Home

invulnerability period

italegion

invulnerability period at respawn?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. invulnerability period at respawn?

• Yes, great!
    • No, thanks.

Just because the person who started the topic speaks the same language as you doesn't mean you should start talking that language. Please stick to English so that other readers can actually understand you. After all, you want your opinion clear to every reader and not just one, right?

As for the invincibility period, I think it's a good thing. Spawncamping was getting a problem more and more, and this measure take care of it. Surely you will have more trouble capturing spawnpoints, since enemies who spawn are invulnerable, but the same goes for enemies trying to capture your spawnpoints. The only difference will probably be that capturing spawnpionts will be harder for both parties, so balance stays + you'll require more tactics to capture a spawnpoint which will only increase teamwork.

It would be perfect if the person who just spawned (who is invulnarable for a couple of seconds) looses his invulnerability as soon as he starts shooting. That would be more fair, but for some reason I don't expect the developers to be a smart as that. I hope they prove me wrong.

I think the invulnerability takes away the whole point of capturing a spawn point... You have to kill everyone in the area to capture a spawn point, but if they're invincible for 'x' time after spawning, the person capturing a spawn point will probbaly be killed.

extend yes, but artificiously - and anyway if people doesnt jump down from their vehicles they can't take the spawn; to the other hand they can't fire to the spawn and make spawn killing if there is a team soldier that is taking the point.. so that's not a problem.

i repeat: it's not needed, BF1942 has always gone great without it, as well for SWBF

Also this poll gives the idea of the doubts between players for such option.

Who did ask that to Pandemic?? this forum did not prayed for it, but did pray for updates such as fps unlock that it's not neitrher mentioned to next upgrades.. so maybe the TWL-team warfare clan?

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Depends how its implemented. If you pull the trigger & it's gone, thats fine. If not & you can rack up kills & take no damage for say 5-10 seconds, no thanks.

I agree, invulnerability should only be implented if the spawned person can't fire while being invulnerable. Obviously spawn times should be a little bit longer to, to make it possible to take the controlpoint.

BF1942 has always gone great without it

BF1942 also had a better vehicle system, and much larger maps, and you usually spawn in such a fasion that you can escape spawn campers.

I agree, invulnerability should only be implented if the spawned person can't fire while being invulnerable.

NO! mak the invulnerability go away when you fire...there is nothing worse than having to wait 5-10 seconds to start firing while someone's capturing your CP.

Having invulnerability until any of the following conditions is met is definitely the way to go:

1. You moving

2. You attacking

3. You pressing keys on the keyboard

4. You moving the mouse

5. You moving the joystick

This would eliminate spawn killing, and would also eliminate you being able to hurt attackers, or evade attackers, while still invulerable. This is a compromise that stays within the spirit of Star Wars Battlefront.

No way! Once I spawn the first thing I do is moving my mouse to orientate me. It's a reflex, just as much as moving as soon as possible is. It feels unnatural if you can't touch your mouse untill you know it's save. And besides, the spawnkiller can wait just as long as the invincibility period is over and the start shooting. Even though the target is probably moving, the splash damage of AT-STs and the like kill the target anyway.

No, I definately think only shooting should stop invincibility... or no invincibility at all.

Originally posted by Vagabond

Having invulnerability until any of the following conditions is met is definitely the way to go:

1. You moving

2. You attacking

3. You pressing keys on the keyboard

4. You moving the mouse

5. You moving the joystick

This would eliminate spawn killing, and would also eliminate you being able to hurt attackers, or evade attackers, while still invulerable. This is a compromise that stays within the spirit of Star Wars Battlefront.

1. Get real....not moving!!! *LOL* "ill just stand here and die then"

2.Yes....agreed, first shot should eliminate the spawnarmor

3.Get a clue dude!

4.Look above.

5.Wich one? Muhahahhaw

1 out of 5 .... i think you should rethink this for awhile....no wait....DONT!

It's not fair to have spawn-invulnerability, and also being able to move. That would allow you to run to a vehicle or turret and wipe out your would-be attackers. That just doesn't make any sense. As soon as you move, you then have control over your character, and are fair game to be killed, just like any other moment in the game.

Again, expecting to be invulnerable once you have spawned in and are able to control your character is unbalanced. Remember, the only reason for invulnerability during spawning is because sometimes a person's character will spawn before they are given full control over their character. Temporary invulnerability would eliminate that problem. Once you move, then you clearly have control, and no longer need invulnerability.

I mean, what do you want, people? A game? Or an "I win love fest"? I vote for a game, not some kind of crazy exploit-o-rama.

Archived