Home

Some problems with JK/MotS on W2K

Samuel Dravis

This happens in a lot of older games for me (even some that are *supposed* to be W2K compatible). Whenever the game has to change resolution, say for example:

*Going to the menu in MotS from playing the game, it minimizes.

*Going from the campaign map to the battle map in Medieval TW does the same thing.

Many other games of mine do this as well. I've never been able to find an answer for it, and I've made sure my video drivers for my Radeon 9700 and my monitor are up to date. I've got an older machine that runs W98 and they work perfectly on it, so it's not a real pressing issue, but if I can solve it I'll be very happy. :)

It's a quite irritating problem that's been bugging (heh :)) me for a long time...so anyone have some advice?

Windows 2000 and Windows ME Both suck!!...Period. I had Countless issues with both OS's. If the problem is not the OS, it may be your video card drivers need to be updated for the OS you are using. I recently updated my WINDWOS XP with MS Service pack 2, and JK and MOTS both failed to even work. I then (after a reminder from my genius 8 year old son) went to my video card manufacturer's web site to get the latest drivers for WINDOWS XP, then it worked fine. I hope this helps.

Well, the thing is, this same thing has happend ever since I first got this computer. The earliest drivers I had for my Radeon 9700 were the Catalyst 1.6 (I think) and I've tried updating them, but it never fixes this particular issue. I'm more inclined to believe it may be something to do with my monitor or perhaps the OS. I do like 2K though, it never crashes like 98 does...

Archived