Home

Go Red Sox!

--ZeeMan--

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

how can you call yourself a yankee fan with comments like that?!?!?! i don't care if they do deserve it, you don't tell them that!!!no true boston fan would ever say that aabout the yankees

But a true sports fan can recognize the good play of another team and congratulate them on their victory.

how can you call yourself a yankee fan with comments like that?!?!?! i don't care if they do deserve it, you don't tell them that!!!no true boston fan would ever say that aabout the yankees

No they wouldn't, because they've never experienced winning before. But now they have, and I'm mature and gracious enough to accept the fact that they have and even be happy for them to a degree. Because when you really boil it down, the Boston Red Sox are people too, people that have played their hearts and souls out and claimed what is rightfully theirs this season. They deserved to win and I totally respect that.

I've been a Yankee fan for over fifteen years now and I've been through triumph and heartbreak with this team. Losing to our rivals and then watching them win the World Series was very, very hard for me. But Boston beat us fair and square and they are the champions this year.

The Yankee's choked. Plain and simple.

They have the highest paid roster in the League, and they could not muster a win when they needed it most. Their bullpen blew apart, and could not hold the Red Sox down. Their offense was suprisingly absent when all they needed was a single win, and this was one of the most powerful offenses during the regular season.

The Yankees let the big one slip away.

And they are screwed BIG TIME next season. Look at the money the Yankees already have locked up for next year. Essentially, every starting player except Lieber (who has a team option) is back under contract for next year. The precise figure is $168.55 million in payroll already for the 2005 season --and that's if they buy out Jon Lieber's contract instead of picking up his option. If they don't pick up Lieber's option, they're paying about $170 million for 15 players.

Most of those players are flat-out untradable, too. Jason Giambi (assuming he doesn't just retire) with $70 million left on deal through 2009? Yankee fans who think that Steinbrenner will be able to dump Kevin Brown just because he sucks are sadly mistaken as well. Brown is owed $15 million next year, and Mike Mussina is at $19 million. No one's taking those contracts.

This team is looking at a $200 million payroll, most of it spent on aging stars in the decline phase of their careers.

Expect the Yankees to lose their aura in the upcoming years.

i can't say i've been a yankee fan for 15 years, but i have been for about 11 years(i wasn't old enough before then, was 6 when i became a fan) so all my life i have been a yankee fan, and yes, they won fair and square, and they were the champions, but i would never publically respect them(a pride issue, i guess)

Then you're just a bigot. And a sore loser.

oh, i am not a sore loser, just saddened when my team loses, ask Shok, i don't think im a sore loser, otherwise i would act differently in competitive situations, and they are red sox, they are not equal to the yankees, they may be"good enough" but they are nood deserving of special recognition, YOU, on the other hand, are a traitor :lightning

Y'know, it's people like you that give Yankees fans a bad name. It's people like you that make Boston fans hate us so much. You're ignorant, stupid and childish for thinking the way you do.

Joe Torre congratulated the Red Sox on beating the Yankees and winning the world series. The New York Yankees themselves congratulated the Red Sox. Does that make them traitors too?

alright, here is where people need to read what people LITERALLY write, i specifically said"not publically" ohh, sure, i was glad they beat the cardinals, sure, they won, sure, they were a good team this year. however, they were not exceptional, or amazing, or anything constituting extra recognition, they deserve to be recognized for winning the WS, but they do not deserve to be held above other teams

edit: so no, the yanks are not traitors, because they congratulated them on their victory. you are a traitor because you called them great, etc.

man, sports fans disgust me sometimes. It's a game!

*is tired of seeing this riot crap from sporting events* a victory party should not cause the death of an innocent person. Seriously, it's like eveyrone automatically becomes an idiot when watching sports, Hell I've been caught up in sports before, and suffered a temporary loss in brain function. But never did I harm anyone celebrating. :x

anyway, Sox won fair and square, but the fans were being idiots of the highest degree. But then again, so were some of the Yanks fans.

alright, here is where people need to read what people LITERALLY write, i specifically said"not publically" ohh, sure, i was glad they beat the cardinals, sure, they won, sure, they were a good team this year. however, they were not exceptional, or amazing, or anything constituting extra recognition, they deserve to be recognized for winning the WS, but they do not deserve to be held above other teams

I think it was amazing that they were the first team to come back from being down 3-0 and won the series, I think it is amazing that they have a record for most consecutive wins in a single postseason.

And in winning the World Series, I think that would constitute saying they are better then any other teams.

edit: so no, the yanks are not traitors, because they congratulated them on their victory. you are a traitor because you called them great, etc.

I offered my congratulations to the Red Sox on a job well done. I said they were the best team in baseball this year. Why? Because they won the World Series, that's why. The pinnacle of the baseball world. They won, they deserve respect.

Respect is acknowlegment and recognition of job well done and conceding defeat. It is not holding a team above the others. Not once did I say that they deserve to be held up above the other teams. All the teams played their hearts out. But in the end, somone has to win and that was the Red Sox this year. I never once called them great. Do I think they're better than the '98 Yankees? No. I think the '98 Yankees were the greatest baseball team of the past decade. Not the '04 Sox. But the Red Sox won this year and have the respect of the entire baseball world. It doesn't matter what some immature sore loser thinks about them.

I am a Yankee fan. I am also a baseball fan. And when a team wins it all, I am happy for them, even if they beat my team. Because that's what real baseball fans do.

ohh, sure, i was glad they beat the cardinals, sure, they won, sure, they were a good team this year. however, they were not exceptional, or amazing, or anything constituting extra recognition, they deserve to be recognized for winning the WS, but they do not deserve to be held above other teams

Fine, you don't think the BoSox were amazing this post-season. Alright.

But don't you think the Yanks not being able to win 1 out of 4 games at the end of the series is amazing?

I mean, THAT'S F'ING EXCEPTIONAL!!!

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

That doesn't mean diddly squat. Just because they are good in this series doesn't mean they are better than every team out there from now on. Come on now...I know that that comment is towards Lieutenant_kettch, but I gotta post on that.

^^^what he said

and so i don't get yelled at for spamming

and i'm pretty sure i outrank everyone here, so i have authority... and BTW R9, what's with the flaming, seems to me even if it seems immature not to think a team deserves special recognition, it would be even more immature to hurl groundless insults like your

traitor

^^^what he said

and so i don't get yelled at for spamming

and i'm pretty sure i outrank everyone here, so i have authority... and BTW R9, what's with the flaming, seems to me even if it seems immature not to think a team deserves special recognition, it would be even more immature to hurl groundless insults like your

traitor

dude...shut up....you outrank everyone? what kind of bs is that?

seriously, this is not turning into a good discussion topic...someone LOCK THIS

Outrank everyone here? In what, pray tell?

And I am not flaming you. I am proving my point that you give Yankees fans a bad name. All you've done in this thread is make everyone hate the Yankees more. As if they need more incentive to do that. You may love the fact that everyone hates the Yankees, but I personally hate it. And I want it to stop. And you need to stop fostering your ignorant and bigoted views.

Archived