Home

Your Thoughts on KOTOR 2

MygarSol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am enjoying the idea that i get to play my own characters right hand man after my original character has died unfortunately this isnt doing my addiction to kotor any good

i actually managed to restrain myself and not play kotor for a few months i used these forums as a way of coping and to satisfy my lightsaber lust i played jedi knight jedi academy but it just didn't hit the spot and i'm back to playing kotor again i've just finished a game on my pc without mods and have added a mod allowing me to be a jedi from the start and to skip the endire spire bit

what can i say i'm hooked

Originally posted by CaptainSkye

Don't feel bad, I have the same problem:(

Lets pray KotOR 2 comes quickly...

well to be honest when ever i play kotor the last thing i feel is bad, if anything i'm on a high :D

but i have a job so i do exist in the real world to but in the real world lightsabers are just bits of plastic with flashy lights and alectric sounds :mad: i want a real one

there is no emotion only peace

ok i feel better now

Originally posted by Aleggy

but i have a job so i do exist in the real world to but in the real world lightsabers are just bits of plastic with flashy lights and alectric sounds :mad: i want a real one

Well if you get yourself one of those fragile Neon bladed lightsabers, you can almost fool yourself into thinking you have a real one for just a second when you turn them on in a dark room. :D

Oh, the flowing robes. That is seriously enough for me. As long as they keep the story up to the same standards set by the first one, I'm going to be just fine. Now that one of your party NPCs has a wrist-mounted rocket and dart launcher, making one for a Boba Fett (or maybe a Kamino poison dart launcher for Jango) MOD.

my pal in philidelphia got to play the demo of KOTOR 2 over the weekend. He entered a contest that required a two page typed essay about how much you love games. He got second place out of about 200 entries. The top 3 got to go to a PUBLIC E3 in Newyork only for people who won these contests around the east coast. Apparently they kept it under very good wraps because close to nobody knew about it. E3 rented out a office buliding floor in newyork and set up games there. Mike got to play a very good demo of Halo 2...he said it makes you want to never leave the controler out of your grasp. He got to play some other new demos like Ratchet and Clank Up your arsenal, and KOTOR 2. He said there was about 20 or so games there and he said these were the best choices. LOL he said there was like 3 WW2 games...(that genre is so overplayed).

He mostly played Halo 2...but he said the demo of KOTOR 2 was exquisite. He said the fighting was seemless and you can attack multiple people around you with some attacks instead of just one person. The cool thing is that he got to play a completly different demo than the people did at the private E3. He started on Tatooine as a dark jedi master (consular). He said that the new force crush is awesome along with a new addition to consulars. Consulars get MASTER lightsaber throw. He says it goes to multiple people but it hits more times and harder than advanced.

Oh and he said that he entered to get a copy of Halo 2 10 buissness days before anyone else....he got 26th place out of 30 in a halo 2 match...He sucks lol. He also tried to KOTOR 2...he had to kill 50 tusken raiders in 10 mins....He said nobody did....everyone...EVERYONE died. LoL it was a joke he says..."You fight like 3 at a time for the first 2 mins while in the dunes like in KOTOR 1 but then OUT OF (explicit) NOWHERE you get attacked by 5 Holy and Elite. LOL even as a jedi master he got schooled. He said that one guy got to the final 8 Raiders but the FInal 8...All come at the same time LOLOLOL. Ouchies.

He also said the Consular now looks like they suck with lightsabers...Their attacks are rough and are panicked. Force lightning looks better...in the demo he played one of the tuskens have forcelightning...dont ask me why.

Anyways he had a blast....he says if you wish to participate in the public E3 you have to keep a good watch on the papers.

Originally posted by bneezy

Oh, the flowing robes. That is seriously enough for me. As long as they keep the story up to the same standards set by the first one, I'm going to be just fine. Now that one of your party NPCs has a wrist-mounted rocket and dart launcher, making one for a Boba Fett (or maybe a Kamino poison dart launcher for Jango) MOD.

Lets make a real poison dart launcher to use on really anoying people! ::rolleyes:

^^^^

Hopefully the FPS people will learn the difference between FPS and RPG's someday.

As lukeiamyourdad stated SW KOTOR and SW KOTOR:TSL are turn based RPG's not FPS that is why there is a pause in the combat, it will not change, nor should it ever change, in RPG's combat occurs in turns and through a particular order of initative.

Originally posted by TheKnife

Whoa...Is that true or just a way to make me confused?

I do know what you mean, but it can be said easier :p

ok i will try to explain what they are saying

have you ever played trumps

well in trumps on your go you choose a card that you hope will win the round and then wait and watch the others choose there card to battle yours as they each try to win the round and all you can do is sit and wait until its your next turn

rpg battling is a similar principle your player uses there attack and then your oponent does there's, thats why there's a gap and you have to wait.

if your still having difficulty understanding the turn based attacks then play pokemon on a gameboy and it will be even more frustrating but you will understand what we mean:D

Originally posted by FiEND_138

I'm just glad it's not as apparent as it is in Final Fantasy.....you should be too.

i once played a demo of a final fantasy (cant remember wich one) and i agree with fiend, in comparrison kotor was very smooth

Archived