Home

For those in school

Guest Jed

My school voted in a rather large one put on by ChannelOne news, a daily TV news show for teenagers here in the US. According to the site, about 1.4 million teens voted in this.

How it worked for us:

1. Our first period teacher gave us each one voting card, with a unique code on each one.

2. We went to the ChannelOne site, entered our code, and chose between George W. Bush, John Kerry, or "Third Party Candidate"

Needless to say, this is way more inaccurate than the OFFICIAL US election. A person I knew found a pile of unused cards and voted for Kerry 8 times, but my state as a whole voted for Bush.

for official results:

http://channelone.com/election_2004/results/

I don't really take this too seriously though, because I realize that 95% of students simply voted for who their parents voted for.

Originally posted by TK-8252

They both suck. I'm TK-8252 and I approved this message.

i agree wholeheartedly. kerry can't make up his mind on anything, and bush wants to force whats on his mind down everyone's throats. that just sucks.

oh, and to give you an idea of how things went in 2000 at my old high school:

everyone voted the way their parents would vote.

why?? cuz most kids haven't been taught to research the candidates and make informed descisions.

of course, most americans still don't make informed descisions on who they vote for. (otherwise, the swift boat ads and bush going awol would be null issues). most still just vote straight ticket like a bunch of n00bs. :rolleyes:

Archived