amount of points, a heavy weapons dude costs Z, and a hovertank costs W. You spend your points however you want to get a team, but this way you don't end up with just a map full of tanks and ATATs.

As an aside, this really is a feature which should have been included to begin with; the ability to designate which classes are allowed in each game - like, say I want NO droidekas, Jet Troopers, or Dark Troopers, for example.

I think they should fix everything in Battlefront. I'm not saying anything negative about it I just think it's 'unfinished'. I think the maps should be bigger like genosis. Iwish hoth was longer and the shied generator was on the other side instead of making curve. Lke everyone else..... we need more air room and action. Air vehicles just don't have enough room to fly and the vehicles should be able to carrel roll and stuff like that. I find that vehicles are way to strong and take like half the level to destry them. (like the rebel speeder) I personnaly think all open maps (like Hoth) should be just as big as Genosis. And fix the AI on hard to be smarter (thank god for the new patch). But Like I said before the PC version had to fit the console version which can't handle as much as the PC.

What really disappointed me is the lack of "objectives".

When I was playing, like endor, it doesn't really matter if I blow up the bunker. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's easier to win if you don't bother about it. In an instant action game, it's fine. But in the *historical* campaing, the rebels are supposed to get screwed real bad if you don't blow the bunker.

Normally, you play a campaign to do something else than traditional games (instant action in BF's case). This time, however, it's not different enough (though I liked to Naboo battles at the beginning; they were actually a little different).

i hate endor no matter what i do i lose, i blow up (i'm playing rebels) the sheild generator asap and then just fight but i always lose, but on hoth, geonosis and naboo (fambas) i always win on single player. and everthing is stupid (bots), but the jedi are i belive smarter on HC. bots are always stupid

Originally posted by Skellington

An idea might be to say each side has X number of points to spend on character classes before the start of each game, where a pilot costs Y amount of points, a heavy weapons dude costs Z, and a hovertank costs W. You spend your points however you want to get a team, but this way you don't end up with just a map full of tanks and ATATs.

As an aside, this really is a feature which should have been included to begin with; the ability to designate which classes are allowed in each game - like, say I want NO droidekas, Jet Troopers, or Dark Troopers, for example.

Kool idea A first person RTS

Archived