Home

Dark Troopers

FauzTran

If the Dark Trooper were to be improved....  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If the Dark Trooper were to be improved....

• Seeing how the weapon bites, make it better. Leave his armor as crappy as it is.
    • Make his Armor way better, but to compensate, leave his weapon the same.
    • Leave his weapon and armor the same, but increase the range and charge of his jump pack.
    • Stop picking on the Dark Trooper!

I just think that every class should have something slightly wrong with them... If the DT had unlimited flying abilities, and a more accurate/powerful weapon then he would quickly become the "whore" class, and everyone would want to be on that faction and play as a DT... Matches would become a joke because nobody would want to play as a severely underclassed Rebel fighting against an army of DTs who have extreme mobility, and long range shooting capabilities...

Players will either love or hate each class for whatever strength or weakness it already has, and niche roles will be formed by the players that learn to master that particular class.. It's all about adapting to overcome a classes' shortcomings.. not whining about them...

Everyone's right.. Learn to use a DT effectively...

Sigh...they didn't RUIN the Darktrooper. Bitching about the accuracy of the Darktrooper EU facts is pointless on a gaming messageboard. It's all about balance, and what the developers had in mind when making this class.

As was stated before, and like I've stated in the other Darktrooper thread....they are an invasion class. Their sole purpose is to clear out CP's before the backup arrives. Think about it, if you've got a few DT's pounce onto a CP all at once, everyone is screwed. Unless the Rebel players are good at close range, the shottie will take them down in no time. And if on the off chance the DT's get overwhelmed, they'll probably hold out in time for the rest of the Imperials to mop up and take the point. That's the reason they're jetpack goes in short bursts, so they can pick a CP and tear it up.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

How can you snipe with a shotgun?

it's easy, with the spread it just makes every shot different, i actuly do snipe but not to much or your batha fodder.

i get two shots in with it + it's wasn't created for sniping it was created for close combat and choke point's, never use a unit for somthing it wasen't made for.

• 4 weeks later...

The dark trooper is good, but you have to use him like he's intended - as a close range killer. Jump him into range with the jump pack, cap a few soldiers, then get out of the way. Or sneak around and pop people in the back before they know you're there. You cannot rush into fire with the DT and expect him to be effective, though, that's suicide.

The Dark Troopers gun is just fine, you just have to know how to use it.

Its a basic 'laser shotgun' as the shot spreads in like fashion.

Shotguns aren't meant to be used like assault rifles(med to long range), but for close quarter fighting. If you are close enough, all 5 shots hit the target at once inflicting massive damage.

Ideal for the Jabba's palace map actually, but only if used correctly.

I actually prefer the dark trooper to the republic version- his jetpack has less fuel and manoeuvrability, but is so much faster that he is almost impossible to hit. And a full fuel load gives you two jumps- jump in, blast someone, drop a grenade, jump out. Also, if you're about to lose, his speed means that he is your best hope of breaking out of the last control point and taking another. I've turned round loads of games by doing this.

He's also good for sniper hunting, once he's close he's on a far superior footing and can nail the guy in the head.

I think that the Dark Troopers are underestimated a bit too much, and their shotgun-like spread can be devestating at close range. The jetpack is pretty bad compared to the clone counterpart, but it can be used to jump over obstacles for people who like to rush in and take command posts quickly. The DT's jetpack moves a lot faster then the clone one, so he is also less likely to get shot out of the sky. However, the lack of control on how you can maneuver is pretty bad, and it runs out of fuel quickly, so I only use it on certain maps that require rushing to capture CP's, but on open maps like Hoth or the Dune Sea, the DT is pretty useless.

The jetpack is supposed to be more of a super jump than an actual jetpack, and it should generally be used in conjunction with the gun, IE instead of trying to SNIPE with it, use the jetpack to get close, where that gun HURTS. I've done this on many maps, including both Bespin maps, and have made it through the entire level getting one hit kills and not dying.

Archived