Home

This is to all you Macintosh lovers!

Pho3nix

Right, so now you're going to tell me error messages are bad and you'd rather have nothing displayed Doomie?

It's an old one, but it's ace. I used mac for a while and was dissapointing for me after a while. Sure can be a great system for offices, work etc..but for the stuff I do (games etc) the choice is obvious. Still I "admire" apple's work in the past till now

Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

macs are good for a couple of things...looking good and graphics work. nothing more. (IMO)

man, thats it in a nutshell ! well said....

if only pcs could look as sexy as the macs, Itd be cool, but style never wins over substance IMHO....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

man, thats it in a nutshell ! well said....

if only pcs could look as sexy as the macs, Itd be cool, but style never wins over substance IMHO....

mtfbwya

My PC is way sexier than any Mac. ;)

Plus I don't see how Macs are better for graphic work than PCs - programs commonly used in industry are available for both, and with my A3 tablet I have just about the best setup I could want.

Guess that means the Mac has nothing then. :D

Lets go for a crash test shall we.

Smashing fun

MAC: 10-10 Super crazy fun to smash

PC: 6-10 enjoyable to a certain extent.

Crash Test

MAC: FAILED 3-10 it's F****** plastic

PC: Kinda passed 6-10 it's metal but

still it can be bent.

Looky Looky

MAC: 8-10 Let us review (thats all it has that and smashing fun)

PC: (anywhere from 4 - 8)-10 It can be greatly modded

Ability to run programs

MAC: 1(2 if your lucky)-10

PC: (6-9)-10 depends if its a game or not

while digital imagery work is capable of being done on both platforms, mac is still in the lead. A public style mac isn't much good to anyone, but privately bought, customized macs are the best computer you can ever purchase. Pixar uses g5's now and they have up to 12 gigs in ram. The standard customization for ram though is only up to 8 for the average person, but you have to be willing to dish out a lot of money. They come with the markets most powerful dual processor setups. The most resource useful interface in existance. And they have a very good warranty.

It's just ashame mac doesn't put that much effort into their other equipment, only the g series'.

I'd suggest the lot of you check out professional grade G5's. You'll be blown away by them.

Originally posted by horseflesh

Actually I've had more problems with my PC than I have with my G4 Mac. My Mac has run smoothly since day 1 and it plays games just fine. Sure, they are expensive, but they sure are worth it.

I bet some of the people here slagging Macs have never even used one. :hit4:

Mabe you don'y know PC's that well. Or you have bad luck.

while digital imagery work is capable of being done on both platforms, mac is still in the lead.

exactly. my friend benchmarked his mom's mac g-something, with the equivalent of a 733mHz processor, against his PC with a 2.4 gHz processor, and the mac still came out on top in the graphics area.

Archived