Home

Go Red Sox!

--ZeeMan--

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Datheus

Wow man. That's a ballsy bet. You earned that 30 dollars..

Yeah, it was. I've been watching every game and every call of the Series due to the fact that I only have 10 dollars handy, the rest is in a credit deposit for a few more years o_0.

Also, I think it's kinda nice for the Red Sox to win it, after 80 some years without a series, what better way than to do it with a sweep.

I was 9 when the Sox went down in 7 to the Reds ...

... 13 when Bucky Dent put the final nail in the Sox major collapse that year ...

... in college to watch that easy grounder dribble between Bill Buckner's legs ...

So last night was sweet for me to watch. I was sure it was over after being 0-3 to the Yanks, and didn't think they'd sweep the Cards ...

Mike

This kid I know, whose a Red Sox fan, keeps saying to me, "What happen to the Yankees?" and my response to him is, "Yanks won 26 World Series and it didn't take them 86 years to win one aswell." :lol: I admit, Red Sox did good this series, but next this series is going to be a different story. :rolleyes: Congrats Red Sox.

Losers? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Red Sox getting swept by the Yanks in the beginning? Oh yeah...they were, but the Yanks got lazy. Red Sox were PRAYING to GOD that they would win against the Yankz. They were sweating bullets. Like I said before...this recent victory of the Red Sox, which took about 86 years to accomplish, is nothing compared to the 26 World Series the Yanks have won.

Y'know kettch, you should really be a Boston fan, because they're crazy and they're violent. Sixteen people hospitalized in Boston following the Sox win. Sad.

Anyway, as a Yankee fan, I concede that the Red Sox did indeed get the best of New York this year and they deserved to win the World Series after all they've done in the postseason. Well done, Red Sox. I applaud everyone on the team, from Terry Francona to Curt Schilling. They were indeed the best team in baseball this year. I am actually happy for them, because it's been 86 years since they've won and now they can stop bitching and moaning about it.

Now, onward to next year!

Archived