Home

Go Red Sox!

--ZeeMan--

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just pleased with what they have accomplished - and having both the ALCS and NLCS go to game 7 is pretty amazing. I hope it is a good series ... which means that if the Sox win I hope they sweep and if the other guys win I hope the Sox take them to 7 ...

Mike

One thing I don't get is why people get into sports. I mean, liking sports is fine, but getting into it is different. For example, I saw Yankee fans angry and crying. It's a game, people. A GAME. People in Boston were close to riot status in celebration of their team's win. RIOT STATUS. I think Jeff Foxworthy said it best......

".....And you call us stupid in the south......."

Hot damn! What a series. I'm glad I was up til' 2:00 in the morning watching game five.

What I'm really happy with is the managing. Thank the Lord the BoSox didn't have some idiot like Grady destroying the team, although I'm still wondering about putting Pedro in the 7th.

Anywho, if any team could do it, it was these Red Sox. Everyone contributed. Even the guys struggling, like Bellhorn and Damon.

Great News link

In hindsight, perhaps it was a mistake for the Yankees to raise a "Mission Accomplished" banner above their dugout after Game 3.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

although I'm still wondering about putting Pedro in the 7th.

I was wondering about that tooo ... but after the two runs, when Pedro actually started *pitching* :rolleyes: it made the 'who's your daddy' chanters look like idiots ... as was said on a radio show from New York this morning, the Sox still may not know who their daddy it, but they sure know who their b!tch is ;)

I think Pedro wanted to be part of thing, to get out there and say STFU, even though he ended up being the worst part of the game.

It is amazing to me looking back at what was essentially a spanking, that I couldn't relax for a second - I remember '86 too well, and was just waiting for the 'Bill Buckner' moment ... like keeping Pedro in last year ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I think Pedro wanted to be part of thing, to get out there and say STFU, even though he ended up being the worst part of the game.

Mike

That's my guess as well. It felt like Francona was trying to tempt fate, though. I mean, Lowe threw around 70 pitches! He was still throwing well.

Anyways, I wonder if Pedro will start game 1 of the World Series now. If not, it's got to be Schilling.

it was a fluke, the red sox did not deserve to get past game 4, by all rights, game 4 should have been a Yankee victory, just some bad calls made it not be...

RED SOX SUCK!!!

By all rights, the Yankees deserve to go to the WS against the Astros, but it looks like it will be up to some Ex-Yankees to squish the Red Sox... Red sox have no chance against either NL team

and neither PM or CS will start game one

i'd put my money on wakefield

Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

it was a fluke, the red sox did not deserve to get past game 4, by all rights, game 4 should have been a Yankee victory, just some bad calls made it not be...

RED SOX SUCK!!!

By all rights, the Yankees deserve to go to the WS against the Astros, but it looks like it will be up to some Ex-Yankees to squish the Red Sox... Red sox have no chance against either NL team

and neither PM or CS will start game one

i'd put my money on wakefield

A fluke? No.

Bad calls? No.

One of the crappiest pitching staffs the Yanks have had in a while? YES.

The only BAD call that stands out in my mind is in extra innings, during game 5. Ortiz was safe at second. He was wrongfully called out. Other than that, all the MAJOR calls were made correctly.

Sorry, but it looks like teams require HEART and PERSEVERANCE to win it big. Throwing money around didn't help ol' Stiney too much, did it?

Wakefield is a definite possibility, but Francona has had some doubts with him. It might even be Bronsan Arroyo. We'll see.

A fluke? No.

Bad calls? No.

Agreed. In those last two games the umpiring was spot on. Those two calls in the 6th game where the umps had to meet to decide worked out perfectly.

What i found Hilarious was A-Rod's surprise at being called out after he BLATANTLY slapped the ball out of the pitchers glove. I mean come on, he knew he did it.

I really hope the Sox win the series, and I think they can do it. (Especially if Johnny Damon hits a few more Grand Slams :))

RED SOX SUCK!!!

I think it's ironic saying the Red Sox Suck when the Yanks gave up a 3-0 lead in the series to lose 4-3 :dozey:

That's my guess as well. It felt like Francona was trying to tempt fate, though. I mean, Lowe threw around 70 pitches! He was still throwing well.

Anyways, I wonder if Pedro will start game 1 of the World Series now. If not, it's got to be Schilling.

Lowe was pitching on two days' rest. Unless you want his arm to fall off...

I hope the Sox win the Series so I can stop hearing about the damn Curse. Curse this, Curse that. Screw the Curse, it makes me want to curse. And while we're at it, can Sox fans please stop whining about the Yanks' payroll? The Sox are head and shoulders above all other teams in that department. That's like Donald Trump whining because he doesn't have as much money as Bill Gates.

I LOVE when people make excuses for things, both Yankee and Sox fans... .Curses? Yeah right. Just nervous mistakes made at the worst times. Bad calls? They made the right calls! It was a homer, a little Yankee girl even SAID it hit her and was a homer. And how can you say A-Rod was safe after he SWATTED the ball out of Aroyos's (sp?) glove?

People seem to forget that a lot of the calls that were "contradictal" went to the Yankees too.

I watched all the games, didn't expect them to get this far, but I sure am happy they did. ;)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I really hope the Sox win the series, and I think they can do it. (Especially if Johnny Damon hits a few more Grand Slams :))

Hell yes, saving his Jesus powers till game 6 and 7....

jesusgo.jpg

Best.ALCS.Ever.

IMO, greatest baseball comeback in history, and of course, it's greater because the curse has been lifted.

*ray of light from heaven shines down*

I always liked the Sox as a kid. Great to see them stop choking and start playing!

GO JESUS!!!!

Originally posted by ET Warrior

That makes me sad :(

Why does victory in sports always lead to riots and violence? People are idiots.

By Niner

Hey Boston fans. Have some dignity, will you? At least the Yankees know how to celebrate with style. You're just rowdy barbarians with no class whatsoever.

Woman dies in Sox celebration

By Me earlier in this thread

One thing I don't get is why people get into sports. I mean, liking sports is fine, but getting into it is different. For example, I saw Yankee fans angry and crying. It's a game, people. A GAME. People in Boston were close to riot status in celebration of their team's win. RIOT STATUS. I think Jeff Foxworthy said it best......

".....And you call us stupid in the south......."

Humph.

Archived