Home

Very lame

Last night we had a guy on UKGarrison.com_-_Training, I think he was called Boomer. Anyway, very lame tactics used there. He camped beside the single remaining rebel command post waiting for players to respawn then blasted them with his AT-ST.

Absolutely nobody could play until this joker was wasted. :mad:

Oh for a server that you can use to kick individual players! :D

Spawn rapin' has been increasingly growing in alot of the public servers lately and it was bound to happen. One bad thing about not being able to cap a point while in a vehicle. Someone could literally just sit there and kill all day long without capping.

The devs really need to take a look at vehicle damage as well.. In my opinion, its way too tough for infantry to take out a vehicle and even when you're in a vehicle, the amount of damage that you can take and dish out goes on for way too long.

I hope future patches address this as it sometimes does ruin a good game. I've seen games literally last 1-2 minutes because of situations like this. no fun in that...

Indeed the drawback of not being able to capture spawnpoints while in a vehicle is a the risk of spawnkilling. I do however think it's a good feature, since ppl are actualy vulnerable when they want to capture a spawnpoint. This way you need to think twice before trying to capture a spawnpoint and often it's smarter to wait for backup; adds a bit of the need for tactics.

The new patch will make spawning players invincible for a couple of seconds. This is the countermeasure for spawnkilling. With that fix, I think spawnkilling is taken care of enough. Time to move on to other exploits and bugs.

Originally posted by grep

In my opinion, its way too tough for infantry to take out a vehicle and even when you're in a vehicle, the amount of damage that you can take and dish out goes on for way too long.

I agree completely. It took three or four rockets to take that AT-ST out. :rolleyes:

It has to be said though that the explosions in this game are absolutely awesome. :D

Originally posted by grep

Spawn rapin' has been increasingly growing in alot of the public servers lately and it was bound to happen. One bad thing about not being able to cap a point while in a vehicle. Someone could literally just sit there and kill all day long without capping.

The devs really need to take a look at vehicle damage as well.. In my opinion, its way too tough for infantry to take out a vehicle and even when you're in a vehicle, the amount of damage that you can take and dish out goes on for way too long.

I hope future patches address this as it sometimes does ruin a good game. I've seen games literally last 1-2 minutes because of situations like this. no fun in that...

This is why my favourite maps are all light to no vehicles.

On the editing forum we have someone who has removed flight restrictions on all the maps and expanded it all for more vehicle-centric combat- To me there is too much going on with the vehicles. You can be a pilot, grab a hover tank or walker or whatever and just cause havok for a long damn time with the way vehicles are now-

I want all my maps re-built so that they are all city type maps with no // very little vehicle support. :)

Vigil

Archived