Home

What would you like to see in an expansion pack?

FauzTran

Originally posted by Noriyule

Units -

I Would like to see at least 3 new unites per faction. and i would like to be able to use the various Third Faction that are in the game now. Like the tusken raiders.

Rebels -

1.Rebel Engineer - this is they guy who builds all the Turrets other things. he also has the Ability to modify Existing Turrests/Vehicles to have More Firepower/Defense. He carries basic Equipment and An Engineers Kit

2.Medic- She Heals Soldiers in battle and Replenishes Their Ammunitions. Medics Can Jam Enemie Maps to not make it look like the enemy is capturing said command Post.

3.Dont Have One yet :p

Imperials -

I Have to go but ill edit this post later..

Woulden't it be hard to find something to the CIS or the republic?

Only one Extra guy.

Empire: the imp officer with a strong blaster stronger recon droid's (the hoth one's) and three of them and a big repiting blaster that need's construction.

Rebels: the Bothen spy with a disguise kit, demo kit, a repeter blaster (small one) and fast movment (can only be dicovered by the IMP officer).

Clones: a shadow trooper that isen't on the map, has a powerfull sniper rifle, and extreme movement (diden't find up so much).

CIS: the normal TradeFed droid (episeod I) With a repeter blaster rifle, grenades, and only count's up 2\3 off a point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe it or not But ...NOTHING

Everything that people have been wishing for should be given in small doses in each update. We paid good money for the core game. Should we not get more maps and vehicles as a reward for loyal support and purchasing. Why should you have to fork out even more for additional skins vehicles weapons and so on.

If a "bonus item were offered in each update. You would immediately have everyone updateing to get the new items, it would be a cool incentive to be updated.

Originally posted by micks75au

Believe it or not But ...NOTHING

Everything that people have been wishing for should be given in small doses in each update. We paid good money for the core game. Should we not get more maps and vehicles as a reward for loyal support and purchasing. Why should you have to fork out even more for additional skins vehicles weapons and so on.

If a "bonus item were offered in each update. You would immediately have everyone updateing to get the new items, it would be a cool incentive to be updated.

Wether or not we deserve those maps doesn't matter. What matters is that lucasarts can earn extra money by making an expansion pack/sequel. If you aks me that's what they planned for since the beginning, as almost every popular starwars game has an expansion pack/sequel.

Originally posted by MasterChiefRulZ

#1 SPACE BATTLES. This is a glaring omission, which I honestly think they left open for an expansion in case the game suceeded. Which I think it has. :) Space battles from all 6 movies are needed, and maybe create some from SW locations/settings.

EP1 Naboo space battle

EP2 Jedi Starfighters vs Slave ones in asteriods (obi 1 vs Jango)

EP3 will have some big ones they can use, I've seen previews.

EP4 1st Deathstar (Xwings, Awings etc vs Multiple type Tiefighters)

EP5 Millenuim falcons, imperial star destroyers, asteriods (take some liberties here)

EP6 2nd Deathstar complete with capital ships (BIG ones)

I disagree with the unrealistic scenarios here e.g. ep2 and ep5. Sure you could have hero units such as obi-wans and jango's ships, but there should be mainly grunts, such as clone fighters and gunships v geonosian and droid fighters etc. Same with the hoth asteroid field, x-wings and medium transports v he startdestroyers and tie fighters, assisting the falcon. To have more than one hero ship is as unrealistic as having having more than one of the same hero unit on a map.

Also with the Episode4 map, they should stick to the fighters that took part, the imperial tie fighters, vader's tie and the x-wing and y-wings, it seems limiting, but at least its true to what we see on the movies.

BTW with all these ideas, we dont have to pay for *any*of them, if we get the modding tools needed to make mods, we could easily make our own vehicles, maps units and factions, although stuff like multi war battles would be harder, if not impossile.

Patch/Expansion/Mod Ideas

This thread has covered other possible units rather well (including some of my own ideas:cool: )

Originally posted by Vagabond

In the name of all that which does not suck, please no Vong. I agree with the sentiment that they totally killed my love for reading Star Wars novels - I haven't bought one since I read the first NJO novel.

:

The first NJO novel was the worst there ever was. The rest of the NJO series is awesome- the best of all Star Wars. This mod is gonna be awesome.

Originally posted by Sata

I disagree with the unrealistic scenarios here e.g. ep2 and ep5.

Thats cool. Just following suit to what LucasArts/Pandemic is already doing. Taking creative license based off of Star Wars content. Like the battle in Jabbas palace, never happened, but is a cool idea/concept for a map based off a real StarWars location/characters. :) Also Bespin platforms is a classic example.

Admitably though, the EP 5 cruisers, Xwinds and a falcon vs Ties and Imperial SD does sound much better. :)

Mods are inevitable, and will definitely add more selling power and shelf-life to this game....

But the real selling power of an expansion will be features that the mod community won't be able to do without having access to SWBF source code, something only pandemic could do.

Space battles with big cruisers and asteriods might be something only pandemic could pull off just right. With the ability to fly out of the capital ships, run around in them, massive Death Stars modeled, Real Epic Space battles, and *Proper bot support* etc.

But who knows, if the community can do it, it'd be great. :)

Space maps could have fun NPC's. In the game I never play with heroes on. They are stupid, but invinible at close range. A Millenium Falcon would be something else. You can run form it, try to outmanouvre it, maybe you have to make it an objective the imperials: Destroy the Falcon (of course it would just fly away after it taked an amnount of damage. I wouldn't encourage mountable turrets though. It would be boring to just sit in there and fire on something you can't mis (the enemy capital ship.

Originally posted by MasterChiefRulZ

Thats cool. Just following suit to what LucasArts/Pandemic is already doing. Taking creative license based off of Star Wars content. Like the battle in Jabbas palace, never happened, but is a cool idea/concept for a map based off a real StarWars location/characters. :) Also Bespin platforms is a classic example.

Aye good point, I suppose its not really within possibility that a battle took place in Jabbas, and other such scenarios presented in Battlefront (although slightly more likely than Jabbas :D)

I suppose some battles could take a poetic liscence approach, after all, as we've seen in the novels and graphic novels (especially the "infinities" series) its kinda cool when you add a twist to what we know and love. Which is why I loved KOTOR, because instead of going forwards anymore it went backwards, which has been scripted by material, so much so that it was wise to explore it via computer games...

I can wait to see what the mod community can do with KOTOR style stuff!

Archived