Home

Gunship question

Ghost-7117

Lacking something to save a pilot when he "ejects" in atmosphere would be quite an oversight for the militaries of Star Wars.

I think the only reason you don't see one is that nobody ever used one in the movies, so lacking imagination or the go-head from a (foolish) LucasFilm continuity suit person, they just don't give you one.

They could give you a limited fuel pack that goes away as soon as you land safely, or a repulsor pack, or just about any "futuristic" varient of a parachute.

Sure, in space, it would make sense for the guy to just eject in his space suit, but even then he's going to be floating around for awhile until he dies, unless he has a transponder and a thruster pack (jetpack). That's why real atronaunts have either a tether or a jetpack so they don't miss a hand hold and just float away.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Never played BF1942 eh? Parachutes were such annoyances. They STOLE your kills.

If they're available, do it like Forgotten Hope, have some specific kit with parachutes only.

Another problem with parachutes is that people take planes for transportation only, and then just jump out in the air, wasting the vehicle.

Yes such a waste. A fully armed Stuka with full hp wasted like that...

The best example of a nice map that has parachutes and that people actually used like they should is the Crete 1941 map of Forgotten hope where I saw pilots NOT ditching the plane but rather go back to the german main base to pick up more paratroopers.

I have attempted numerous timees to do this, but...is there anyway to get ontop of an at-at? Ive tried a bunch on rhen-varr, by first starting as a darktrooper, driving an at-at to a cliff, gettin out, getting on the cliff, then rocketing up to land on the at-at's back.....and over shoot. Could anybody try for me? I want to Shoot at the fools scampering about beneath me as i obliterate them from above, hahah! Right. could somebody also attempt to fly a rebel snowspeeder up to land on The back of an AT-at, plz? tnx alot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to land a T-47 (snowspeeder) on the back of an AT-AT, several times... as a Rebel Pilot and as an Imperial Pilot in a stolen T-47, you blow up as soon as the speeder sets down on the AT-AT.

I play the PS2 version, but I am guessing it is the same across all the platforms.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

So people can't complain about having parchutes are not anymore! Just play either the Clone Jet Pack Trooper or the Dark Trooper!

That's what I do on Bespin platforms and usually I bail and capture both enemy rear command posts before they know what's going on. :D

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

That's what I do on Bespin platforms and usually I bail and capture both enemy rear command posts before they know what's going on. :D

I hate that. You also have jettroopers trying to take over the rear points. I know that it helps a lot defeating the enemy, but because of this platforms can get a very dull walk and take over map, with almost no fighting going on.

You can do the same on mos eisley: play a jetpacktrooper and keep taking over the enemy's rear points and I guarantee that you will not have a good game.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

I hate that. You also have jettroopers trying to take over the rear points. I know that it helps a lot defeating the enemy, but because of this platforms can get a very dull walk and take over map, with almost no fighting going on.

You can do the same on mos eisley: play a jetpacktrooper and keep taking over the enemy's rear points and I guarantee that you will not have a good game.

I've got the AI on hard though, so it is a challenge, 'cause once I capture both, I have to constantly run back and forth to fight them off. :D

Yes such a waste. A fully armed Stuka with full hp wasted like that...

The best example of a nice map that has parachutes and that people actually used like they should is the Crete 1941 map of Forgotten hope where I saw pilots NOT ditching the plane but rather go back to the german main base to pick up more paratroopers.

Amen, sis'.

Forgotten Hope rules. I especially like the pilot class, the P-38, the sea planes, and the ships with torpedo-throwing racks on their decks:D.

I have attempted numerous timees to do this, but...is there anyway to get ontop of an at-at? Ive tried a bunch on rhen-varr, by first starting as a darktrooper, driving an at-at to a cliff, gettin out, getting on the cliff, then rocketing up to land on the at-at's back.....and over shoot. Could anybody try for me? I want to Shoot at the fools scampering about beneath me as i obliterate them from above, hahah! Right. could somebody also attempt to fly a rebel snowspeeder up to land on The back of an AT-at, plz? tnx alot.

But then again, all you really gain is some cover, and often not even that. In Galactic Conquest and Battle Field 1942it's pretty risky to ride shotgun on a tank during battle. Much safer to just run behind it.

Archived