Home

Dark Troopers

FauzTran

If the Dark Trooper were to be improved....  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If the Dark Trooper were to be improved....

• Seeing how the weapon bites, make it better. Leave his armor as crappy as it is.
    • Make his Armor way better, but to compensate, leave his weapon the same.
    • Leave his weapon and armor the same, but increase the range and charge of his jump pack.
    • Stop picking on the Dark Trooper!

The Dark Troopers in this game don't appear very frightening. Their weapons is not very good, their armor is nothing special and their Jump Pack is nothing like the Clone Jet packs.

I would like to know if I'm using it wrong or are the Dark Troopers realy lacking?

If there was an improvement to be made, what would it be?

Rebels vs. Imperials is very balanced now. I don't think you should make any differences cause it will only unbalance the game.

Sure, the darktrooper has a crappy gun, but it's a short-range weapon and should be used for that. Also, the darktrooper's strentgh is his mobility. Use it for capturing spawnpoints, not for heavy firefights.

The darktrooper's jetpack is nothing compared to the clone's jetpack, but the imperials don't fight the clones. You should only compare it to the rebels special unit, which is the wookiee. Compared to that, the darktrooper isn't such a bad unit at all.

I guess you can express your opinion if you would want the darktrooper be replaced by the imperial officer, but it's not really an answer to the author's question.

I bet he and other would like your opinion about what should be improved about the darktrooper if it were to be improved.

You want to improve the Dark trooper?

Are you kidding?

I see a lot Dark trooper killer teams online taking one CP after one and kills you with a single shot why i always need a couple of hits before i get one.

No the Dark trooper is good as is is and in a Team they are killer machines

Rends

I think you guys aren't useing him to his full ability.He is awsome just not a front line troop.Every one wants to be the hero,on the battle field you have to have teamates to back you up.He is a realy good support trooper.His weapon is like a shotgun.Use him for jumping on buidings for spread fire cover,or tight hallways or rooms.If ppl would stop going head first into a battle with him he would be awsome.For front line you should use the soldier.

Originally posted by Darth Alec

:dtrooper: yeah he's great for capturing and support, if you use him right, like an ambush unit or strike in the heart of enemy's.

Your right...Both Jet troopers are good for blasting over the enemy and shooting a few in the back opening a whole for the other troopers...Good if you use them right.

the darktrooper isn't that bad (urm....ehh....well at least after my mod) they are good taking out "lone wolfes". they jump on them and taking them by surprise (just like the spanish inqusistion in monty pythons flying circus) and elminiate athem with their shotgun. (but my mod is better)

Originally posted by vcdstroyr

I remember from the Dark Trooper from the Dark Forces game...It was really something back then...But now yeah it's lacking. But that's the way things have to be to have a good balanced game.

I compleatly aggre! :dtrooper:

All I want is that awsome looking gun they had in Dark forces then Im set I also agree he is good If you use him right (which I can't "Im more of destro droid man") he also needs to not have storm trooper hands (in first person) and to have a more robotic voice mabe if I destorter was used "hint,hint" when he gives orders he sounds really bad same, for super battle droid needs to not sound like a :bdroid2::dtrooper:

If any one cares to know I use the Xbox version so don't suggest mods. I will have to see what the patches and content dls bring Im very impatient :explode::wid:

He needs to be more like the Dark Trooper from dark Forces. If he had a better gun and his Jet Pack had unlimited fuel ((Which it did in Dark Forces)) I would love it. If the gun was just a one hit kill like in Battlefield 1942 Secret weapons of WWII with the British shotgun I'd be fine. BUT NOOOOOOOOO teh yhad to RUIN him. I was looking forwards to himn until I played the game.

Yes yes what would be awsome is if there was a map for historical campaign which was the dark trooper invasion of that first planet you had to go to in dark forces!

You would be imp no vehicles on imp side rebles get a tank or two (imps get only two units phase one dark trooper unique unit for map, and phase two duh) but as a hero they get a phase three also unique for map! the bots would mostly pick phase one darks because humans would probably not!

if you think the DT is bad, you haven't seen a good pistol person use them. i like to bait my enemies in (or outright kill them, depending on how attentive they are) with the pistol, go behind cover then blast them with my rifle as they come running for me. you really should learn to love your pistol. its actually one of the best weapons in the game, if you're accurate enough. (all factions) it is able to take down a person in 3-4 shots, depending on how accurate you are :D

EDIT: after playing for a bit more, i thought it might be an interesting idea to make it so that grenades (only grenades, though) hurt the DT half as much. i dont know if this is possible in this engine, but the DT wouldnt be overpowered, and it would be neat to get tossed like a ragdoll by a grenade, only to get back up and continue fighting. that would ad a bit of a more fearsome edge to them w/o overpowereing them + it just looks and feels cool to survive a grenade when you were playing soccer with it.

Archived