Home

For those in school

Guest Jed

Is your school getting involved in this?

Frankly, I'm a bit scared. There IS a reason that the voting age is 18, so this election could be filled with people that are thinking "omg bush l00ks like a monk3y, i vote for him LOLZ".

*shrug*

my school is but since im a native american indian i cant take part in any form in any election that has to do with any government except my own...so that means i dont vote....and i cant vote in this mock election it is against my cultures...

so i say meh...;)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Oh I don't know, it seems like an ok way to show kids the process of it all. Who cares what they put down as any give reason.

indeed. Any opportunity for kids to grasp knowledge of how things work is a great idea. Learning from our mistakes is what grows us, thinking about what we do not know grows us, discussing our beliefs (regardless of age) matures us. :)

we had something like this when we had the 2000 elections. it was rather fun.

Originally posted by TheRealJedidude

Im glad my school isn't doing this. I vote for what I think is right. My dumbest, strongest friend is votin for Bush cause "his mommy said she is"...Honestly!

Kerry pwns all

AHHH!!! HAHAHAHA!! No offense, but your friend's gotta be the biggest tool I've ever read about...and I know my cousin!

...cuz my cousin is a walking tool-box...hurts my feelings some times...not really.

I dont have a problem with it in and of itself, but when they start trying to spin it, and make the claim that the winning candidate is better for our children or something, that's just wrong. In general, I dont think they have a clue what theyre talking about, so the voting is pretty much arbitrary.

Ugh... yes, my high school is doing this.

And the worst thing about it is - so many people, teachers and students, are pushing it on you. It's like brainwashing!

Acting like everyone has to "register" and "voice your opinion and be heard." It doesn't count for anything, sorry.

Gimme a break. :roleyess:

They both suck. I'm TK-8252 and I approved this message.

Originally posted by Dave Grohl

So...you're a zitizen (correct me if I'm wrong) but its against your culture to vote?

the zitizen part i dont get (CapN fill me in) but yep i cant vote...because i am enrolled as a Native Member of the Tuscarora Indian Reservation as well as in Canada at Six Nations.....and if i partake in the election i loose all my rights as a Native and i would get my family kick off the land....so its very stricked on what i can and cant do...

Archived