Home

- BF "Curiosities" -

Achillesz7

Friends,

Here are some "curiosities" that I've discovered while researching the Battlefront's production.

1.)

ATTmissiles.jpg

Here are two pictures that show the ATT showing it's lower missile launchers. Too bad they didn't keep that feature in that game. It would have made those Trade Federation tanks a real force to be reckoned with, especially against AT-ETs.

2.)

BigSpeederthing2.jpg

Anotherspeeder1.jpg

Another interesting loss was this strange unnamed vehicle. From the looks of it you could have a gun on the "top deck". Neat.

3.)

Gianspeeder.jpg

Here's just a friendly reminder of the Gian speeder. Could we implement this into multiplayer maps?

4.)

Clonesoncommandcenter.jpg

I wonder what the devs were thinking by placing two clonetroopers here? Was this just for look or something more?

5.)

Coreships.jpg

Maybe somewhere in the code we can find the models and textures for these trade federation core ships. Having them on hand might be useful for something.

continued....

Continued...

6.)

RhenVar.jpg

NightRhen1.jpg

I found this really interesting. It seems that early in the development of BF Rhen Var was to take place during the night. Maybe we can keep this idea in mind when creating maps?

7.)

Dusktat1.jpg

This was another change in the lighting of the levels. Here we see Tatooine at dusk instead of during the day. Its very moody and "dusty" feeling, don't you think?

8.)

Nicesky.jpg

This really bothered me when I play the Yavin level. Where is this sky? Why isn't it nice and bright full of color like this? Why is the sky in the current game a big bowl of gray crap? I'm hoping that somehow we can change the Yavin level back to what we see here.

9.)

OldHUD2.jpg

OldHUD.jpg

Here is a close look at the early verison of the player HUD.

Interestingmaphud.jpg

This was very cool. It looks like they had a detailed map for the HUD in the early stages of the game. Is it possible that we can change the map to look like this?

END

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed my little collection of BF "curiosities".

-Achillesz7

The code and textures for the TF core ships is there ;) it's just not a game object, it's a _DOME object, which is a thing flying on the skydome, for background purpose ;))

The code for gian speeder is right there in the BF source, the speeder is fully operational.

I think he means in the historical Campaign map of Geonosis there are 2 clones on that "deck" thing?

This is a very nice list. 8) bothered me, and 6) is a good find. Rhen Var at night, should be cool. I think they made it lighter for visibility, same for tatooine. Tatooine gives you this feeling to sleep :p

This aint editing, moved to swbf

Originally posted by Achillesz7

This really bothered me when I play the Yavin level. Where is this sky? Why isn't it nice and bright full of color like this? Why is the sky in the current game a big bowl of gray crap?

Probably so all the textures could be stored in the memory of a ps2...

Confucius say: " Man who looks at sky, gets fragged."

Is it really a grey sky in the pc version though? i guess i never noticed since that massive red fire/sun planet thing takes up most of the view.

hats off to Achillesz7, that was an interesting read.

:dsaber:

Originally posted by beard

Confucius say: " Man who looks at sky, gets fragged."

Is it really a grey sky in the pc version though? i guess i never noticed since that massive red fire/sun planet thing takes up most of the view.

hats off to Achillesz7, that was an interesting read.

:dsaber:

And that would be Yavin. :eyeraise:

#2 is the flash speeder (it's naboo) They show it in the movie before the Rebellion on theed level in historical campaign (look close it shows it firing then moving) the reason they were taken out is because if you research the vehicle on the starwars site data bank you would know that it is a crowd control vehicle and not a tank the Gien speeder is a much heavier vehicle so they must have swhiched in production.

about the grey sky on Yavin if you look also their is mist and a lower view dist in that level they were going for the hidden jungle/ruins feel for that map

for #1 the aat having missles would make it unstopable if you really think about it!!!

Also I saw a really good looking sky for the endor map that had the second death star in background but it was taken out!!!http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/ Gallary Pc shot# 7

There were once planes on Kimono (kan't speel lol)http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/ Gallary pc shot # 6

But yea Achillesz7 I like you ideas a night invasion on Ren var would have been very cool!!! they sould include a feature in an up comming patch to change the time of day (night, dawn, day, default, dusk) I have seen this in various other games and it really makes it seem much better. another feature I think would be cool is in the create a server screen if you have any battle's that were from the movies you could select the option "historical on/off" This would make it so it would remove things like dark troopers and wookies from endor and things like no jets on geo, this would bring historical campaign to multi so to say!!!

I have the Xbox version so mods are not my answer I guess I will need to wait and see what the content dl's bring!:atat::deathstar:atat:

I hate long posts lol!!!

Xbox live name: Armydude71490

Can't wait for next patch need non cannon fodder AI!:bdroid1::bdroid2::bdroid1:

Pho3nix I like your ideas about the clone piolts and Spha-T's but clone piolots should be only animated statics that can be killed but respawn and Spha-T's in background/out of bounds areas firing at sky at the other background ships leaving! I love the power of no lag on Xbox! (I pick a sniper stair at backgrounds and bot battle) but when it gets down to buisness online I'm you man!!!:fett:

I have a feeling that when the devs release the editing tools that they will have those vehicles within the editor to be placed on custom maps. Makes sense i would think, plus they are spending a lot of time putting it together so it wouldn't surprise me if those vehicles were finished by the time the editor is released. Should give us a lot of new toys to play around with if they do decide to do that.

Also I saw a really good looking sky for the endor map that had the second death star in background but it was taken out!!!

Umm... you know (at least in the PC version) the second Death star is visible in the background in the released version. It's kind of hard to see with all the trees, and if you play as a rebel your objective lies in the opposite direction of it. But play as an Imperial, and you should see it in the sky if you look for it from the more open path.

Regarding 4, the Clone Troopers stationed at the forward command center:

Bobby's Helmet, a dev who used to come to these forums, said that originally, you would be able to order down Orbital Strikes and control Probe Droids from the forward command center. This, among other things, was cut.

Originally posted by Prime

Are they releasing editing tools?

If they want people to continue playing the game then yes i don't see why they won't. i read that they are releasing the patches then the tools as separate entities. They are supposedly working on making them easy to use as they are trying to implement tools for the xbox as well. PS2 players, however are SOL because of the lack of space or a harddive.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

If they want people to continue playing the game then yes i don't see why they won't. i read that they are releasing the patches then the tools as separate entities. They are supposedly working on making them easy to use as they are trying to implement tools for the xbox as well. PS2 players, however are SOL because of the lack of space or a harddive.

I would love to see editing tools on Xbox that would be awsome!

I have never seen that done before so It might be hard to do or just that other game devs are "lazy"!

Well from what i read on one of the dev updates is that the editor will be very easy to use as the xbox doesn't have a keyboard so in my opinion i think the editor will a have drag and drop format as opposed to drawing and texturing boxes and filling in values and such like the the JA editor. I think that he said that the editor will be the same for xbox and pc. I think that's great because you won't spend weeks, even months on a single map that no one will appreciate all the detail you put into it. I just hope that pc users can get some more in depth options so that the pc can take full advantage of the engine. I'm also hoping that there are not a lot of restrictions in terms of map size and how much you can put into a map as i definitely want bigger maps for some good dogfighting and control point placement. Also hopefully, those vehicles will be included for us to play around with. That would be awesome.

Archived